Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 22, 2019 at 12:19 AM Post #4,441 of 62,079
These are basically glorified T5's at over 3x the price and also using QCC3026:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07K49R8J2

Wondering what do our bretherens in Japan say about 'em?

EDIT: I just saw that it was covered earlier in this thread many pages back...

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:55 AM Post #4,442 of 62,079
I think HDSS is a sound scaler, that takes the incomplete bluetooth signal and tries to fill in the blanks to give a sound closer to 24-bit files. I think JVC also uses it in their neckband bluetooth earphones and they got a lot of praise for the sound boost...I think it was toggleable.

Did a little more digging on the what HDSS was, and it is not the sound scaler I thought it was...the sound scaler is DSEE HX - Sony uses it I think.

Anyways, HDSS (High Definition Sound Standard) is basically just a certification... http://www.tbisound.com/hdss.html
Based on the certification points I would guess that the sound of the Nuarl is dead neutral with as little coloring as possible.

These are basically glorified T5's at over 3x the price and also using QCC3026:
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B07K49R8J2

Wondering what do our bretherens in Japan say about 'em?

EDIT: I just saw that it was covered earlier in this thread many pages back...

I saw those but was turned off by the HUGE case. The shells also look just as cheap in person. The selling point here is that it is a Japanese company, and they claim to tune the earphones for Japanese music, so I am guessing a light but fast and detailed bass response and extended female vocals. People in Japan love buying from Japanese companies, but they just didn't look very good to me. Amazon Japan reviews are mixed, some people say it didn't pair with their phone, or they had problems getting it to work right.

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:39 PM Post #4,443 of 62,079
Just got the Mifo O5 standard version. Sound quality is nice not too sharp and bass is ok. Clarity is fine too. But there is a tiny lag like half a milisecond. Not too much of a problem.

Question: How do I check the audio code being used on the TWE? I'm using a Mate 20 Pro

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:44 PM Post #4,444 of 62,079
Just "won" an auction on eBay for $230 for the MW07 in Gray Terrazo. So I'm going to retry them based upon all the raves here.

I just can't in good conscience keep 3-4 different "higher end" TW, though, so that means either they, the MTW or the M2 will be leaving along with the E8.

Jan 22, 2019 at 12:53 PM Post #4,445 of 62,079
Just "won" an auction on eBay for $230 for the MW07 in Gray Terrazo. So I'm going to retry them based upon all the raves here.

I just can't in good conscience keep 3-4 different "higher end" TW, though, so that means either they, the MTW or the M2 will be leaving along with the E8.

I’m selling my E8 as I type this...

Jan 22, 2019 at 1:12 PM Post #4,447 of 62,079
Any word on the Senn MTW firmware updates? I had in my head that they promised 2 different updates for January.
What did they promise to fix or add?

-Ed

Jan 22, 2019 at 1:22 PM Post #4,448 of 62,079
Just got the Mifo O5 standard version. Sound quality is nice not too sharp and bass is ok. Clarity is fine too. But there is a tiny lag like half a milisecond. Not too much of a problem.

Question: How do I check the audio code being used on the TWE? I'm using a Mate 20 Pro

access developer option, you can see the codec currently used there. the mifo by default should be on AAC

Jan 22, 2019 at 5:34 PM Post #4,450 of 62,079
Anyone in Canada with the Sennheiser MTW? I’ve ordered from their online store on Jan 5th and never got a shipping confirmation. Called multiple times, escalated the issue to a supervisor but was never able to get a shipping estimate. From reading reports about their online store I can already tell this will be a pain to cancel. Anyone know a place I could walk in here in
Toronto and get them?

Also I’ve read some worrying reports about the IEMs draining their battery and the case battery while stored. Is that a widespread issue?

Jan 22, 2019 at 5:41 PM Post #4,451 of 62,079
Anyone in Canada with the Sennheiser MTW? I’ve ordered from their online store on Jan 5th and never got a shipping confirmation. Called multiple times, escalated the issue to a supervisor but was never able to get a shipping estimate. From reading reports about their online store I can already tell this will be a pain to cancel. Anyone know a place I could walk in here in
Toronto and get them?

Also I’ve read some worrying reports about the IEMs draining their battery and the case battery while stored. Is that a widespread issue?
Sorry to say I've seen lots of other people reporting the same battery issues I had with both of my sets, now returned.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #4,452 of 62,079
Toronto and get them?

I bought mine from the Sennheiser website and had them within a week, it was fast shipping.
As for the battery. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. Ive never had any issues and I can go days without charging and still ready to go. I charged mine Saturday and I have them in now for about 25 minutes and they are at 91 left and 89 right side.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:10 PM Post #4,453 of 62,079
I bought mine from the Sennheiser website and had them within a week, it was fast shipping.
As for the battery. I'm one of the lucky ones I guess. Ive never had any issues and I can go days without charging and still ready to go. I charged mine Saturday and I have them in now for about 25 minutes and they are at 91 left and 89 right side.

Me too. Don't see the battery issues that others are seeing. That said, everything hasn't been perfect. In my first pair, the left bud had significant hissing. Had to get a replacement.

I must say, does seem like Sennheiser's QC went down with this headphone. It is manufactured in China as opposed to Germany. Maybe that wasn't the best move.

Jan 22, 2019 at 6:20 PM Post #4,454 of 62,079
So the MW07 is uncomfortable for me because my ears are smaller than average. I also realised there is no way to for me to check the battery % due to the lack of an app (Samsung).

Samsung doesn't show you battery % for Bluetooth devices unless they are a samsung "gear" device.

What were they thinking with such a mirrored case? Fingerprints?!? Nobody else has moaned about this?

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2019 at 6:46 PM Post #4,455 of 62,079
So the MW07 is uncomfortable for me because my ears are smaller than average. I also realised there is no way to for me to check the battery % due to the lack of an app (Samsung).

Samsung doesn't show you battery % for Bluetooth devices unless they are a samsung "gear" device.

What were they thinking with such a mirrored case? Fingerprints?!? Nobody else has moaned about this?
Oops, wrong device
So you gonna sell the MW07?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back