Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 18, 2022 at 9:58 AM Post #41,866 of 62,086
That is the Victor model that you have coming right? I think one of the questions floating around was whether the Victor model had any different tuning than the US JVC model.
Ya that was a question that I had as well. Appearantly nobody wants to actually purchase this set. I'm thinking it's priced a bit too high. Maybe jvc wanted to hold onto the prestige of the "wood" series and keep the price up... Who knows, could be wrong. I am interested

Jan 18, 2022 at 10:12 AM Post #41,867 of 62,086
Ya that was a question that I had as well. Appearantly nobody wants to actually purchase this set. I'm thinking it's priced a bit too high. Maybe jvc wanted to hold onto the prestige of the "wood" series and keep the price up... Who knows, could be wrong. I am interested
That is a good thing. They way it works. Hold off and the price drops. It is down $50 already. Should be $250 soon. Why pay $50, $75, or $100 more than you have to. JVC is not Grado so they don't hold price. BTW how much is the Grado TWS selling when still at $259. They really need to upgrade that one to at least go to 5.2 and have adaptive and ambient.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:02 AM Post #41,868 of 62,086
So last night, I noticed that while my UTWS5's were charging in the case, they were randomly trying to connect to my smartphone. Looks like I am not immune to some of the bugs/issues with the UTWS5 but hopefully it can be corrected via firmware soon.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:08 AM Post #41,869 of 62,086
So last night, I noticed that while my UTWS5's were charging in the case, they were randomly trying to connect to my smartphone. Looks like I am not immune to some of the bugs/issues with the UTWS5 but hopefully it can be corrected via firmware soon.
Any word on a FW update? Since October they were saying EQ and Ambient mode will be pushed “soon”. It’s almost February so I’m kind of hesitant to purchase although based on feedback here the controls might be too limited for me anyways but curiousity kicks in every now and then.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:10 AM Post #41,870 of 62,086
Any word on a FW update? Since October they were saying EQ and Ambient mode will be pushed “soon”. It’s almost February so I’m kind of hesitant to purchase although based on feedback here the controls might be too limited for me anyways but curiousity kicks in every now and then.
Nothing yet officially from the FiiO team but I am closely monitoring a few sources to see if and how they're going to address some of these issues.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:27 AM Post #41,871 of 62,086
That is a good thing. They way it works. Hold off and the price drops. It is down $50 already. Should be $250 soon. Why pay $50, $75, or $100 more than you have to. JVC is not Grado so they don't hold price. BTW how much is the Grado TWS selling when still at $259. They really need to upgrade that one to at least go to 5.2 and have adaptive and ambient.
Yes the Grado is still $259.00. You are correct they do need to upgrade. I enjoy the sound on them and so purchased them again just so I could have a tws with very good SQ as I have sold off any of my top tier tws. I honestly do not think that the 259 is justified, however the kid in me justified paying tht price... Lol.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:31 AM Post #41,872 of 62,086
Not another one... Damn. I guess this is a real issue with these. Thankfully I have not had this problem. I am interested to see if they actually get back to you so that people can actually enjoy this amazing adapter. I use them all the time and I am impressed with them. I would maybe try resetting them and cleaning the terminals, I don't know if it'll help but... Fingers crossed, or maybe you've already tried that. At any rate maybe people writing fiio about this will help. I will send them a message today

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:33 AM Post #41,873 of 62,086
Yup, mine do this all the time. Did it just now. Drives me nuts. If I hit play on the other device I'm currently using it keeps playing, but not very cool.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:35 AM Post #41,874 of 62,086
Nothing yet officially from the FiiO team but I am closely monitoring a few sources to see if and how they're going to address some of these issues.
Same here. Nothing since they said "domestic testing" whatever that really means. I don't have any issues with the 3 version outside of BT strength when you're too far from the source.

Jan 18, 2022 at 11:37 AM Post #41,875 of 62,086
Sweet man.... I figured you'd like the Teas... Legends in the price point. Ya I'm enjoying the az09 pro alot... I can't believe kz did such a good job on these man. Once I kick in high gain... Everything just comes alive. I still have to be reasonable what I put in them as far as sensitivity goes but so far I too like them
Seriously impressed so far with the AZ09. Wish I had known about this before the BT30 purchase. Not hat the BT30s aren't okay, they're just not needed now. Can't fit IEMs in the case of the BT30 like the KZs. Also, the KZs do not work with the Moondrop Variations and possibly other Moondrop IEMs due to the recessed input of the buds. The housing tip of the KZs are too big, unless there is another workaround.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2022 at 11:47 AM Post #41,876 of 62,086
Seriously impressed so far with the AZ09. Wish I had known about this before the BT30 purchase. Not hat the BT30s aren't okay, they're just not needed now. Can't fit IEMs in the case of the BT30 like the KZs.
Further to this, the BT30 mics stink from what I'm hearing. KZ mics better. Fiio mics much better.

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:02 PM Post #41,877 of 62,086
Further to this, the BT30 mics stink from what I'm hearing. KZ mics better. Fiio mics much better.
They had you at changing connectors though. The pretty face you then learned was a shallow girl with less substance. :)

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:05 PM Post #41,878 of 62,086
They had you at changing connectors though. The pretty face you then learned was a shallow girl with less substance. :)
I was actually aiming for that BT 5.2, but man, when you have the KZ in your hands, they just do everything better for a fraction of the price. Who knows if the build is worse, but so far the case is smaller, lighter, IEMs fit perfect, no app, but the only company that perfected the app is Shure, so that's no biggie. Considering returning the UTWS3 and getting a second AZ09 Pro, then hanging onto the UTWS5 with the hopes of a firmware update to fix things. Ah, the stupid little things in life... :)

Jan 18, 2022 at 12:11 PM Post #41,879 of 62,086
Seriously impressed so far with the AZ09. Wish I had known about this before the BT30 purchase. Not hat the BT30s aren't okay, they're just not needed now. Can't fit IEMs in the case of the BT30 like the KZs. Also, the KZs do not work with the Moondrop Variations and possibly other Moondrop IEMs due to the recessed input of the buds. The housing tip of the KZs are too big, unless there is another workaround.
Ya I tried with the Arias and they stay on but not well... Which in turn means... They don't work with the AZ09 Pro. I currently have the KZ ZAS on them and man these are perfect for these adapters to me. Good clean and punchy bass with the high gain enabled. The Mids sound good, not recessed and the highs sparkle well enough.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back