Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #39,693 of 42,187

petridish

New Head-Fier
Not sure if the offer finishes in 15 mins (midnight UK time), but in case it still helps, I have tried and returned in ears which I bought from Sennheiser direct about 2 months ago.

They were in perfect condition when returned, but they had no problem with them having been tried.

(After a moment of madness considering the HD800S, thankfully met with an OOS message, I re-purchased the CX plus inears for £65 ($87), because I thought this represented good value.)
I'm a little late in responding but thanks for the reply, that's good to hear about returns after wearing. I ended up picking up MTW2 and the CX Plus just to give me more time to decide. Figured I could keep one sealed to return if needed.

Nov 28, 2021 at 1:07 PM Post #39,696 of 42,187

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Pulled out my Sony Z7 and Pono player with balanced cable and getting a reminder of why I loved the Sony sound. Hard to believe how much sound quality we sacrifice to cut the cables...
Ignorance is bliss. Without the ignorance there is no bliss.

Oh, I see the JBL Tour Pro+ is $99.95 for Cyber Monday. More Harman goodness. :)

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2021 at 2:43 PM Post #39,700 of 42,187

erockg

Headphoneus Supremus
Nov 28, 2021 at 4:40 PM Post #39,703 of 42,187

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
Great deal if you can deal with the bugs.

This is crazy. Complete clone of the other model: https://electronics.woot.com/offers/purada-true-wireless-earbuds-1?ref=w_cnt_lnd_cat_elec_3_53

What the....?! It looks indeed nearly identical.

A lot of brands will use the same casings/housings as it’s pretty cheap to go that route, especially when said casing/housing is made specifically for particular chipsets that exist already. I feel like it can cut down on R&D. I can’t confirm whether or not the drivers are identical though. It’s not uncommon for that to happen though. Note that before Cambridge Audio used that particular housing, I could have sworn I had seen a few TWS using said housing and design. That said, it is 10 bucks, someone who’s heard the CA could purchase them and take a listen.

Nov 28, 2021 at 4:52 PM Post #39,704 of 42,187

erockg

Headphoneus Supremus
A lot of brands will use the same casings/housings as it’s pretty cheap to go that route, especially when said casing/housing is made specifically for particular chipsets that exist already. I feel like it can cut down on R&D. I can’t confirm whether or not the drivers are identical though. It’s not uncommon for that to happen though. Note that before Cambridge Audio used that particular housing, I could have sworn I had seen a few TWS using said housing and design. That said, it is 10 bucks, someone who’s heard the CA could purchase them and take a listen.
Yup. I know. Definitely cuts costs for sure. What I find interesting is that the big brands are able to hold back the clone companies, but it's the indie companies that always suffer. I truly would love to know how the business works in that aspect. NDAs maybe.

Nov 28, 2021 at 5:46 PM Post #39,705 of 42,187

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus

Oh, yeah. Most definitely. The design sharing, OEM game isn't new to me but you mostly see it with Chi-Fi and it's much less common outside of the Asian market.
The somewhat outlier to me always been the Lypertek PurePlay and Noble which was oddly similar.
With this thing being $10 it's a bit of a headscratcher.

Users who are viewing this thread