Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 20, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #38,641 of 42,004

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Many TWS have a honeymoon period earlier and then some bounce back and more criticism comes along later. Though some criticism coming pretty fast with the L3P. :)

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #38,642 of 42,004

tma6

100+ Head-Fier
Exactly... There is something off... Definitely a metallic zzz at the ends of most notes... The BA is not tuned very well I don't think. So far I have yet to be perfectly pleased by these and I'm thinking... So far... They are prob going back. That isn't to say they are horrible by any stretch either, but Soundcore just seems as though they have real issues with their BA's
Here’s my EQ for those interested. I hear the same, highs out of the box sound very metallic. I’m also getting connection issues on windows using multipoint, which makes me feel like this is a bit of a half baked system.

If anyone wants to try my EQ lmk what you think :)

Attachments

• D3190453-8401-4EFC-88E1-B2F23742C028.png
    D3190453-8401-4EFC-88E1-B2F23742C028.png
    551.4 KB · Views: 0
Oct 20, 2021 at 12:24 PM Post #38,643 of 42,004

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
I have also wondered about these. I was hoping they'd go on market on Amazon but so far they have not. Some decent reviews are out there.
I have the BA version. They are as expected. Clinical, accurate, lacking some bass. Sound is very neutral. A nice package for the money. The app is really nice as is the case and their size. The option to adjust the crossover is pretty cool. I don't reach for them much largely because when I'm using TWS, I've concluded I prefer a little more oomph. I have wired headphones for a neutral purpose. I'll give them another run today and provide some thoughts.

Oct 20, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #38,644 of 42,004

Darkestred

1000+ Head-Fier
Is it not a bit ironic that you care about crap battery life but don't wear them enough to even find out if transparency mode would be better? Seems like battery would be a non-issue at that point.

No. I never provided any more info nor was i intending to.

When im buying TWS sound and battery life go hand-in-hand. Which means if i cant replicate ANC or Transparency via EQ then i personally have an issue with the L3P

Since i have limited time in my day as a business owner, who also is getting busier; i have less and less time. while i dont wear them enough to find out. I have not read any documentation on them

...i will use a TWS solution when i find one i can have in my ears to take calls and other things of that nature during the day and provides more than 4 hours of juice.

A bit wordy and extra but i wasnt really expecting anyone to quote me let alone with a comment like this on3.

Hope that clears the irony up.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 1:31 PM Post #38,646 of 42,004

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
I still have a Kenwood home theater receiver, powering my PSB 5.1 setup. Works great!
Love me some Kenwood separates. Give me some Dolby Pro Logic, DSP, about 20 pounds, paired to some Klipsch or Definitive Tech towers and that was all I needed to guaranty my permanent hearing damage.

Oct 20, 2021 at 3:50 PM Post #38,647 of 42,004

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
What's the verdict on the 1More Comfobuds Pro?
They are on sale here in Blue which is the only model that has the pre-set eq. How silly is that? lol

I thought they weren't good but I guess I remembered the original version.
Sound quality is balanced but warm according to a few reviews. Excellent call quality and ANC is surprisingly good. Stem design is ugly but for $60 looks like a solid option.

Oct 20, 2021 at 6:27 PM Post #38,649 of 42,004

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone had any experience with the Monster Inspiration 700 Anc? Amazon has a good deal... Just curious
Generally avoid Monster here as they are now essentially a rebrand I believe. I suppose if the price is low enough but I'd be surprised if you you couldn't do better.

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:10 PM Post #38,650 of 42,004

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
Generally avoid Monster here as they are now essentially a rebrand I believe. I suppose if the price is low enough but I'd be surprised if you you couldn't do better.
Ya I saw they took the shell of the ally tws and monolith... Doesn't necessarily mean it's a complete rebrand. Like Mifo and Hiby.... Lypertek and Noble Audio... Same shell with different design. Maybe similar or the same drivers with slightly altered tuning. Unless of course it's obvious they used the exact same driver and circuitry, tuned the same... Which may be the case. I was just curious, really was hoping I'd see someone say.. "Dude these are amazing!! "... But I guess I'm always hoping for that... Lol

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:43 PM Post #38,651 of 42,004

darveniza

500+ Head-Fier
In the multiple postings here people have been talking about actual comparisons between different TWS , measurements, even people about noise distortions and generally you just can find generic or not really standardised approach

Just using Liberty Pro 3 this site is from Korea and they have measurements, comparisons but very structured and you can find basically most TW on the site: Deviant, B&O, MD,etc

Turn your captions on and you can follow pretty easily

Oct 20, 2021 at 7:51 PM Post #38,652 of 42,004

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Anyone had any experience with the Monster Inspiration 700 Anc? Amazon has a good deal... Just curious
Yes, I had them but returned them because the volume was too low, at least with the iPhone.
The ANC is just OK, Ambient is pretty solid. The sound is nice and warm with good bass but not boomy. Soundstage is fairly wide.
They have no app which is the biggest con.
Ya I saw they took the shell of the ally tws and monolith... Doesn't necessarily mean it's a complete rebrand. Like Mifo and Hiby.... Lypertek and Noble Audio... Same shell with different design. Maybe similar or the same drivers with slightly altered tuning. Unless of course it's obvious they used the exact same driver and circuitry, tuned the same... Which may be the case. I was just curious, really was hoping I'd see someone say.. "Dude these are amazing!! "... But I guess I'm always hoping for that... Lol

you're correct. It's basically not only the same shell as the Ally and Monolith but the same chipset too and if I'm not mistaken same chipset as the Nuratrue.
The chipset is a better chipset than most of the other entry level chipsets that are being implemented in much more expensive TWS.

You could probably do better but you can also do far worse for $70.

If you like uncolored sound with strong mids but nice bass which isn't too dominant my vote goes to the Fiil T1XS and they come with a good app and full eq feature and pre-sets.

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:32 PM Post #38,653 of 42,004

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
Yes, I had them but returned them because the volume was too low, at least with the iPhone.
The ANC is just OK, Ambient is pretty solid. The sound is nice and warm with good bass but not boomy. Soundstage is fairly wide.
They have no app which is the biggest con.

you're correct. It's basically not only the same shell as the Ally and Monolith but the same chipset too and if I'm not mistaken same chipset as the Nuratrue.
The chipset is a better chipset than most of the other entry level chipsets that are being implemented in much more expensive TWS.

You could probably do better but you can also do far worse for $70.

If you like uncolored sound with strong mids but nice bass which isn't too dominant my vote goes to the Fiil T1XS and they come with a good app and full eq feature and pre-sets.
Thank you bro... I can already tell you... If the volume is lacking... I won't like it, give me headroom to play with the volume. I have gone back and forth on getting the t1xs for more than a year and I've seen every review so I'm glad you said that. I have so many pairs of tws man.. Lol. I would prob purchase them simply out of curiosity. Amazon had them (maybe still do) for under 40 which, with all you stated seems pretty damn good. Honestly Tommy I'm just like everyone else here, searching for that sound in thee most portable form... Tws sucked me in man. I seem to go to them more than wired iems anymore, which is something I would have never done in the past. Anyways, I appreciate your response

Oct 20, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #38,654 of 42,004

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Thank you bro... I can already tell you... If the volume is lacking... I won't like it, give me headroom to play with the volume. I have gone back and forth on getting the t1xs for more than a year and I've seen every review so I'm glad you said that. I have so many pairs of tws man.. Lol. I would prob purchase them simply out of curiosity. Amazon had them (maybe still do) for under 40 which, with all you stated seems pretty damn good. Honestly Tommy I'm just like everyone else here, searching for that sound in thee most portable form... Tws sucked me in man. I seem to go to them more than wired iems anymore, which is something I would have never done in the past. Anyways, I appreciate your response

No problem, man. Got the T1XS for $27 and couldn’t be happier. I usually pick them up when leaving the house before the Sennheiser CX 400BT which are also very nice sound wise.
But the T1XS have a solid ambient mode which I can’t tell for half of the TWS that I have had.

I have the 1More Comfobuds Pro coming in next week so can let you know how I feel about them when I get them.
Was thinking of the L3P but I don’t think I’ll like them based what I read about their sort of artificial sound and quality of tuning.
For long listening sessions I prefer mellow sound with good imagining and a little tamed highs which is the complete opposite of the L3P and while I liked the L2P+ quite a bit I’m not missing them.

Last edited:
Oct 20, 2021 at 9:36 PM Post #38,655 of 42,004

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
No problem, man. Got the T1XS for $27 and couldn’t be happier. I usually pick them up for when leaving the house before the Sennheiser CX 400BT which are also very nice sound wise.
But the T1XS has a solid ambient mode which which I can’t tell the same for half of the TWS that I have had.

I have the 1More Comfobuds Pro coming in next week so can let you know how I feel about them when I get them.
Was thinking of the L3P but I don’t think I’ll like them based what I read about their sort of artificial sound and quality of tuning.
For long listening sessions I prefer mellow sound with good imagining and a little tamed highs which is the complete opposite of the L3P and while I liked the L2P+ quite a bit I’m not missing them.
LP3 is not in your wheel house then. I keep trying to force myself to see the plusses in them but... I'm not kidding you... The artificial never stops, I have tried everything, even micropore tape over the nozzle, avery tip change I can come up with.. And I have an endless supply of them, eq'd these to death, burned them in, lol... Unless by some miracle in the next week Soundcore comes out with an update to tame them, (which I really don't think they can change something like that) than they are going back. Looking at the sennheiser cx plus now, Mw08, Nuratrue, and maybe the Nuarl N6 pro 2. I would say Devialet but I've seen too many people here complain of connection issues. Anywhoo... Thanks for the rec of the T1XS ...prob going to bite on them. I was hoping the t1 pro was going to come stateside but doubt that's ever going to happen so... T1XS it is. Oh and I am looking forward to what you think about the Comfobuds pro.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread