Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Oct 16, 2021 at 6:37 AM Post #38,521 of 42,092

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
How long have you had it? Did you use the ANC or off normally? Did you use the HearID thing or custom EQ?
So I've had anc both on and off. No I haven't tried the hear I'd on this set, I'm not holding my breath on these sounding any better. They don't sound bad, but, I would take the $40 Edifier Tws1 Pro over these in the SQ department. Everything else works great and they are stylish as hell. Look tough. Just thin... Mids both lower and upper... Thin. The highs are so splashy, tizzy, artificial sounding. Just like the L2P+... Just not a full and coherent implementation of a hybrid setup. I burned them in but only for about 4 hrs and to my ears nothing changed. Now, you can eq these to something approaching respectable but dude... I have many many sets of tws that imo blow these out of the water. Sucks. I purchased from Amazon so I have time to sit on these and hope by some miracle the sound changes. Maybe brain burn will kick in and I will report back that these sound amazing... Lol... This is all subjective though, but even saying that I don't know how many of you enjoy thin and tizzy. Crossing my fingers.... One other note, I will try hear id and maybe that will help out and I truly hope so however thin is something difficult to correct. I've done all my tricks, with tip changes, and manipulating the custom eq, trying the presets and I just feel like these are... At least for now... A step backwards for the tws world (strictly SQ speaking). I listen alot with my qudelix, or btr5, fiio dap, dongles and like you guys I want that wired full sound in a tws and I have been on a year long search in tws for that. The closest I have seen... IMO... Is the Lypertek Z7. For comparison sake... It's laughable to even compare LP3 to those as far as SQ goes. However every other feature, like the Sony Wf1000xm4 (returned) they have an awesome feature set which really makes it hard to put them back in the box and return them. Anyways sorry for writing a book.. Lol

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 7:47 AM Post #38,522 of 42,092

webvan

500+ Head-Fier
Got the L3Ps yesterday and I didn't have very high hopes but I am quite impressed. I did the HearID test twice as I found my ears are a bit different especially in the very high frequencies...I was worried it was going to make them trebbly as reported here but it wasn't too bad and it got even better when you "mix" your HearID with the presets, not something that was available on the L2Ps. So now I have HearID+Soundcore Signature and the SQ is "thrilling" ! Wide, deep, detailed, what's not too like. The L2Ps sound "thin" in comparison, the Echodubs "narrow" and "dull".

The isolation is pretty good, the passive isolation is not as good as on the Echobuds, probably the best in class but the ANC is better so in the end it's close.

I had to go L and L on the tips/fins for the best seal/fit and I'll say that I'm not a big fan of the look as they stick out a lot. Like the L2Ps and the XM3s but unlike the XM3s they fall out as soon as I move my head (unless I stuffed them in deep with some foam tips). That both doesn't look great and it catches wind unlike earbuds that are flush with the ear (SiFi II, Echobuds, etc...). About wind noise, the "wind reduction" setting is absolutely useless as I found by sticking my head in the powerful fan I use for my home trainer. What are they thinking putting stuff that does not work at all ?!

Another fail is the "transparency" mode, it's really super "weak sauce" and I'm not comfortable having a conversation in that mode. Hopefully that can be fixed with a firmware upgrade.

Oct 16, 2021 at 8:17 AM Post #38,524 of 42,092

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
I somehow tweaked the treble and the irritating aspect seems to have gone away. I also have the Amazon return window, but going to give the L3Ps a chance to grow on me. It does make you wonder why the poor tuning OOB.
I'm going to do the same... I'm going to keep tweaking... I really like the build quality, & the other features. I have tried and tried to add more depth to the sound though and I am not losing the thinness. I have corrected the treble by bringing down the highs drastically and adding dbs to the mids. Still there is almost a lack of driving power in note weight... It's odd. The bass is pretty good, on the tighter side and can give a good rumble, slightly rounded and weighty response... But man, I love my mids and the more I tweak them it seems to make it more artificial. I don't want to push anyone away from buying these and everyone is different but I honestly cannot understand the tuning here... They've been doing the tws thing as long as anyone and this.... This is what their flagship sounds like.... Wth. Apparently they needed more Grammy awrd winning producers... Lol. Let's put it this way... I listened to these and then I thought, OK I'll a/b these with say.... Soundpeats h1. So I listen to these and get to a point where they are good and then I go to the H1 and I'm like.... These don't hold a damn candle to H1... Both hybrid. I check the Camb MT's... Not even close. I a/b with the Camb 1+....dude cambridge wipes the floor with them... Which I should expect so that's not too crazy. But I also go as low as the Z3's and truly the Z3's at least at this point are just much better tuned and even more capable... I tried them against my galaxy pro plus and galaxy is just more mature throughout the spectrum. Anyways I'm sorry for harping on these because it may just be my preferences and I don't want to just crap on them when many of you may really enjoy them, I don't want to do that..I also should state that they don't sound bad... Not saying that... You can get these to respectable and even to a point where you can look past certain things with the feature set and all that comes with them, I'm almost there and hopefully with hear Id and maybe try a few more tips and some burn-in & brain burn these will shape up... Just want a solution to a set I paid 160 bucks for and should exceed my expectations. Oh well... At least I bought them thru Amazon

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 8:42 AM Post #38,525 of 42,092

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Thanks for the impressions. I'm on the fence here. Seems like maybe they lack cohesion when it comes to sq.
If you have had hybrids even in wired and that sort of thing is something you can hear and it bothers you I don't think they will be one where you can't tell the difference between the drivers. Don't even have to have them to tell you that. That would be some trick at that price. Trying to get more extension and the clarity and detail up higher with the armature but I doubt it will be up to real listening scrutiny on the cohesion. Rather most won't hear it being portable on the go sort of thing. Analyzing and quiet room comparing I'm sure the mids transition and some subtle differences in the note weight and definition will never let you forget they are a hybrid. A little TWS adjustment of expectations are probably in order since that is an issue in many $150 wired hybrids.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 8:47 AM Post #38,526 of 42,092

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
Okay... I am slightly retracting my last post about 15 min ago... I just put them in and tried hear id. I should have started with hear id. It actually did correct a few issues. I also let them burn in last night, it seemed to help alot. What a crazy turn around. The thin note weight is actually much better and clarity is better. I just received a lesson in patience and using the tech they give you... Lol. I went from returning them to 20 min later thinking... Heh these are sounding pretty good.

Oct 16, 2021 at 9:12 AM Post #38,527 of 42,092

nijfi

Head-Fier
Okay... I am slightly retracting my last post about 15 min ago... I just put them in and tried hear id. I should have started with hear id. It actually did correct a few issues. I also let them burn in last night, it seemed to help alot. What a crazy turn around. The thin note weight is actually much better and clarity is better. I just received a lesson in patience and using the tech they give you... Lol. I went from returning them to 20 min later thinking... Heh these are sounding pretty good.
Amazing! Good to hear. Much rather be reading reviews like yours than the endless YouTube hype videos or paid promotion reviews. Thanks for the feedback.

Mine are on their way. It's going to me my first experience of wireless listening, so I'm very curious about what I'm going to get.

I'm going to take the advice offered a bit further back in the thread, about using HearID and then giving that plenty of time to work first before wandering straight off into EQing. A good explanation there as to why the initial HearID sound might have most of us wincing at first at the harsh sounding trebles.

Oct 16, 2021 at 9:39 AM Post #38,528 of 42,092

webvan

500+ Head-Fier
And like I wrote, HearID can be "mixed" with the presets, so it can be fine tuned easily. That was not available on the L2Ps.

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:07 AM Post #38,529 of 42,092

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
And like I wrote, HearID can be "mixed" with the presets, so it can be fine tuned easily. That was not available on the L2Ps.
Ya... I wish I would've done that first. It does help. I will still say that it at least to me is not exactly a SQ masterclass set... Kind of like youtube reviews have pushed it... (I hate hype videos)... It is still behind "for me" the MT, M1+, GBP, H1, Z7... But.... With all the features and pretty good sound it is very respectable, I completely changed my tune and thankfully it was after reading your post so I am grateful man. It still has slight coherence issues but I'm hoping those get corrected thru updates and some of the features aren't perfect but for the price it is very hard to beat.

Oct 16, 2021 at 10:34 AM Post #38,530 of 42,092

Tommy C

Headphoneus Supremus
Reading here about the mids of the Liberty 3 Pro and I believe I saw somewhere where they said the balance armature is covering the mids and the highs and the dynamic driver covering the lows which I think is different than the hybrid IEMs that I have where the BA driver is covering mids and highs and the dynamic driver is responsible for the lows.
I might be completely wrong here but if that’s the case that explains the “thin” highs and “lack of weight” complaints.

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 10:47 AM Post #38,531 of 42,092

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
Reading here about the mids of the Liberty 3 Pro and I believe I saw somewhere where they said the balance armature is covering the mids and the highs and the dynamic driver covering the lows which I think is different than the hybrid IEMs that I have where the dynamic driver is covering mids and highs and the dynamic driver is responsible for the lows.
I might be complexly wrong here but if that’s the case that explains the “thin” highs and “lack of weight” complaints.
You are exactly right. The Dynamic most of the time covers the lows and BA covers mids/highs. Many sets have been tuned in a way that they have very nice cohesion between them. If you listen to any chi-fi iems for instance you will notice sets that do it right and sets that are just throwing drivers in and putting them to market, aka... They sound like crap. But, then you look at a set like the H1 which implemented both drivers almost perfectly for a budget tws. I think my biggest let down with L3P was the fact that I just did not hear that upon first listen and maybe judged too quickly. Of course there still is a slight weakness to certain areas of the spectrum but it is Def not bad, esp after Hear- id and EQ -ing after.

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:03 AM Post #38,532 of 42,092

dweaver

Headphoneus Supremus
Hearing all the angst about the L3P reminds me of my first big expensive buys. I bought the Sennheiser IE8 and they sounded like garbage OOB it took in excess of 100hrs of burn in before they opened up and sounded good.

I would only listen for a few minutes every day after playing music non stop for 24 hours. After 4 solid days of this crazy process and them sounding god awful each day I was ready to give the damn things away. The suddenly I put them on and played the exact same track and wham they sounded open and wonderful.

Being a typical headphone junky the siren call of something new eventually made me sell them and try something different but I never forgot that lesson on patience :) .

Last edited:
Oct 16, 2021 at 11:09 AM Post #38,533 of 42,092

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
Hearing all the angst about the L3P reminds me of my first big expensive buys. I bought the Sennheiser IE8 and they sounded like garbage OOB it took in excess of 100hrs of burn in before they opened up and sounded good.

I would only listen for a few minutes every day after playing music non stop for 24 hours. After 4 solid days of this crazy process and them sounding god awful each day I was ready to give the damn things away. The suddenly I put them on and played the exact same track and wham they sounded open and wonderful.

Being a typical headphone junky the siren call of something new eventually made me sell them and try something different but I never forgot that lesson on patience :) .
Ya know.... With iems I burn in... No matter what... At least 100 hrs... So why (to me) is it any different with tws? You are absolutely right.

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:14 AM Post #38,534 of 42,092

xSDMx

100+ Head-Fier
You are exactly right. The Dynamic most of the time covers the lows and BA covers mids/highs. Many sets have been tuned in a way that they have very nice cohesion between them. If you listen to any chi-fi iems for instance you will notice sets that do it right and sets that are just throwing drivers in and putting them to market, aka... They sound like crap. But, then you look at a set like the H1 which implemented both drivers almost perfectly for a budget tws. I think my biggest let down with L3P was the fact that I just did not hear that upon first listen and maybe judged too quickly. Of course there still is a slight weakness to certain areas of the spectrum but it is Def not bad, esp after Hear- id and EQ -ing after.

Totally agree w.r.t. implementation on the Soundpeats H1. I am continually impressed with how great they sound esp. given the price. I just wish the QC was a little better and I wish they had an ambient mode instead of the low latency/gaming mode.

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:26 AM Post #38,535 of 42,092

Ceeluh7

100+ Head-Fier
Totally agree w.r.t. implementation on the Soundpeats H1. I am continually impressed with how great they sound esp. given the price. I just wish the QC was a little better and I wish they had an ambient mode instead of the low latency/gaming mode.
Exactly. The H1 are very well tuned and imo stack up sonically against most of the big boys and in some cases exceeds them. They have no bells and whistles... At all. Other than wireless charging and touch controls but what they lack in features they make up for in audio quality and for 75 bucks that's saying alot in this hobby. They look great, good passive noise isolation, and good audio throughout the entire spectrum. Of course I can find faults with anything sonically and the H1 have slight issues but... I love music and those things can play music really well

Users who are viewing this thread