Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 20, 2021 at 12:26 PM Post #37,681 of 39,987

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
I know Mifo07 BA version is a single BA that sounds good and not bass heavy. But at higher volume, the driver do distort on certain low to mid low frequency. But it is quite old now and doesn't have any new features whatsoever. Just a good battery life, decent call quality and connection.
Well, those are over $100 and "good' is not really good and as you mentioned the distortion. Is that the one where the dynamic version of it was more favored? I did say forgettable and those actually seem to fit the bill as one we have forgotten. Still don't think we have had a real good under $100 BA equipped model:)

Cheaper armatures have problem extending on both ends, distortion and or peakiness at higher volumes. Even if tuned well they kinda fade at the high and low ends still and are never really good. There are good single armatures and armature based earphone. My avatar is one but it is a $200 earphone. Not sure how they can put a good armature and tune it well and do all the other stuff and come in for the $99. Not a surprise we haven't seen a really good one. Though this came off more that we have no tiny inexpensive earphones being really good and not so much about armatures. I would like one of those with a good driver(of any type) and SQ.

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 1:11 PM Post #37,682 of 39,987

darveniza

500+ Head-Fier
Are the Galaxy Buds2 a good upgrade to the original Buds+ or should I wait for something else? Currently 169$ CAD with a free wireless charger.

Currently my daily drivers are Galaxy Buds+ and the Soundpeats T2 (for commuting) which are largely opposites in terms of tuning. I prefer the detailed sound of the Buds+ except that there could be more presence in the bass and lower mids. The T2's ANC is great at removing mid and low frequencies though less for high frequencies - is the Buds2 ANC ahead or behind the T2?
They are very good. I think much better than the Live and Bud +

Sep 20, 2021 at 1:24 PM Post #37,683 of 39,987

Juturna

100+ Head-Fier
I just got a new pair of Sennheiser MTW2's as an under-warranty replacement... and I'm really thinking about whether I should sell them (they're completely new, unbroken seal on the plastic around the box etc) and just get the Geminis, Klipsch T5 II ANC, the B&O EQ's, or just open them and use them (I did enjoy my first pair except for the fact that.... it broke) and maybe buy the Nuratrues?

What do y'all think?

Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 2:32 PM Post #37,684 of 39,987

ricthaman

500+ Head-Fier
So my set of Gemini’s arrived. My brief first impressions are overwhelmingly positive, apart from one thing. For reference; I’ve had first hand experience with B&O EQ, XM4, B&O E8 2.0, Grado GT220, Hifiman TWS800, B&W PI7, Airpods Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW, Bose Soundsport free, Galaxy Buds and Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch.

So far, SQ is very impressive. When the music calls for it, it’s really like having a small sub in there but only in a good way. Very nicely executed. And the soundstage is very nice, they sound way bigger than they let you believe (although 10mm is rather large for a tws). ‘High excursion driver‘ sounds very credible, so to speak. The ANC is surprisingly effective; I wasn’t expecting that at all as I found the ANC of the EQ rather disappointing and even the XM4 ANC felt a bit underwhelming to me (But this is from memory now).

One thing I am struggling with a bit is comfort. They‘re executed very comfortable, I can notice there’s no pressure weirdness going on in my head while wearing them even when I’m eating or drinking. That, to me, is quite impressive as all IEM’s do this with me. However, they lean a bit too much against my ear resulting in some sore spotting (but that’s probably just my ears) so I am still experimenting with a nice way of inserting them.

lastly; technically they work like a charm. Connection has been stellar so far, and the app (iOS) works perfectly, and they pop-up as a single device in my BT settings. That’s more than the CA MT can say.

cheers!

Sep 20, 2021 at 3:29 PM Post #37,685 of 39,987

BigZ12

500+ Head-Fier
I'm quite impressed with Apple Music and Airpods Pro on iOS15 with Spatial Audio.
Wider soundstage, better separation, deeper and punchier? bass, mids/vocals more from in front (almost like they are standing in front of you singing).
Used this settings: (see pics)

Edit: The Spatial Audio head tracking is important to turn off with music. (it's under Accessibility - Airpods)

Attachments

• IMG_0021.PNG
    IMG_0021.PNG
    291 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0020.PNG
    IMG_0020.PNG
    815.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0019.PNG
    IMG_0019.PNG
    4.5 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Sep 20, 2021 at 4:05 PM Post #37,688 of 39,987

scubaphish

100+ Head-Fier
I'm quite impressed with Apple Music and Airpods Pro on iOS15 with Spatial Audio.
Wider soundstage, better separation, deeper and punchier? bass, mids/vocals more from in front (almost like they are standing in front of you singing).
Used this settings: (see pics)

Edit: The Spatial Audio head tracking is important to turn off with music. (it's under Accessibility - Airpods)
I’ve been looking for that head tracking setting…thanks a lot

Sep 20, 2021 at 6:41 PM Post #37,690 of 39,987

soullinker20

1000+ Head-Fier
So my set of Gemini’s arrived. My brief first impressions are overwhelmingly positive, apart from one thing. For reference; I’ve had first hand experience with B&O EQ, XM4, B&O E8 2.0, Grado GT220, Hifiman TWS800, B&W PI7, Airpods Pro, Audio-Technica ATH-CKS5TW, Bose Soundsport free, Galaxy Buds and Cambridge Audio Melomania Touch.

So far, SQ is very impressive. When the music calls for it, it’s really like having a small sub in there but only in a good way. Very nicely executed. And the soundstage is very nice, they sound way bigger than they let you believe (although 10mm is rather large for a tws). ‘High excursion driver‘ sounds very credible, so to speak. The ANC is surprisingly effective; I wasn’t expecting that at all as I found the ANC of the EQ rather disappointing and even the XM4 ANC felt a bit underwhelming to me (But this is from memory now).

One thing I am struggling with a bit is comfort. They‘re executed very comfortable, I can notice there’s no pressure weirdness going on in my head while wearing them even when I’m eating or drinking. That, to me, is quite impressive as all IEM’s do this with me. However, they lean a bit too much against my ear resulting in some sore spotting (but that’s probably just my ears) so I am still experimenting with a nice way of inserting them.

lastly; technically they work like a charm. Connection has been stellar so far, and the app (iOS) works perfectly, and they pop-up as a single device in my BT settings. That’s more than the CA MT can say.

cheers!

it's one of the reasons I couldn't let go my geminis. For me they really hit the spot aesthetically - not too big and don't protrude that much. has a very good open sound. ANC is impressive too. Compared to xm4, they're both equal in cancelling out low freqs. for me but the xm4 cancels out just a bit more on the mid to high freqs. I do prefer its sound over xm4. I just like the longevity of the xm4 (given its size). I feel like after the April update of the geminis, it uses more battery. I watched snyder's JL but wasn't able to finish it on the geminis.

I'm lucky i do not have any comfort/fit issues with both. I just use the large tips and i'm set and done.

Sep 20, 2021 at 7:12 PM Post #37,691 of 39,987

nekonhime

100+ Head-Fier
I just received the Klipsch T5 II anc today and I was quite impress as I prefer the sound profile over the xm4, mw 08 and nuratrue. The sound of the T5 II is more clear, more focus on mid and high overall and not bass monster like the nuratrue. The anc is quite weak but better than the nuratrue and on par with the mw08.

Attachments

• P_20210920_160937.jpg
    P_20210920_160937.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Sep 20, 2021 at 7:19 PM Post #37,692 of 39,987

AudioBomb

500+ Head-Fier
I just received the Klipsch T5 II anc today and I was quite impress as I prefer the sound profile over the xm4, mw 08 and nuratrue. The sound of the T5 II is more clear, more focus on mid and high overall and not bass monster like the nuratrue. The anc is quite weak but better than the nuratrue and on par with the mw08.
That's interesting. Do you feel highs are airier, with better definition than Nura Trues? What about instrument separation?

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread