Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Sep 16, 2021 at 12:39 PM Post #37,562 of 45,675

erockg

Headphoneus Supremus
Wait until you use the Head shaking features in public a few times. People give you some great looks :D
If they add the Bragi 4D head gestures that would so great. I used to use them in the office and people would be like, "What are you doing -- ?" Changing tracks, duh.

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:16 PM Post #37,564 of 45,675

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
I live in the Midwest US and no one wears a mask now. In fact very few people did even at the height of COVID. I did and still do but based on my limited understanding, wearing a mask protects others more than myself.
I'm in the Chicagoland area and it was very prevalent during the mask mandates. Now with the relaxed setups we have here (despite having a mandate) the masking is about split, but with the majority with masks on again. You are right though that most masks protect others from the wearer rather than the wearer from others.
Depend on what kind of mask, it can protect yourself and others like the N95 or military gas mask lol. The only downside is they are hard to breath in.
Does a military gas mask let air out like a ventilated one would? I never really had much trouble breathing with a KN95 mask, in a lot of cases I prefer the shape of those since they keep a pretty large bubble of air in front of you that is relatively easy to breath though vs a thick cloth mask that sits against the mouth.

Sep 16, 2021 at 3:21 PM Post #37,565 of 45,675

nekonhime

100+ Head-Fier
I'm in the Chicagoland area and it was very prevalent during the mask mandates. Now with the relaxed setups we have here (despite having a mandate) the masking is about split, but with the majority with masks on again. You are right though that most masks protect others from the wearer rather than the wearer from others.

Does a military gas mask let air out like a ventilated one would? I never really had much trouble breathing with a KN95 mask, in a lot of cases I prefer the shape of those since they keep a pretty large bubble of air in front of you that is relatively easy to breath though vs a thick cloth mask that sits against the mouth.
KN95 mask is useless against bacterias and gas that why it is much easier to breath in. N95 mask and military gas mask have their own air filter and holes that only allow air from the inside past.

Sep 16, 2021 at 4:01 PM Post #37,566 of 45,675

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Worth a try as a back up knockaround model for $11.24 before the tax??
https://www.amazon.com/Detection-He...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
1631822355923.png

Not bad with quick charge, 5.1, QCC3026 with aptX and in ear detection and ipx8 for that price. On paper anyway. :)

Last edited:
Sep 16, 2021 at 4:13 PM Post #37,567 of 45,675

xirxes

100+ Head-Fier
So this thread is mega-bloated I’m not even going to try to parse it for what I need, forgive me if it was on page 1,135 but:

Which are the front runners for best fidelity Bluetooth wireless IEM?

I have been very happy with my M&D MW07 plus for the last 2 years or so, but I would love to see if there are many better but also DURABLE and highly water resistant/proof? These are used while I am out in the elements, working, sweating, and need to have a good in ear hold as well (all reasons why cables are a no go).

TIA for recommendations.

Sep 16, 2021 at 5:04 PM Post #37,568 of 45,675

NCUS

100+ Head-Fier
KN95 mask is useless against bacterias and gas that why it is much easier to breath in. N95 mask and military gas mask have their own air filter and holes that only allow air from the inside past.
Functionally, a KN95 is supposed to have the same filtration as a N95. The issue with KN95 masks is that they are made in China and many are fake. I've heard some have tested with terrible performance, like 1% filtration. If you can't get a N95, a close approximation would be a KF94 which usually is made in Korea and usually made to much better tolerances than a KN95. KF94 is functionally equivalent to the European FFP2 standard, which in turn is supposed to be equivalent to a US N95 despite having 94% filtration vs 95% filtration to tiny particles.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:15 PM Post #37,570 of 45,675

tinyman392

Granted they are different standards, the KN95 standard is still tested against 1 micron and 95% filtration similar to an N95. They actually work extremely well against bacteria if you get a legitimate one. There are fakes of KN95s running around right now.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:17 PM Post #37,571 of 45,675

tinyman392

So this thread is mega-bloated I’m not even going to try to parse it for what I need, forgive me if it was on page 1,135 but:

Which are the front runners for best fidelity Bluetooth wireless IEM?

I have been very happy with my M&D MW07 plus for the last 2 years or so, but I would love to see if there are many better but also DURABLE and highly water resistant/proof? These are used while I am out in the elements, working, sweating, and need to have a good in ear hold as well (all reasons why cables are a no go).

TIA for recommendations.
This thread is everyone testing out the newest TWS. The Sony, B&W, B&O are the new kids on the block right now getting a lot of attention. Though if you want fidelity you could always get a TWS adapter and a good pair of IEMs, they’ll blow just about any TWS offered right now out of the water. Otherwise, look for some similarly-priced TWS that don’t offer ANC and other features as they have more R&D room to focus on sound quality.

Sep 16, 2021 at 6:34 PM Post #37,572 of 45,675

xirxes

100+ Head-Fier
This thread is everyone testing out the newest TWS. The Sony, B&W, B&O are the new kids on the block right now getting a lot of attention. Though if you want fidelity you could always get a TWS adapter and a good pair of IEMs, they’ll blow just about any TWS offered right now out of the water. Otherwise, look for some similarly-priced TWS that don’t offer ANC and other features as they have more R&D room to focus on sound quality.
Please define “TWS”

is there an adapter king?

also is there such a thing as truly high quality sound with phone type buttons, or is it a clear delineation between two camps?

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:14 PM Post #37,573 of 45,675

tinyman392

Please define “TWS”

is there an adapter king?

also is there such a thing as truly high quality sound with phone type buttons, or is it a clear delineation between two camps?
TWS stands for true wireless stereo. The adapter allows you to use an already good IEM over BT which is why it reigns king right now in terms of audio quality. The cases for theses adapters tend to be a bit more bulky though, as does the design of the adapters. Not sure what the last question is asking.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:48 PM Post #37,574 of 45,675

xirxes

100+ Head-Fier
TWS stands for true wireless stereo. The adapter allows you to use an already good IEM over BT which is why it reigns king right now in terms of audio quality. The cases for theses adapters tend to be a bit more bulky though, as does the design of the adapters. Not sure what the last question is asking.
I use the “answer call”, start/stop music, volume up/down functions on my headsets quite often daily.

is there a set of earbuds/iems that retains these BT functions, but actually compares with fidelity of listening only indented BT adapted IEM’s or is it Pony vs Racehorse in sound quality between the two.

Sep 16, 2021 at 7:57 PM Post #37,575 of 45,675

scubaphish

100+ Head-Fier
If I may, I’d throw my 2 cents behind my current favorite, the Devialet Gemini.

Most of the wireless buds have the start/pause, rewind, fast forward commands. Volume up and down is less standard but on some.

Users who are viewing this thread