Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 26, 2021 at 9:42 AM Post #36,632 of 39,654

BigZ12

500+ Head-Fier
So to be clear, you’re currently running “bit-less”? Based on the pics, I can’t say I’m too surprised by added detail and clarity.
Those metal screens seem very interesting and makes me think kinds like your “plasticky” bits are more common than I would have thought.
Yes, right now there's no dust cover mounted. Sound is better without, no doubt about it. (again, in my ears :) )

Aug 26, 2021 at 10:06 AM Post #36,633 of 39,654

Juturna

100+ Head-Fier
I think I finally found a set of eartips that make me enjoy the Sony XM4's.
One of the main things that I noticed was that when I've had the Sennheiser i've always been really eager to pick up my earbuds to listen to music just because it sounds so good, but now when they're away for repairs/exchange I haven't been feeling it because as soon as I plug the XM4's into my ears I just get kinda bummed out over how they sound.
I think it's weird because it doesn't seem like many would agree with my assessment but with not only the stock eartips but
MOST eartips it sounds like somebody put a wool blanket over the mids and to me it's really bloating the bass. The sound signature is just not very enjoyable to me.

Now with these eartips (the stock eartips from the Earfun Free Pro) they sound a lot more open and balanced, but they lack the nice sub bass rumble that the Sennheiser has, and it's overall less sparkly, but it's at least clear and balanced, but it still has a bit of that in the upper mids even now but it's way more manageable.

I'm still not sure, I have a buyer that I can sell them to, I just don't know now when my Sennys will be gone for a couple of weeks at least...

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:50 AM Post #36,634 of 39,654

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
I haven’t needed to use them, but usually they slip on and have a lip that locks them on. I didn’t have any issues. Or, you could draw a pentagram on your living room floor and make a blood sacrifice. Either way works.

Regarding the MW08S, I’m on an iPhone most days so I can’t even try wavelet. The MW series is notorious for muddy at times. That said, I’m having good luck with the foam tips on the MW08S. Listening to this right now and loving it:
The pentagram tricked worked. Unfortunately they are a no go with the case so that’s likely a deal breaker. I do prefer the sq to the mw08. Less warm, less bloat and lot more detail and much better soundstage. Wish I could combine the two. The mw08 have a really nice fit. Simple no tricks but largely stable.

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:56 AM Post #36,635 of 39,654

erockg

500+ Head-Fier
The pentagram tricked worked. Unfortunately they are a no go with the case so that’s likely a deal breaker. I do prefer the sq to the mw08. Less warm, less bloat and lot more detail and much better soundstage. Wish I could combine the two. The mw08 have a really nice fit. Simple no tricks but largely stable.
Yeah, you have to take them off with the case, unless you have the waterproof case from the Sport version. Sorry I didn't mention that. I agree, I too like the T5 II ANC better. I just got a response regarding the beeping issue I'm having with the MW08S.

"Thanks for reaching out, and for choosing Master & Dynamic. I am sorry to hear you are having issues, but I hope the below will help. The "beeping" people are hearing on the other end should be resolved with the latest firmware version - 4.4.4."

Of course they ran me through the typical process of resetting, blah blah, all the stuff I've already done. Nice they acknowledged there was an issue, sadly, I'm having that issue. Trying to get a replacement now...

Aug 26, 2021 at 11:57 AM Post #36,636 of 39,654

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Yeah, you have to take them off with the case, unless you have the waterproof case from the Sport version. Sorry I didn't mention that. I agree, I too like the T5 II ANC better. I just got a response regarding the beeping issue I'm having with the MW08S.

"Thanks for reaching out, and for choosing Master & Dynamic. I am sorry to hear you are having issues, but I hope the below will help. The "beeping" people are hearing on the other end should be resolved with the latest firmware version - 4.4.4."

Of course they ran me through the typical process of resetting, blah blah, all the stuff I've already done. Nice they acknowledged there was an issue, sadly, I'm having that issue. Trying to get a replacement now...
Can you ask them to fix the “bloated muddy mess” problem I am having?

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:00 PM Post #36,637 of 39,654

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus

They should have shipped these with wings and the sport case for 250. I’m sure the “sport version” is forthcoming but come on.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:20 PM Post #36,639 of 39,654

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Yes, I told them and linked them to your Head-Fi account. Get ready.

I've had every incarnation of the MWs. Something inevitably makes them leave my collection. Hopefully, not this time.
Ha ha. I shared this feedback with them when they originally released. In defense of the MW08, I think it's more of a preference thing. They can sound very rich and warm and full, and going back to back with the Klipsch is a pretty stark contrast making the T5 sound thin in comparison. I can see why people like the sound. I have owned just about every MW as well and comparing the MW08 to the MW07 confirms something has changed in the special sauce. Almost too much of a good thing. At moderate volumes, wavelet improves things and takes the edge off the low end. I need to ask myself if I would ever reach for them over the pi7, Gemini or even the MT which I am very fond of. They sure are pretty though.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:34 PM Post #36,640 of 39,654

erockg

500+ Head-Fier
Ha ha. I shared this feedback with them when they originally released. In defense of the MW08, I think it's more of a preference thing. They can sound very rich and warm and full, and going back to back with the Klipsch is a pretty stark contrast making the T5 sound thin in comparison. I can see why people like the sound. I have owned just about every MW as well and comparing the MW08 to the MW07 confirms something has changed in the special sauce. Almost too much of a good thing. At moderate volumes, wavelet improves things and takes the edge off the low end. I need to ask myself if I would ever reach for them over the pi7, Gemini or even the MT which I am very fond of. They sure are pretty though.
I wanted the PI7s to be so much better than they are. Every one I had, had bugs. Could be the metal plate in my head. Kidding. M&D approved the RMA for a new pair. I'll give it a go.

I'd def pick the Gemini's up first, but then I'm really enjoying those new B&O EQs. Popped some Spinfit tips on them and they do sound better than the M&D. Crazy is as crazy does. Ugh.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:36 PM Post #36,641 of 39,654

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
I wanted the PI7s to be so much better than they are. Every one I had, had bugs. Could be the metal plate in my head. Kidding. M&D approved the RMA for a new pair. I'll give it a go.

I'd def pick the Gemini's up first, but then I'm really enjoying those new B&O EQs. Popped some Spinfit tips on them and they do sound better than the M&D. Crazy is as crazy does. Ugh.
Hmmm. Perhaps there is an EQ in my future.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:42 PM Post #36,643 of 39,654

BooleanBones

100+ Head-Fier

I actually love the sound on the EQs. Playing any acoustical music on them sounds phenomenal to me (i.e. Scorpions Wind of Change unplugged in Greece). They actually handled any type of music I threw at them well. I only have two complaints/wishes with them or they would be a complete package in my eyes.

1. Wish they had the capability to go a bit louder for those occasions where I want goosebumps :D
2. Wish they had a bit more controls around the ANC/Ambient modes. Which I could live without if needed.

Last edited:
Aug 26, 2021 at 12:47 PM Post #36,644 of 39,654

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
I actually love the sound on the EQs. Playing any acoustical music on them sounds phenomenal to me (i.e. Scorpions Wind of Change unplugged in Greece). They actually handled any type of music I threw at them well. I only have two complaints/wishes with them or they would be a complete package in my eyes.

1. Wish they had the capability to go a bit louder for those occasions where I want goosebumps :D
2. Wish they had a bit more controls around the ANC/Ambient modes. Which I could live without if needed.
I remember when B&O first released their neck buds. Man those things had some sweet sound despite that terrible shoelace cable. These weren’t on my radar but wth not. As an aside, Samsung continues to not include AptxHD meaning the pI7 is neutered. Annoyed.

Aug 26, 2021 at 12:48 PM Post #36,645 of 39,654

erockg

500+ Head-Fier

I agree, just a tad louder, but on the newer mastered stuff, they are great.

This is sick on the EQs IMO:

Users who are viewing this thread