Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Aug 5, 2021 at 6:20 AM Post #35,851 of 62,114
What tips did you use with the Jabra 85t? The oval stem and no-filter makes it very restrictive and hard to find compatible tips. I just saw some foams from Comply and Misodiko, some latex on aliexpress and not much else... I need something to make them feel more secure, the original tips move slightly in my ear canals.

Now that I have the 85t and I like it, I'm looking at the 85h for colder time :) Is the tuning the same?

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:02 AM Post #35,854 of 62,114
Looks nice and small, hopefully the sound is even more refined than the Buds Pro: https://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_buds2_fully_unboxed_on_video-news-50393.php

Yes they do look good but... generally I don't like the trend towards looks and fashion for a device that should be primarily designed with functionality and ergonomics in mind. I don't like the fact that there are no more wing-tips attached to it. They should give you MORE fit options not cut on them for looks... More ear-tips (sizes and materials), wing-tips and so on.

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:15 AM Post #35,856 of 62,114
I enjoyed them for running very much last summer, but I think my sweat killed one of them ... for 70€ I'd go for it

edit: just saw all those mainly negative words on the gblive and I think it’s a bit similar to your appreciation for the Amazon echo buds: it’s all about the fit. I am getting a great fit, the ANC works fine and I find the sound very engaging.
YMMV
Thanks, it doesn't sound like you liked them more than the X12s for running ? Not a surprise since I can't see how the X12s could be improved on for running (especially with the small foam sleeves but I'd remove them each time now to avoid messing up the charging contacts in the case) but I was hoping that maybe the GBuds Live would be better for cycling with less wind noise...

Aug 5, 2021 at 7:24 AM Post #35,857 of 62,114
Thanks, it doesn't sound like you liked them more than the X12s for running ? Not a surprise since I can't see how the X12s could be improved on for running (especially with the small foam sleeves but I'd remove them each time now to avoid messing up the charging contacts in the case) but I was hoping that maybe the GBuds Live would be better for cycling with less wind noise...
I found the sound a bit more engaging than the X12 and i did not have to fiddle with wings and foams ... so, for running in not-so-humid Germany it was great .. but as soon as I was back in the tropics, my sweat killed one pretty much instantly

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:26 AM Post #35,861 of 62,114
Just discovered this---love the ag TWS04K-----

https://www.a-g-japan.com/tws05k

TWS05K
Achieve clear vocals that approach your ears with 2 dynamic drivers . A completely wireless earphone that is recommended as a sub-machine for enthusiasts, and also has waterproof performance.
The " TWS05K " is a model positioned in the K series aiming for sound quality suitable as a sub machine for enthusiasts .

The driver unit, which is the biggest feature, has two 8.8mm dynamic drivers arranged in tandem to make the sound thicker and reduce distortion. This achieves a sound that combines clear vocals that approach the ears and a tight bassline.

The sound quality of the left and right independent earphones is often not focused on the speaker part, and the sound quality is adjusted by relying heavily on the equalizer on the software, which causes the sound to be tired to hear especially in the high range. increase. The current situation is that there are many unbalanced products, such as the low frequencies being overemphasized to avoid such a phenomenon.

In TWS05K , after pursuing the acoustic characteristics of the speaker so that the sound quality is sufficiently satisfactory even without an equalizer on the software, only the part of the high frequency range caused by Bluetooth ®︎ is slightly corrected with the equalizer. I'm taking it. With such technical backing, we have achieved both clear vocals that approach the ears and a tight bassline.

In addition, the TWS05K is water resistant, so you can use it with confidence even in sudden rain.
In addition, there are plenty of accessories. The earpiece is newly designed for completely wireless earphones, and comes with 5 sizes of final " TYPE E completely wireless dedicated specifications" . The earphone body and charging case have a matte paint finish that is not slippery and stains are not noticeable.
It is a model that we can confidently recommend to enthusiasts.

* TWS05K is an e ☆ earphone limited sale item .

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 9:56 AM Post #35,862 of 62,114
What tips did you use with the Jabra 85t? The oval stem and no-filter makes it very restrictive and hard to find compatible tips. I just saw some foams from Comply and Misodiko, some latex on aliexpress and not much else... I need something to make them feel more secure, the original tips move slightly in my ear canals.

Now that I have the 85t and I like it, I'm looking at the 85h for colder time :) Is the tuning the same?
I use the Diofit for my 85t and they work perfectly! They are branded for the Samsung Galaxy pro but fit the Jabra 85t. They have the same oval shape and have the ear wax screen.

Aug 5, 2021 at 9:57 AM Post #35,863 of 62,114
Hi, is there consensus on what is the best true wireless when it comes to calls? I have not checked in a while. I would like to see the best background noise suppression and clear voice pickup.

Is there anything better than APP? Every other aspect is a lower priority.
I have the APP and the Jabra 85T which I use for calls especially when walking around or untethered from my wired setup. The APP tries really hard to suppress background noise but that means if you have wind or traffic noise then people hear a lot of "choppiness" in your voice whilst the Jabra's pick up more background noise but your voice always can be made out. I prefer the Jabra's take on this but in comparison, my Bose 700 over ears are so much better than either or any other TWS I've tried... I can literally be right next to some traffic and nobody can hear the traffic at all.

In quiet conditions either the APP or the Jabras or quite a lot of other TWS work well.

You may want to check out: if you want a comparison...

Finally, if you use WebEx, Zoom or Teams... they also have some level of background suppression of noise which can also help to suppress noise, though these mostly only work on PC/Mac and not on iOS/Android... and they are often not very good at all.
[Edited to correct a typo: wireless should be wired in 1st line]

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 10:55 AM Post #35,864 of 62,114
No, they don't have ANC.
First sentence in the product description says "Our crowd-favorite—the Creative Outlier TWS series—now comes with Ambient Mode and Active Noise Reduction!"

Edit: but they cut APTX support... That sure is going backwards.

Last edited:
Aug 5, 2021 at 11:37 AM Post #35,865 of 62,114

My coworker uses the 85h and loves it. Best-sounding caller in ever WebEx, too, which makes me a bit jealous. Hope I sound half as decent on the other end.

She's not picky, though, so no word on SQ. I'd imagine it's pretty good.
Anybody got any experience with the Status customer service? Send them three e-mails over the last weeks, but no response. Big difference with the helpdesk from Cambridge Audio, which is excellent.
Only when trying to get my order. They're firmly planted in the school of "just wait, it's coming," except in nicer words. It's a satisfactory answer the first time...not the fifth.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back