Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jun 12, 2021 at 11:45 AM Post #34,186 of 62,074
Hear, here! Still have the original QC35 that were gifted to me by the wife on original release. Imo. One of the best-built consumer products I've ever bought. Was the first emergence of that refreshed house sound, but I do miss their old multidriver floorstanders (think they were the 501). That was Bose at its finest.
What a generous wife ha, all I ever get is socks. I remember the original fondly as a colleague use to wear them all the time at work and kept trying to get us all to buy them lol bit pricey at the time and wireless wasn't were it is now. Would have bought the mkII model but I got sold on the sony XM3 last moment, but I remember trying them out at the airport electronics shop for a bit and thought they sounded better than the xm3 around my neck at the time.

Jun 12, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #34,187 of 62,074
What a generous wife ha, all I ever get is socks. I remember the original fondly as a colleague use to wear them all the time at work and kept trying to get us all to buy them lol bit pricey at the time and wireless wasn't were it is now. Would have bought the mkII model but I got sold on the sony XM3 last moment, but I remember trying them out at the airport electronics shop for a bit and thought they sounded better than the xm3 around my neck at the time.
Learned years later that she was trying to enable me to support her hobby. We have a...mutual armistice when it comes to our respective interests. We try to not talk about cost hahaha. I could have bought a couple pairs of flagship TWS for what her vanity mirror ran me.

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:10 PM Post #34,188 of 62,074
Learned years later that she was trying to enable me to support her hobby. We have a...mutual armistice when it comes to our respective interests. We try to not talk about cost hahaha. I could have bought a couple pairs of flagship TWS for what her vanity mirror ran me.
That is still a wonderful wife, enabling you for her interest or not... A win is still a win, however it comes. :)

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:37 PM Post #34,189 of 62,074
Even though most are still in the honeymoon with the new ANC model from Sony there is this for those who go in the other direction for an open design...

" Ambie will release the completely wireless earphone "TW-01" after the end of August as a new model of "earphones that do not block the ears" "ambie sound earcuffs". The price is 15,000 yen (tax included). Advance reservations will be accepted from June 10th today.

"TW-01" (black)

"TW-01" (white)

By wearing it like an ear cuff, ambie develops earphones that allow you to "listen while listening" without blocking your ears. The completely wireless earphones also adopted an ear cuff type design.

The mass is about 4.2g per ear. Bluetooth supports 5.2, codecs support SBC and AAC, and additional support for other codecs is planned. Equipped with a MEMS microphone, it can also be used for online meetings. Continuous playback time is about 6 hours. The main body has IPX5 waterproof performance and can be used for sports.

In addition to the lineup of black and white colors, season colors and limited models will also be released. As the first limited edition color, "Cloud Gray" will be available for pre-order from noon on July 1, 2021. In addition, optional parts that can be changed in color according to the coordination of the day are scheduled to be released in the fall."

Hopefully at the price the other codecs planned will add at least aptX. For those unfamiliar...
https://www.ambiesound.com/
I had something in this form factor since early 2020. I might even posted about that here (yes, I did) ... it's actually really nice around the house when you still need to be aware ...

At 150$ one would expect a much better SQ ... but my 15$ ones aren't even that bad.
s19.jpg

Jun 12, 2021 at 12:53 PM Post #34,191 of 62,074

That is still a wonderful wife, enabling you for her interest or not... A win is still a win, however it comes. :)
On that same note, I just bought the DX300, and she didn't even go crazy like she normally would. All she said (calmly) was "That's nice honey". OK! Now I'm kind of afraid... LOL

Or, maybe I should pick up some new TWS while she is still in that calm mood?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If you don't see me here in more than a week or so, assume the worst!

Or a third option is that she is planning on getting something that might totally break the bank. :money_with_wings:🤷‍♂️

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:08 PM Post #34,192 of 62,074
Most likely the latter lol

Fourth Corner album by Trixie Whitley and Love and War album by Fleurie sound particularly good with the XM4.

The sub bass rumble on a couple tracks caught me by surprise, really good.

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:29 PM Post #34,194 of 62,074
Thanks! You are right. To play sound from a firestick hooked up to an HDTV, I will require a bluetooth transmitter and not an adapter. Not too concerned about codecs and as long as there is no delay or lip synch and can make out dialogue, I'll be more than satisfied.
I have a somewhat Rube Goldberg solution for you. Get a 3.5mm Splitter cable that gives you 2 3.5mm Stereo outputs, and then get TWO Bluetooth Transmitters. The Bluetooth transmitters don't need to be expensive. Especially if you are OK with SBC, and don't need AAC, APTX APTX-HD; or the hardest to find an LDAC Transmitter.
This way you'll have a separate bluetooth transmitter for each TWS.

Jun 12, 2021 at 1:34 PM Post #34,195 of 62,074
I have a Transmitter that does aptX-HD so use Optical to it (the Avantree was USB but buggy), the newer Fiio BTA30 LDAC one is a bit buggy going by reviews/comments and again you need use Optical as the USB has some limitation added to LDAC does not enable in that mode.

Last edited:
Jun 12, 2021 at 2:03 PM Post #34,196 of 62,074
On that same note, I just bought the DX300, and she didn't even go crazy like she normally would. All she said (calmly) was "That's nice honey". OK! Now I'm kind of afraid... LOL

Or, maybe I should pick up some new TWS while she is still in that calm mood?! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: If you don't see me here in more than a week or so, assume the worst!

Or a third option is that she is planning on getting something that might totally break the bank. :money_with_wings:🤷‍♂️
Someone is planning a bit purchase...congrats on the DX300! Should be a great upgrade. Maybe options 2 and 3 are both viable :)

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #34,197 of 62,074
I have a somewhat Rube Goldberg solution for you. Get a 3.5mm Splitter cable that gives you 2 3.5mm Stereo outputs, and then get TWO Bluetooth Transmitters. The Bluetooth transmitters don't need to be expensive. Especially if you are OK with SBC, and don't need AAC, APTX APTX-HD; or the hardest to find an LDAC Transmitter.
This way you'll have a separate bluetooth transmitter for each TWS.
The issue with this is they'll be effectively splitting the input voltage between two devices. Yes, it'll work and with two separate IDs, is also probably easier to manage. If the signal strength coming from the TV to the device was more robust, I think this would be a better idea, but they're usually only a few mW, if even that.

Jun 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #34,198 of 62,074
I had something in this form factor since early 2020. I might even posted about that here (yes, I did) ... it's actually really nice around the house when you still need to be aware ...

At 150$ one would expect a much better SQ ... but my 15$ ones aren't even that bad.
s19.jpg

What a weird design ! Any advantage over the X12s for running or biking (for which the X12s are pretty much unusable due to wind noise) ?

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:34 PM Post #34,199 of 62,074
The issue with this is they'll be effectively splitting the input voltage between two devices. Yes, it'll work and with two separate IDs, is also probably easier to manage. If the signal strength coming from the TV to the device was more robust, I think this would be a better idea, but they're usually only a few mW, if even that.
I still think this will work. It's what those Analog to BT transmitters are for. One could also come off the TV's RCA Jacks and split to two BT Transmitters in a similar way. It's just an idea to solve a problem that was asked.

Jun 12, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #34,200 of 62,074
My AZ70 are starting to have a ticking sound when walking and jogging. Might be looking at warranty. If I do I might see if they have a new model in the works :). See if I can finagle them into upgrading lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back