Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
May 16, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #33,301 of 38,574

CocaCola15

100+ Head-Fier
Thanks! I am taking yours and @samandhi recommendation and ordering the MT. Waiting to see how the ADV saga plays out... I am also thinking about the Devialet Gemini once they come back in stock...
Big MT fan. After trying a few tip alternatives, back to the OEM large tips. Fit is everything; you get that right with the MTs, you won’t be disappointed.

May 17, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #33,302 of 38,574

samandhi

1000+ Head-Fier
Big MT fan. After trying a few tip alternatives, back to the OEM large tips. Fit is everything; you get that right with the MTs, you won’t be disappointed.
On that note, keep in mind also that these are not like typical IEMs that insert deep into your ears. They sit more on the outside and just seal up the hole. I think this is the reason that they can be polarizing with a lot of people. I had a heck of a time getting them to fit correctly in the beginning. Once I switched to the Spinfit CP360s, they became very comfortable, and they sealed correctly.

It is not so much that they didn't fit correctly with the stock tips per se'. It was more that they did seal, but if you smiled, or yawned, or turned your head it would break the seal. This has been fixed with the longer Spinfits. Also keep in mind that you can't just tip roll with these "willy nilly". Regular tips will fit, but they will be too long and will cause the buds to not fit into the case for charging properly. The MT do seem to follow the standard for TWS tips though, so any of those (and a few that are not like the Spinfits) will work. Don't even bother with foams unless you plan on trimming them down.

May 17, 2021 at 2:28 AM Post #33,303 of 38,574

bladefd

500+ Head-Fier
On that note, keep in mind also that these are not like typical IEMs that insert deep into your ears. They sit more on the outside and just seal up the hole. I think this is the reason that they can be polarizing with a lot of people. I had a heck of a time getting them to fit correctly in the beginning. Once I switched to the Spinfit CP360s, they became very comfortable, and they sealed correctly.

It is not so much that they didn't fit correctly with the stock tips per se'. It was more that they did seal, but if you smiled, or yawned, or turned your head it would break the seal. This has been fixed with the longer Spinfits. Also keep in mind that you can't just tip roll with these "willy nilly". Regular tips will fit, but they will be too long and will cause the buds to not fit into the case for charging properly. The MT do seem to follow the standard for TWS tips though, so any of those (and a few that are not like the Spinfits) will work. Don't even bother with foams unless you plan on trimming them down.
Foam does not typically last as long as silicone either. It ends up costing more in the long run to buy a new pair of foam every 3-5 months. Silicone is easier clean as well.

May 17, 2021 at 5:54 AM Post #33,304 of 38,574

DigDub

Headphoneus Supremus
Has a listen to the lypertek z7. Wasn't impressed. The highs and mids sound compressed, it does connect to my Sony Xperia 5 ii in aptx adaptive though. The buds are pretty big and bulge out quite a bit from the ears. The case is big, I find it unnecessarily long and bulky.

In the same shop though, there was the Shanling mtw 300. Had a listen to it and was impressed. It sounds like a more refined Fiil t1 pro. Has all the controls and supports left or right single bud usage. The sound doesn't down mix into mono when a single ear bud is in use. The case is made out of metal and the buds are comfortable.

C35cPB6.jpg

May 17, 2021 at 6:05 AM Post #33,305 of 38,574

mainguy

100+ Head-Fier
The Bowers & Wilkins PI5 is such a frustrating product. Love the sound, the ANC has been great for me, and they fit great. But the connectivity issue just kills the entire experience. I picked mine up at audio46 near Times Square and I kept getting frequent drops. Figured that it was a tough environment for a good bluetooth signal despite having had other TWS work fine there. Get to my neighborhood and I'm still having issues. We're talking about connectivity performance similar to budget TWS from about 2-3 years ago. Get home, and still get a weird clipping when connecting to the app. Do a factory reset and still get the clipping when connecting on the app, but I'm able to listen with no issues for about an hour or two. Fast forward to today and I pull them out to do some listening and I'm getting drops with the phone no more than 3ft (1m) away from me... I don't know if I should wait for a firmware update or if I should just return them now, ugh.
This is so strange, I have the PI7 and can walk to the next room in my house and still listen to music. No cutting out, no drops, I've maybe had 40hours of listening time so far. Plenty of time in the busy streets of the city too. Pretty flawless experience, like you, I adore the sound.

As some people are having a seamless experience I can't see it being firmware, it's possible but would be odd. Sounds more like a faulty device.

The only occassional issue I've had is for some reason one bud doesn't play music and I put them back into the case. Weirdly, I get the exact same thing with my airpods pro sometimes.

Last edited:
May 17, 2021 at 9:54 AM Post #33,308 of 38,574

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Sounds pretty similar to signal strength with the M5; maybe it's something about the radios they use. I'll see if I can get some details from ADV to help narrow it down.

So, what is the deal here? This is new and improved M5 2nd gen with boosted connectivity. What happened? :)

May 17, 2021 at 10:03 AM Post #33,309 of 38,574

W1ll1eTheP1mp

500+ Head-Fier
I’m kind of in the same boat. I’ve had the Jabra 65Ts for years and they’ve been very solid. They have average sound and average battery life but rock solid connectivity, build quality and call quality. I keep looking for an upgrade but very few offer multipoint combined with good sound quality. The 75Ts are meant to offer slightly improved sound but vastly improved comfort. The 85Ts seem to be a step back in the sound quality department unfortunately.

My only hope is that the new releases from Sony and Samsung will introduce multipoint this year.
Yeah.. Ive read that TWS that has
I’m kind of in the same boat. I’ve had the Jabra 65Ts for years and they’ve been very solid. They have average sound and average battery life but rock solid connectivity, build quality and call quality. I keep looking for an upgrade but very few offer multipoint combined with good sound quality. The 75Ts are meant to offer slightly improved sound but vastly improved comfort. The 85Ts seem to be a step back in the sound quality department unfortunately.

My only hope is that the new releases from Sony and Samsung will introduce multipoint this year.
Yeah. Weird that tws hasnt been focusing on Multipoint/connect. Especially since it was available in BT4. I found an article that said that the TWS need to support A2DP and HFP/HSP for multipoint to function. Will that says that all TWS that has it support it? Or is it just a requirement to build it upon? https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.soundguys.com/bluetooth-multipoint-explained-28601/amp/

It would be nice with a completely list of devices of which who support Multiconnector and which dont. On both commercial and more uncommon TWS models.

Its a shame that spatial audio on Galaxy bus pro. Only works on Samsung S21. Im a sucker for spatial audio/immersive music as long is done right(but not when critical ly listening). Saw that Apple music announced Lossless and spatial audio(Dolby) today and will be available later on their streaming service. I wonder how good the spatial audio on Airpods and Samsung is.

May 17, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #33,310 of 38,574

miserybeforethemusic

Headphoneus Supremus
So, what is the deal here? This is new and improved M5 2nd gen with boosted connectivity. What happened? :)
Not sure. I disabled Gabeldorsche this morning, so we'll see if the problems persist.

May 17, 2021 at 10:11 AM Post #33,311 of 38,574

W1ll1eTheP1mp

500+ Head-Fier
Doesnt anyone own the Moondrop Sparks here? The app has releases for Android and i really need to know how the app is😃

May 17, 2021 at 10:56 AM Post #33,312 of 38,574

clerkpalmer

Headphoneus Supremus
Having trouble deciphering Apples “lossless” announcement today. It’s not clear whether and how this will be done wirelessly? Seems to be a lot of confusion. They say a DAC is required for true lossless which makes me think this is a wired solution? I don’t see anything about improving or replacing AAC for streaming but the information is scant.

May 17, 2021 at 12:03 PM Post #33,314 of 38,574

Spa03

100+ Head-Fier
Having trouble deciphering Apples “lossless” announcement today. It’s not clear whether and how this will be done wirelessly? Seems to be a lot of confusion. They say a DAC is required for true lossless which makes me think this is a wired solution? I don’t see anything about improving or replacing AAC for streaming but the information is scant.
I was wondering the same too… Apple use ALAC format. Regardless, lossless format will likely take up around 150M upwards per song hence Bluetooth 5.0 unable to handle?

Funny that I just got my ITB05 to enjoy the wire-free listening but might have to drop back to wired with Q5s again…

Unless somehow Ikko can introduce some miracle firmware upgrade to allow large file transfer between iPhone & itb05 which shouldn’t be possible - if AirPods not able to support. So to enjoy true lossless will be back to wired route for now it seems

May 17, 2021 at 12:09 PM Post #33,315 of 38,574

Slowhand

New Head-Fier

Remains to be seen I guess. For me the main use case would be Airplaying lossless to my home hifi set-up rather than any on the go listening.

Although I am more interested in the Spotify HiFi offering that is yet to come.

Users who are viewing this thread