Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Apr 16, 2021 at 7:54 PM Post #32,011 of 41,864

Jmm722

New Head-Fier
I'm saving some pennies for the XM4's because I'm leaning towards they will be excellent and also not use that terrible form factor their current model uses. If they disappoint I'll pick up something else to pair with my MTW2.
I hope they make them water resistant. I want a set of earbuds I can use for the gym, running and office. Otherwise I’ll probably just get Jabra 75t active or see if anything else good comes out.

There doesn’t seem to be a do-it-all tws earbud yet. I want to be able to run with them and use them for noise cancelling as well. I don’t even care about price, I’d pay $500 for a do-it-all with great sound and an equalizer.

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 9:51 PM Post #32,012 of 41,864

CocaCola15

100+ Head-Fier
You guys are making me contemplate on picking up the M1+ now. I think I'll wait til Black Friday sale though. 😄
Honestly, if I had to send one back between the MT and the M1+, I would choose the latter. I mean, both sound great to me. I had the original M1s and with foam tips (the ones CA bundles with the M1 or the M1+; Amazon has them for $10 for 5 pair), and the M1+ with the app and sound enhancement (whatever that CA engine is called), plus a basic EQ (which I don't use for the M1+) is just a home run. If you can get over the bolt-like style (I actually like click buttons over touch controls), they just fit better with the right tips. I have had issues with the MT, namely the wings hurting my right ear space after about an hour (tried all the sizes). I tried them without the wings and the right one feels like it will fall out, not snug. Also affects the sound of course (the seal always does).

And no foam tips with the MTs, only silicone. I am going to try to see if I can tip roll some foamies on the MTs so they will charge in the case. We'll see. I am keeping the MTs for now. Otherwise, they stay connected (FW updates helped) and they do sound very very nice, with bit of EQ (take a little off the bass). I sent back my first pair in fact, but tried again (changed from black to white).

To me, if you can get the M1+ fitting right and use foam tips, they are fantastic. Imagine, Amazon had the M1s for sale at $79 for a couple of weeks. $99 now. And if they drop $20 for Black Friday, all the better. I did get $20 savings rebuying the MTs, Amazon had dropped the price from $149 to $129.

As for all the new stuff coming out, my old and aging ears are at their max level, good for my wallet! Not enough that I didn't buy a pair of the Blon Mini, haha (big fan of the Blon-03 w/balanced cable and ES100)

Last edited:
Apr 16, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #32,013 of 41,864

chinmie

Headphoneus Supremus
Well I just wanna head and did it in bought my 1st in ear monitor in over 20 years.

Blon bl-01. Dirt cheap at about 25$.
With no burn in and an under amped tablet because I am awaiting my USB C dac amp, all I can say is wow!

So these with no tip rolling yet no EQ etc. sound better than any tws I have heard.

Bass is no deeper than others but better texture and faster without muffling the mids.

Vocals are clear Treble is extended and maybe not most detailed compared to other iems but more than most if not all tws.

If there is one tiny criticism is sometimes the lower treble can get a tiny bit hot but not fatiguing.

Imagine with better dac Amp and burn in these will sound even better.

So I can say definitively we are not quite there yet for TWS is a 25$ but beats out 300$ buds in sound quality.

I think once bluetooth LE allows higher bit rate data transmission we will get there because the drivers are not the limitation.

The BL01 also pairs well with the BT20S Pro, and that "TWS combo" still have more bang for the buck in sound than more expensive true TWS.. well except for features like ANC, ambient, and case size

Apr 16, 2021 at 11:39 PM Post #32,014 of 41,864

FYLegend

1000+ Head-Fier
Unfortunately Earfun Free Pro is currently out of production, through their website, so I decided to get a SoundPeats T2, after the seller assured it is a new batch unit without the defect.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:06 AM Post #32,015 of 41,864

SemiAudiophile

Headphoneus Supremus
Honestly, if I had to send one back between the MT and the M1+, I would choose the latter. I mean, both sound great to me. I had the original M1s and with foam tips (the ones CA bundles with the M1 or the M1+; Amazon has them for $10 for 5 pair), and the M1+ with the app and sound enhancement (whatever that CA engine is called), plus a basic EQ (which I don't use for the M1+) is just a home run. If you can get over the bolt-like style (I actually like click buttons over touch controls), they just fit better with the right tips. I have had issues with the MT, namely the wings hurting my right ear space after about an hour (tried all the sizes). I tried them without the wings and the right one feels like it will fall out, not snug. Also affects the sound of course (the seal always does).

And no foam tips with the MTs, only silicone. I am going to try to see if I can tip roll some foamies on the MTs so they will charge in the case. We'll see. I am keeping the MTs for now. Otherwise, they stay connected (FW updates helped) and they do sound very very nice, with bit of EQ (take a little off the bass). I sent back my first pair in fact, but tried again (changed from black to white).

To me, if you can get the M1+ fitting right and use foam tips, they are fantastic. Imagine, Amazon had the M1s for sale at $79 for a couple of weeks. $99 now. And if they drop $20 for Black Friday, all the better. I did get $20 savings rebuying the MTs, Amazon had dropped the price from $149 to $129.

As for all the new stuff coming out, my old and aging ears are at their max level, good for my wallet! Not enough that I didn't buy a pair of the Blon Mini, haha (big fan of the Blon-03 w/balanced cable and ES100)
Yeah, that's when I had the M1's the first time around, when they were on sale for $79. I didn't like the bass at the time though, so I returned them. I also like the bullet style form factor more than the MT's. Since they added support for the app now (EQ), that makes it more enticing to give them a second chance.

Apr 17, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #32,016 of 41,864

d3myz

1000+ Head-Fier
Do you have a shipping date ? They're showing as "out of stock" on amazon right now.

I like that the v1 are on the larger side as I could "tuck" them in my (larger ?) ears perfectly unlike most TWS that tend to pop out, the worse being the Sony's of course. The new ones may be 21% "smaller" but the also seem "thicker", a bit like the Panasonic ANC TWS and that didn't work too well for my ears either.
Never had a problem with the touch controls apart from the limited combinations available.
And the final "bad" news is that they mention a "vent for less pressure" so that's probably going to me less passive isolation, where the v1s were pretty much "king" and with the ANR it was the best isolating combo in the game. That "vent" that Apple claim to have doesn't really help with the dreaded "runner's thud" either in my experience.

Anyway, I'll be interested in reading feedback on these !

Big fa

Not sure about DD vs BA, the SQ was really good on the v1 but it seems I'm BA biased as I also love the SQ of the L2Ps...
Shipping date for me is May 13th

Apr 17, 2021 at 7:49 AM Post #32,019 of 41,864

pkcpga

500+ Head-Fier
Apr 17, 2021 at 10:19 AM Post #32,020 of 41,864

Caipirina

Headphoneus Supremus
Looks like a complete reboot for the Echo Buds. DD rather than BA and they've dropped the Bose ANR for "their own" ANC.
https://www.amazon.com/All-new-Echo...ld=1&keywords=echo+buds&qid=1618493876&sr=8-1

What is the price on those? By now I also only see 'out of stock' with no price info ...
I am still waiting for my V1 that I got on UK amazon for 59GBP and they are now with a friend who is scheduled to come within the month +quarantine ... he would probably kill me if I ask him to get the V2 as well :D
And sure enough, now that I check, the V1 dropped another 5 quid on amz.uk! @webvan : time to get a spare at that price :)
Amazon_co_uk___echobuds.jpg

Apr 17, 2021 at 11:47 AM Post #32,021 of 41,864

Canabuc

500+ Head-Fier
So if u want to turn an iem into a tws do you recommend?

1. Trn bt20 15$
2. BT20s 40$
3.Bt20spro 70$
4. Fiio us 3 115$

Approximate priced on aliexpress in Canadian dollars

Think the only one with apt hd is bt20spro.
Not sure difference between bt20 and the s model. Seems to be same.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #32,022 of 41,864

CocaCola15

100+ Head-Fier
Yeah, that's when I had the M1's the first time around, when they were on sale for $79. I didn't like the bass at the time though, so I returned them. I also like the bullet style form factor more than the MT's. Since they added support for the app now (EQ), that makes it more enticing to give them a second chance.
Understood. I don't find the M1+ too bassy, but I didn't with the M1s either. On the other hand, I use(d) the M1/M1+ out of the house, on the go. So when I do that, I use the Kaiser Audio app with onboard tracks (13,000 of them on my iPhone 8+), not streaming services (I use Amazon Music HD at home with other phones, mainly over or on-ear types). The Kaiser app has a 10, 20 or 30-band EQ onboard, so I can take the bass down a bit if need be. I do that with the Touch, which delivers a bit more bass than I prefer.

Anyway, I was out today with the M1+ and they are rock solid, built like a tank, click buttons just work (no screwing around with the touch controls). I used the basic Apple Music player, no EQ for some reason and I can't be happier with a pair of TW in-ears for the price. Notice, the M1+ is now $10 more on Amazon than the Touch. Not sure what's going on with CA on that one. I sort of figured the Touch was their next level TW IEM. Guess not, as they have cut $20 from the original price.

I am going to fool around with tips/wings again on the Touch. Try and get a better fit. I would like to keep both; I am also selling off a bunch of other stuff on hand (anyone looking for the Earfun Free Pro Oluv edition?). Happy with the CA duo, the Status Between Pro for TWs and ER4XRs and BLON-03s for wired connecting.

Apr 17, 2021 at 12:46 PM Post #32,023 of 41,864

slex

Headphoneus Supremus
So if u want to turn an iem into a tws do you recommend?

1. Trn bt20 15$
2. BT20s 40$
3.Bt20spro 70$
4. Fiio us 3 115$

Approximate priced on aliexpress in Canadian dollars

Think the only one with apt hd is bt20spro.
Not sure difference between bt20 and the s model. Seems to be same.
No.4. more power and darker background.

Apr 17, 2021 at 1:53 PM Post #32,025 of 41,864

jibberish

100+ Head-Fier
My Technics AZ70 have stopped working, sadly. They stopped connecting to my phone, and attempting to re-pair with any device just leads to a "Connection failed" message on the device I'm trying to pair them with. That's not great for a set that I've owned for about 5 months. I still do have my Jabra 85t Elites, which I preferred to the Technics for everything else except for sound, but I did really appreciate how good the AZ70 were in terms of detail retrieval and overall technicalities.

Users who are viewing this thread