Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 24, 2021 at 6:50 PM Post #29,626 of 38,823

jant71

Headphoneus Supremus
Qualcomm doesn’t yet provide ambient mode as a standard built-in feature for their Bluetooth audio chips and reference designs, so it’s additional development work to integrate it, which I’m pretty sure that very few brands have the expertise to do (see: Fostex TM2, which has a half-baked implementation of it. Haven’t tried the Shures, but my hopes aren’t high for those either).

Yep, even Fiio is bad with software and need fixes on most releases even though mostly DAP's which are a more complicated thing. Though the latest UTWS3 had an early issue that needed correction as well. At least they were able to give it 26 volume steps instead of the usual 15/16. Fostex never lowering the price nor making any real fixes should be ashamed of themselves. I can see charging what they did at first cause they were all alone, not that I would pay $300, but now they should have a better price and done some tweaking to it. Shure also had an issue but addressed it and started selling again but they don't incorporate volume control so they need to keep working on it. TWS adapters are like this thread when it first started... Are we there yet? The answer is NO. :)

Get off tomorrow and gonna test the AT out at the park maybe some wind tests, maybe how the ANC drowns out basketball dribbling and out and about more. Again, you can't tell in pics but...
IMG_1544.JPG
Love the size of the Victor and had posted that they were smaller than anything else I had. Had this pic vs. some...
IMG_1482.JPG
Have to add the stem but the AT housings are smaller and shallower fitting. They really did much better than the CKR7TW and CKS5TW big ass clunkers. By the time these come to the states these should be long term tested to see how they hold up.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #29,627 of 38,823

C_Lindbergh

500+ Head-Fier
Do you have comfort issues?? I found them uncomfortable and returned after a month. I found Sony xm3 and melomania touch to be much more comfortable

They do look kinda bulky on the outside, but I haven't got any issues with comfort.

I rarely have comfort issues with IEMs tho.

About the Jabras, I really liked how well polished everything was... But they really fell short because of 2 reasons.

1. You can't use your own eartips, with Sennheiser (among others) this is never a problem since the cases are designed with that in mind.

2. The limitations of SBC, they sound ok when you're using your phone.

However since there's no Aptx you're stuck with SBC when using it with your Pc. Thus making the multipoint ability kinda useless, at least for my taste.

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2021 at 8:58 PM Post #29,628 of 38,823

tinyman392

Be nice to noobs, we were all noobs at one point in our life.
So the Ikko OH10 Obsidian will work with the 2-pin UTWS3 then? (I've got a real nice offer, seconhand bought in January)

ikko-obsidian-oh10-hybrid-in-ear-monitor-iem-dynamic-and-balanced-armature.jpg

I may take back what I said earlier. No guarantee that they will fit on something that protrudes out like that. There are a few connectors that do this. Sennheiser uses a different plug that also protrudes out and a 2-pin definitely wouldn’t fit into there at all. So I can’t guarantee that a standard 2-pin (flush) plug will go into those.

Feb 25, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #29,629 of 38,823

turbobb

100+ Head-Fier
Continuing my quest for Low Latency TWS (and not necessarily those that have aptX LL - since there's really only two such models), I wound up giving the Jabees Firefly Vintage a shot. Got it on sale w/10% off and given the features touted aside from the LL (that is not hardware/software dependent): aptX, AAC, BT 5.2, Noise Canceling (though I'm not sure if this is just for calls) and Transparency mode, wireless charging and even an app (though I haven't been able to get it working) I figured it was worth a shot. Very initial zero burn-in impressions is that these are quite good sounding with very crisp treble and elevated bass (teensy bit bloated but gives it a fun profile). Will need more time with it and formulate a way to measure the latency empirically. More to come...

Feb 25, 2021 at 12:36 AM Post #29,630 of 38,823

dj24

Head-Fier
I can wholeheartedly agree with you based on the past couple hours' worth of experience. In terms of raw practicality, the 85t have easily taken the cake. What sealed the deal for me was having a Skype call with my manager (who was mowing the lawn on their end) and me running one of those robotic vacuum cleaners on mine. We were both using Jabras and couldn't hear anything but each others' voices. Now I'm really tempted to grab the USB dongle that allows for improved computer call quality to see how much better they can get.

And I agree with you on them not having exceptional EQ. It's been playing the whole FR pretty well during this demo playlist and they're not fatiguing, but nothing's really stuck out to me like on some of my other top picks. I was going to completely write off the M&Ds until I heard the brass section come in on Mae's (m) (a) (e) EP. For what it's worth, that's been one stellar album for testing headphones. Lots of fun little audio tricks and lots of nuances in the recording.

I wouldn't hesitate on the dongle especially if you deal with VOIP calls frequently. I'm using the Jabra 75t active on Cisco Jabber calls anywhere 8- 10 hours a day and from the improved call quality to being able to use your phone (multipoint capable) It is truly a life saver. The incredible thing is that it seems to work with all other TWS (except Samsung for some reason.)

Feb 25, 2021 at 1:58 AM Post #29,631 of 38,823

miserybeforethemusic

Headphoneus Supremus
The incredible thing is that it seems to work with all other TWS (except Samsung for some reason.)
I think you just sold me on that statement alone. Didn't think about this, but could be a major boon as I noticed I couldn't successfully pair up my UE FITS to my laptop today. If this dongle is the magic fix, that's reason enough.

Did you order it anywhere in particular?

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:34 AM Post #29,633 of 38,823

dogucanb

New Head-Fier
Hello guys. I have a question. I am seriously considering purchasing fiil t1pro but I am a bit hesitant regarding the Chinese language stuff. Does T1XS has a separate app in English? Or do they use the same app. Also do you think that it is a good choice compared to sony wf-1000xm3? I know Sony is almost the double price. Do you think that it deserves the price gap?

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:45 AM Post #29,634 of 38,823

erudite

Head-Fier
Hello guys. I have a question. I am seriously considering purchasing fiil t1pro but I am a bit hesitant regarding the Chinese language stuff. Does T1XS has a separate app in English? Or do they use the same app. Also do you think that it is a good choice compared to sony wf-1000xm3? I know Sony is almost the double price. Do you think that it deserves the price gap?

The T1XS has an English app. The other versions may get an English app in the future.

There are guides on YouTube on how to use the Chinese app - it's not difficult.

I went for the T1 Lite, they miss some features of the T1 pro but are half the price with apparently better sound quality.

Google T1 Lite review and you will find a comparative review on a site called scarbir.

Feb 25, 2021 at 5:53 AM Post #29,635 of 38,823

dogucanb

New Head-Fier
The T1XS has an English app. The other versions may get an English app in the future.

There are guides on YouTube on how to use the Chinese app - it's not difficult.

I went for the T1 Lite, they miss some features of the T1 pro but are half the price with apparently better sound quality.

Google T1 Lite review and you will find a comparative review on a site called scarbir.
I have read almost all reviews of scarbir :)). Got Mpow X3 (because of a deal) but got a bit disappointed. Therefore I wanted to ask you guys. Thanks a lot for the response!

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:35 AM Post #29,637 of 38,823

bronco1015

500+ Head-Fier
You use the same sennheiser app with both so you get access to the same equalizer in there.
Right, was just trying to see if the CX was voiced similar to the MTW1 or 2. i figured it would be the 2, but was holding out hope.

Feb 25, 2021 at 7:53 AM Post #29,638 of 38,823

bronco1015

500+ Head-Fier
Personally I’m a big fan of Jabra. Not because the SQ is that exceptional it’s more so for the ease of use. Everything works as it should and they are reliable and sound very good with some tweaks. The user experience is very good, especially nowadays while working from home and many people look for a set of TWS for calls and music.
I totally agree. last year i got both the 85 T and Evolve 2 85 sent to me for review, and they both do so many things well out of the box. I gifted the 85T to my Mom but thinking of picking a pair up. as is, i use the evolve 2 85 for work. i can have music playing at a nice volume from a Google home about 6 feet from my desk, have sideTone set to 100% and hear my co workers and the music perfectly, and no one on the other end hears the music playing at all. makes me wonder how effective the 85T might be. I tested it for call quality in a number of scenarios, but when i first tried this with the Evolve 2 85 it worked much better than i thought it would. This is another scenario i'll add going forward for all my reviews.

Feb 25, 2021 at 8:51 AM Post #29,640 of 38,823

guido

1000+ Head-Fier
I am still not sure why anyone with audiophile tendencies would still pursue standard offerings of wireless IEMs when with as little as 160 euros you can do the FiiO UTWS3 adapters and a hybrid 10 driver IEM like the KZ ZAX...with many other options even cheaper [or more expensive]

The combo is on a completely different level to the Sony WF1000-XM3 or MTW...for less money....

Users who are viewing this thread