Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Feb 18, 2021 at 10:28 AM Post #29,386 of 61,385
After getting a better fitting tip on the OG Noble Falcon (not Pro) I'm actually very happy with their size and form factor (the case is extremely small which is a huge plus). They are on the bassier side though. The GT220 looks like it would be very close to the Harman curve with maybe a small boost in the treble (might create a V-shaped sound). The UE sound great to my ears, slightly above the APP in all categories while retaining the majority of the main signature. They are crippled by their control though and because of that I don't really use them often. They are the most comfortable universal IEM I own right next to my RE-1000 CIEM.
Thanks for the advice! Tough decision. Tempted to buy another pair of the Bose NC but I know as soon as they arrive I’ll find mine under my couch or something

Not sure what to get. Guess I need to return my Technics because the right bud stopped working. I have my XM3’s which work well for you phone calls but I hate the sound and they don’t stay in my ears even after trying every tip in my Arsenal

Feb 18, 2021 at 10:32 AM Post #29,387 of 61,385
Thanks for the advice! Tough decision. Tempted to buy another pair of the Bose NC but I know as soon as they arrive I’ll find mine under my couch or something

Not sure what to get. Guess I need to return my Technics because the right bud stopped working. I have my XM3’s which work well for you phone calls but I hate the sound and they don’t stay in my ears even after trying every tip in my Arsenal
What is your budget and your top 3 wants out of TWS earbud?

Feb 18, 2021 at 12:12 PM Post #29,388 of 61,385
Guys who own MTW 2/CX 400BT can you share your experiences with lag. Does anyone gets Audio lag when watching YouTube or streaming from Netflix/hulu/disney+ or making video calls like in zoom on your phone?

Also what about your experiences using MTW 2/CX 400BT with your laptop (pc/mac)? Does audio lag happens when playing a video file or streaming shows/movies or making group video calls?

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #29,389 of 61,385
Guys who own MTW 2/CX 400BT can you share your experiences with lag. Does anyone gets Audio lag when watching YouTube or streaming from Netflix/hulu/disney+ or making video calls like in zoom on your phone?

Also what about your experiences using MTW 2/CX 400BT with your laptop (pc/mac)? Does audio lag happens when playing a video file or streaming shows/movies or making group video calls?
Only tried YouTube and Netflix so far on Samsung devices and no lag.

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:06 PM Post #29,390 of 61,385
What is your budget and your top 3 wants out of TWS earbud?
Budget = unlimited
main wants:
1) good to great noise cancellation or excellent passive blocking of outside noise. hear-through not important
2) incredible sound for female vocals, classical and opera, instrumental guitar, Pink Floyd, blues, jazz... as close as possible to JH Lola sound signature
3) AAC. Other high end codecs are a huge plus
4) great sound without having to endlessly fiddle with EQ settings.

I don’t care about heavy bass for hip hop or phone call quality.

thanks so much for the help!

Feb 18, 2021 at 2:19 PM Post #29,391 of 61,385
I just got the JBL Club Pro + and the sound quality is amazing, the bass is on point. ANC I need to try it out when I'm at the gym or go for my run. Anyone recommend any tips for them?
Any updates on these sound and ANC wise? I had them briefly and liked sound but my case was defective returned them and then price shot up.

Feb 18, 2021 at 3:54 PM Post #29,394 of 61,385
I really don’t care about using them with games, all i care about if MTW 2/CX 400BT gets audio lag when watching videos/streaming whether it’s on laptops or smartphones.
No, I've never experienced the above with the MTW2 for video on an iPhone 12. CX is the same tech, no ANC, et al.

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:15 PM Post #29,395 of 61,385

I was getting slight lag with the cx400bt on my Google pixel 3. The only one without much lag were Sony wf-1000xm3. Melomania touch doesn't have much lag either.

It would be a challenge to play games on it though. I don't play games on it so I didn't check how that lag time was with the cx400bt.

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:18 PM Post #29,396 of 61,385
I should point out that YouTube and Netflix both adjusts the audio so it syncs correctly. Usually games show more latency.

Not all apps do that auto-sync afaik. Just certain ones

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:21 PM Post #29,397 of 61,385
I really don’t care about using them with games, all i care about if MTW 2/CX 400BT gets audio lag when watching videos/streaming whether it’s on laptops or smartphones.

I noticed some minor lag on YouTube between lips of people moving vs audio when I first got the cx400bt. It wasn't too bad but I could notice if I paid close attention to it. I was using aptx.

Feb 18, 2021 at 4:28 PM Post #29,398 of 61,385
I was getting slight lag with the cx400bt on my Google pixel 3. The only one without much lag were Sony wf-1000xm3. Melomania touch doesn't have much lag either.

It would be a challenge to play games on it though. I don't play games on it so I didn't check how that lag time was with the cx400bt.
MT has been the most consistently lag-free TWS I've messed with so far. Assuming it has something to do with each earbud receiving its own BT signal directly from the device and the utilization of aptX.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back