Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Mar 10, 2020 at 6:27 AM Post #20,551 of 62,074
this scenario would only cut out on NFMI based master-slave TWS like the T65 or Earin M2. even cheaper TWS like QCY T1C that uses older Realtek master - slave won't cut out signal when removing the master side (and vice versa) from the ear. the best way to identify it as far as i know is like i described: from the connection name and by putting one of them in the charging case
I still don't understand why the most expensive TWS brands use NFMI. Jabra 75t, B&O E8 3.0, Senn' MTW... it's a dealbreaker for me.

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:35 AM Post #20,552 of 62,074
We are talking about the B530 Pro, right? aka the B530 Qualcom version? From what Ida@Tranya told me, the tuning is the same and so are the materials except for the chipset. That was also my experience. Super Weird.
I'm talking about the Rimors as being inferior to the B530s. I only have the non-Pro B530s, I didn't see a reason to upgrade. I also got a bit irritated with Tranya when they asked me to change my rating on the Rimors, so I didn't take them up on the Pro offer. I thought a 10mm driver in the Tranya would be better than the 6mm in the B530, but that wasn't my experience.

Mar 10, 2020 at 3:18 PM Post #20,554 of 62,074
Mar 10, 2020 at 7:11 PM Post #20,556 of 62,074
mmWMCF6.png

After more time with the TrueDots, I thought I would share more about what I think about it especially compared to the Haylou GT1 Plus. I'm still learning how to describe what I'm hearing, so if there are any mistakes, feedback is definitely appreciated so I can improve. :)

Like I mentioned previously, I still feel like it's just a warmer version of the GT1 Plus. It has more bass presence, lower mids & mids sounds fuller, but the treble seems a little more subdued.

For me I felt this most on the track Caravan from Whiplash's (movie) sound track. Basically throughout the song, the bass drum, double bass?, stands out more in the track to me. Even when the brass instruments comes in, the double bass still stands out a bit more in the mix. Whereas on the GT1 Plus, I think it sounded more in line with other instruments. Then the cymbals and hi-hats doesn't sound quite as lively to me as well.

In songs like Get lucky from daft punk, bad guy from billie eilish, i love it by icona pop, the bass is thumpy, and to some extent actually a bit much for me. But other than that, it doesn't sound overly bloated to me.

In Vulfpeck's Wait For the moment, the beginning of the song has some background noise in the recording, and it's more obvious on the GT1 Plus, so TrueDots is probably a bit more forgiving sounding as well. In the intro portion of the song with the keyboard, bass guitar, drums, I think because more focus is on the lower mids, it sounds fuller and has a bit more depth to it. Same goes for Antwaun Stanley's vocals too, which sounds a bit more full bodied.

But in tracks with high female vocals, it can sound a little duller than I would have liked, like LiSA's Gurenge and Reol's Gekihaku. Their vocals sounds a little livelier and airier to me on the GT1 Plus, and it's something I kinda enjoy. Though some might describe that as being thinner sounding too I guess. But for Reol's Gekihaku, the extra bass and fuller sounding mids does make the track really enjoyable still in another way.

Ultimately I think both sounds good, and are quite impressive for their price point. While I think more people will enjoy TrueDots more, I think I still prefer the GT1 Plus a bit more. I like a slightly brighter sound still, and I find the bass a bit much on the TrueDots sometimes. (I am definitely not a bass head, and do listen to a lot of tracks with female vocals)

As far as recommendations go, between the two, the Truedot is probably a safer bet and the one I would recommend over the GT1 Plus. Tuning is a little more crowd pleasing, ear tips are a little less finicky to me, the controls are better (volume control), and in singapore it can be found at local retailers. :thumbsup:

Mar 10, 2020 at 9:07 PM Post #20,557 of 62,074
Spoke too soon, Amazon has dropped the Buds+ even further to 186$ and Mikes currently has it for 166$. Too late to cancel my order at this point... and for once they've decided to use Intelcom to ship... smh

this scenario would only cut out on NFMI based master-slave TWS like the T65 or Earin M2. even cheaper TWS like QCY T1C that uses older Realtek master - slave won't cut out signal when removing the master side (and vice versa) from the ear. the best way to identify it as far as i know is like i described: from the connection name and by putting one of them in the charging case
Well the ones I've tested don't use NFMI, except the Jabra 65t, which remains cut out when the master bud is moved out of range and doesn't even try to play music, so much as taking it out of my ear (you get the impression that the music has auto-paused until you realize the master is still playing music). BE30 Air UFO and Aufo M1 skip when I take the bud out of my ear, but still try to play audio. So even if they have single-bud use, they are still using master-slave setup.

In order to test out true independent mode, you might need to take each bud outside the Bluetooth range of the source device.

Mar 10, 2020 at 10:23 PM Post #20,558 of 62,074
Summarize:
- I use medium size JVC Spiral dots, and original tips, so I bought the medium Comply Foams (with Techdefender).
https://www.complyfoam.com/products/twzz-truegrip-2
- The fit is awesome. Seal is near perfect for me. No noise while chewing, moving mouth, and less thumping while walking. No vacuum feel when pressing buttons. (that alone is worth buying)
- Marginally less deep bass compared to the JVC Spiral Dots, but sound is otherwise as full with midbass, mids and treble on par with the JVCs.
- Noticably more bass than Flexfit foam.
- They fit the case perfectly.
- My early and short conclusion is that these are my go-to tips, when considering sound and comfort overall.

So I just got my comply tips for my Tevi's today and am trying them right now. I'm only a few songs in, but so far they sound good and feel great. So far they feel like nothing is in my ears. They don't change the sound in any negative ways so that's a plus. Isolation seems really good. I'll report back more soon. I'm off from work the next two days and plan on listening to these a lot.

Mar 10, 2020 at 10:34 PM Post #20,559 of 62,074
Spoke too soon, Amazon has dropped the Buds+ even further to 186$ and Mikes currently has it for 166$. Too late to cancel my order at this point... and for once they've decided to use Intelcom to ship... smh

Well the ones I've tested don't use NFMI, except the Jabra 65t, which remains cut out when the master bud is moved out of range and doesn't even try to play music, so much as taking it out of my ear (you get the impression that the music has auto-paused until you realize the master is still playing music). BE30 Air UFO and Aufo M1 skip when I take the bud out of my ear, but still try to play audio. So even if they have single-bud use, they are still using master-slave setup.

In order to test out true independent mode, you might need to take each bud outside the Bluetooth range of the source device.

hmmmm, haven't tried it like that. I'll test my TWS soon, and share the results here

Mar 10, 2020 at 11:46 PM Post #20,560 of 62,074
the beginning of the song has some background noise in the recording

I also experienced this with some songs that I never listened to with a wired headphone. All of my other TWSs' have been forgiving on that songs and I never heard the slight distortions, artifacts and background noises until I listened to them on the GT1 Plus. Initially, I thought something was wrong with the earbuds, but after listening to the same songs on wired headphones and speakers with a bit more attention, it's just that the GT1 Plus pulls out a lot of details from the tracks compared to other TWSs' which result in me noticing more recording issues and compression artifacts. :D

ear tips are a little less finicky to me

I replaced my GT1 Plus ear tips with the large ear tips that came with my QCY QS2. It's a perfect fit now :D The ones that came with the GT1 Plus was a bit on the shorter side for me.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 3:07 AM Post #20,561 of 62,074
After more time with the TrueDots, I thought I would share more about what I think about it especially compared to the Haylou GT1 Plus. I'm still learning how to describe what I'm hearing, so if there are any mistakes, feedback is definitely appreciated so I can improve. :)

Thanks for the additional write up. Both seem like they punch well above their price points.

Just received the TrueDots from Amazon UK as they were on a lightning deal. But looks like they are the older, non-APTx, version as the box is shorter and plain without the additional info on the reverse. So I'll probably just return them as I'm on on Android and not been overly impressed with any AAC/SBC only sets I've tried.

Last edited:
Mar 11, 2020 at 3:08 AM Post #20,562 of 62,074
while I am still waiting for my Dyplay ANC (ordered Jan 16!) I went ahead last night and jumped the gun on those Edifier TWS NB @96$ ... i never paid much attention to them (bulky), but they popped up again in my recent AptX search and there are not many ANC & AptX buds out there, the 1More ANC does not have the best reviews and is twice the price. And looking back I came across @Bartig 's rather positive review ...

Any reason why I should cancel it while I still can? :D

Mar 11, 2020 at 3:47 AM Post #20,563 of 62,074
Wow!!! the custom eq on the liberty air 2 has changed everything, if u find the right setting you can find your HearID x 5. Forget HearID, forget signature sound and their presets, find your sound via the eq. It's like steroids being pumped into the TWS, it's blown anything I have ever used prior, out of the water (ibasso it01 and shure 215s). Here are my settings, I've been able to dial into a setting which is like the piano preset but with more lows and bass and it's incredible. I'm still tinkering, I'm curious what others use for their LP2s.
Screenshot_2020-03-06-08-59-41-275.jpeg

I copied this for my pro 2 and they sound quite nice. Thanks for sharing !

Mar 11, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #20,564 of 62,074
Quick one, I own the Elite 75t and I'm still within my 1 month exchange time, should I go for the Active 75t? The question is mainly sound wise, I haven't found a good review that compares them acoustically.... Anyone has had some time with both of them?

Thanks!

Same unit isn't it?

I went for Active 75t, but really no good reason for it other than I might try to use them kiting.

Really like them so far. Had to adjust the bass to the minimum, but other than that seems like an excellent product.

Mar 11, 2020 at 5:56 AM Post #20,565 of 62,074
After more time with the TrueDots, I thought I would share more about what I think about it especially compared to the Haylou GT1 Plus

Thank you for writing this up, my GT1 plus are on the way!
Really nice and surprising to see TWS pull up details like that. BTW my BLON's have finally arrived and the hype is real. These are very musical, controlled but rumbly bass and detailed yet silky smooth. My bar for SQ has been raised.

I replaced my GT1 Plus ear tips with the large ear tips that came with my QCY QS2. It's a perfect fit now :D The ones that came with the GT1 Plus was a bit on the shorter side for me.

I washed my QS2(only buds) along with my trackpants in the washing machine yesterday. To my surprise the left earbud still functions after a 40 minute full wash. The right earbud has died and probably its just the battery as the LED flashes faintly while i put

Users who are viewing this thread

Back