Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:05 PM Post #19,306 of 62,111
I wish! I would love to move to Minnesota. Join all the "millions" descendants from Norwegians in the area, that emigrated from Norway to America in the 1800s :) (Actually there are about as many Norwegian descendants in America, that are living in Norway today)
Would buy myself a season ticket at the U.S. Bank Stadium, the Allianz Field and the Xcel Energy Center (to see Zuccarello) too. Guess I will go see SA Spurs when they are visiting the Target Center as well.
And of course buying all the "need to have" TWS's at Amazon.com :p
Good to see you know so much about Minnesota. I lived here most of my life and getting tired of the winters ( nothing like walking out side when it 20 to 40 or more below zero and the snot in your nose freezes instantly).

Good thing about the real cold days is sitting by the fire place and enjoying all of my TW.[/QUOTE][/QUOTE]

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:12 PM Post #19,307 of 62,111
Good to see you know so much about Minnesota. I lived here most of my life and getting tired of the winters ( nothing like walking out side when it 20 to 40 or more below zero and the snot in your nose freezes instantly).

Good thing about the real cold days is sitting by the fire place and enjoying all of my TW.
OR you can take unlimited rides in the mall of USA with your tws. :)

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:14 PM Post #19,308 of 62,111

Good thing about the real cold days is sitting by the fire place and enjoying all of my TW.
I don't know much to be honest, other than I know about the cold winters and as you can see the sports... I love both American and European football (soccer name is ga....) and hockey. Follow the leagues over there very closely. Actually am a Ducks fan, so I could move to California too... a little hotter, but more expensive?!?
And yes, I am very fascinated by all the Norwegian (and other Scandinavian) descendants over there too.
Skol, lefse, aquavit, lutefisk, 17. mai celebrations etc. :) Would love to experience that over there. :) I guess I won't move, but I have to take a trip there soon. It's high on my bucket list.

Last edited:
Jan 27, 2020 at 9:48 PM Post #19,311 of 62,111
A little bit of new info on the Galaxy Buds+ coming out in March!

Kind of confused on Active Noise "Isolation" though. Maybe it's like the Echo Buds ANR, and they're just not allowed to call it "cancellation" because it doesn't meet some criteria. Either way, double battery life with the same SQ sounds great to me!
That will probably translate to 220$ CAD with fixed pricing for the first year or so...The original buds are still 199$ here which is still more than in the US. You can get it for cheaper on eBay but for US listings they make you pay customs/shipping beforehand which often offsets the price difference. Only recently have I seen with closer to US pricing on Amazon.ca (and it keeps dropping 10 cents or so by the hour!).

Call me old fashioned but I'd rather buy from an established brand with a R&D department (even if they are Chinatech) than roll the dice with some young upstarts ordering to spec from the same Chinese manufacturer. SO MANY of these indiegogo campaigns end up delivering a pile of garbage or not delivering at all.

If you think about it, a company that already has a brand out there in the marketplace has much more to lose if they release a crappy product than any startup that nobody has heard of.
I don't disagree with you. I got screwed over by EarFun's campaign - now they have got recognition from mainstream networks but the early backers are left soured with defective products among other things. Even so, I still eagerly anticipate budget products that can offer even 75% of what a brand-name level product offers. It also doesn't help that bigger names like Jabra and Anker SoundCore fail to fully acknowledge manufacturer defects or inherent flaws such as audio hiss or channel imbalance.

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #19,312 of 62,111
Call me old fashioned but I'd rather buy from an established brand with a R&D department (even if they are Chinatech) than roll the dice with some young upstarts ordering to spec from the same Chinese manufacturer. SO MANY of these indiegogo campaigns end up delivering a pile of garbage or not delivering at all.

If you think about it, a company that already has a brand out there in the marketplace has much more to lose if they release a crappy product than any startup that nobody has heard of.

I would agree with you on this, too, it’s why I went with Klipsch X11i IEMs over a foreign offering back when I bought them.

But at the moment their offerings are projected for fall and the ones they have out now don’t get good reviews. So I opted to go with a TWS that doesn’t align with my preference to buy from companies like Klipsch. That said, they are projecting their TWS to be $650...! Probably beyond my range regardless, sadly.

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:18 PM Post #19,313 of 62,111
I love(d) them too, especially with a little fuller sound and more bass after the update.

BUT, after the update, I reset them for deleting paired devices and then I ruined the blueotooth connection. I just get "power on" on the left, and "ding dong dong" on the right (in loop) when taking them out together.
If I take out the left first and let it connect, it works but the app won't connect (iOS 13). There's also lower volume on left. If I (one rare time) get into the app and use a preset setting, the volume levels out.
Either/or, I cannot use them anymore.

I've contacted Lypertek several times, begging for an updated beta firmware, but they are on holiday and won't help me before 3rd of Feb they say.
Damnit, Lypertek.

Jan 27, 2020 at 10:38 PM Post #19,317 of 62,111
I wish they would take steps towards a more robust upgrade, such as better sound with improved drivers, more codec support, full controls, more premium materials, etc. For me, and not to rain on anyone who is excited about this, but kind of a "meh" upgrade.
I do agree with you on the codec support. I know Samsung is going to do the Samsung thing, but it would be nice to see them release their SSC to other manufacturers or move toward support of LDAC or AptX-HD.

Jan 28, 2020 at 12:35 AM Post #19,319 of 62,111
Jan 28, 2020 at 3:21 AM Post #19,320 of 62,111
Another Indiegogo launch, Pearl Buds with solar charging. They use QCC5121. Not sure if there is a complete ambient sound mode as it says there's 2 ANC modes, one is "quiet mode" that lets some sounds in. I would have preferred a full ambient mode as well as a reduced one as Sony first did on the MDR-1000X.
https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/pearl-ai-powered-earbuds-with-solar-charging?utm_source=Pre-Launch&utm_campaign=c106c89a11-IGG+Launch+-+Launch+Day+(Resend)&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_03f2312857-c106c89a11-184049293&mc_cid=c106c89a11&mc_eid=b418e07c5d#/comments

Users who are viewing this thread

Back