Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 30, 2019 at 9:09 AM Post #16,396 of 62,074
I ended up sending my 2nd pair of Echo Buds back. Both my first pair and the replacement pair had issues with the touch controls. I loved the SQ, Passthrough quality, ANR, fit and comfort, pretty much everything. I can't stand not being able to control them without using the app on my phone though. Maybe it's just something about my skin, but none of my other touch buds have issues...
Sorry to hear that. It's hard to imagine would be causing that and it's unlikely it's a fluke since you tried two units. I did notice that when they are NOT connected over BT they generally don't respond to taps, they just stay in the mode they were in when you put them in the box, that's hardly a problem though.

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:33 AM Post #16,397 of 62,074
Still not used to the fit on the LP2 and the highs are really bright on some songs. I listened to them for 35 minutes on rock, piano, flat, and EQ off all on my IPod. They hurt my ears a bit...

Keep trying. I was about to give up myself but I finally found a wing and tip combo that works. But I feel that they don't isolate as well as I had hoped. I agree, definitely bright on some songs, but I also understand the love they get as well as they feel a lot wider than my Anbes. Though the Anbes fit me perfectly and give me amazing isolation.

Nov 30, 2019 at 9:35 AM Post #16,398 of 62,074
Sorry to hear that. It's hard to imagine would be causing that and it's unlikely it's a fluke since you tried two units. I did notice that when they are NOT connected over BT they generally don't respond to taps, they just stay in the mode they were in when you put them in the box, that's hardly a problem though.

How are the echo buds ANR for travel? Have you tried them on a plane or mass transit? I'd give them a shot but they are not available to deliver to Hong Kong yet.

Nov 30, 2019 at 10:10 AM Post #16,399 of 62,074

According to the 'Tronsmart Offical Store' listing it is.

The integrated usb a cord is 'neat' but I'd rather have wireless charging as an option. I just don't see myself using it. Otherwise it hits the high points for me. Good battery life, APT-X, volume control, can be used individually and no blinking.

Darn, I really should have waited with my order. What idiot orders between 11.11 and BF? (me me me!)

Nov 30, 2019 at 11:38 AM Post #16,401 of 62,074
Jabra 75t Firmware Update!
I received an automatic notification yesterday that there was a new firmware available for download. I completed the update without issue and when I again connected, I noticed a vast improvement in 3 areas, the most striking was the change in the sound quality! The overdone bass was gone and the default tonality is nicely balanced from the low bass to the upper treble. Instrumental timbre overall sounds impressively realistic. I also noticed that the volume of the vocal guidance has been lowered, pretty much matching that of the music listening level. I also feel that the audio quality of the hear-through option has been improved.
Given Jabra's 30 day return policy, the 75t should now be quite attractive to those seeking a full-featured TOTL TWS monitor!

Notice any improvement with microphone with the update?

Nov 30, 2019 at 12:33 PM Post #16,402 of 62,074
Notice any improvement with microphone with the update?
I haven't made any calls on them since the update. Hopefully, I will get a chance to try it today.

EDIT:
I have made several calls this afternoon from my 75t and all were reported as sounding excellent. I also called my wife who has bat-like hearing and she said my call sounded much better than calls made directly from my phone. From my end, the SQ sounded quite similar to the SQ of my custom EQ. One can also mute calls and toggle sidetone via the left multifunction button.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 12:46 PM Post #16,403 of 62,074
I read a few pages here to find the best at any cost. Still haven't found that. Maybe Jabra Elite t75? Or might just get WH1000MX3. Really just want wireless good quality. I don't expect a reply or answer since there are a lot of unanswered questions in this thread.

I did notice that the Bomaker have a $15 coupon on Amazon. I'll try them at $35.

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #16,404 of 62,074
I got the Bomaker Sifi last night and compared it to my SSK. The Sifi has more bass and warmth, but it's also looser in the lows and the vocals are recessed a bit. The SSK has more pronounced vocals, tighter bass albeit not as impactful for me and much better soundstage.

I had the volume almost turned up all the way on the Sifi so I can get more voclas where I can't turn the SSK past 70% or the vocals get too high. If the vocals were a little less pronounced and I could increase the volume a little more, I'm sure the bass would be more impactful.

For reference, I used the SpinFit 360 L on both and while the SSK feels locked in place, the Sifi feels as though it could fall out. Seal doesn't feel as tight especially in the right ear.

I hope this helps anyone looking at both of these. I'm not an audiophile and just learning the terminology thanks to the sticky in this forum.

Nov 30, 2019 at 1:57 PM Post #16,405 of 62,074
my Anker Liberty Neo had arrived yesterday, sounds quite good, nice polished sound with nice deep bass and clean mids and treble, kinda like my Galaxy buds. build quality of the unit is nice with some rubbery parts and buttons. sadly no volume control, but not really a big problem. listed battery life of 3.5 hours seems puny compared to others at 6 hour standard, but I've been testing this from 7 PM yesterday, using it on and off on my flight, now it's been around 6 hours of intermittent play and standby, the battery shows about 40 percent left..so at least for everyday usage scenario it's good enough. I'll test full playtime later when i get back home. overall this and the GGMM T1 (though this one a bit finicky fit on my ears, but love the sound and controls) both are satisfying purchases

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:12 PM Post #16,406 of 62,074
my Anker Liberty Neo had arrived yesterday, sounds quite good, nice polished sound with nice deep bass and clean mids and treble, kinda like my Galaxy buds. build quality of the unit is nice with some rubbery parts and buttons. sadly no volume control, but not really a big problem. listed battery life of 3.5 hours seems puny compared to others at 6 hour standard, but I've been testing this from 7 PM yesterday, using it on and off on my flight, now it's been around 6 hours of intermittent play and standby, the battery shows about 40 percent left..so at least for everyday usage scenario it's good enough. I'll test full playtime later when i get back home. overall this and the GGMM T1 (though this one a bit finicky fit on my ears, but love the sound and controls) both are satisfying purchases
Nice! My neos are listed as ‘arrived at post office’, so maybe I get them on Monday.
I wish I remember what made we want those :wink: Rubbery parts sounds good let’s see how they fit.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:17 PM Post #16,407 of 62,074
What are the chances that Apple / beats manages to cram the great ANC of the APP into the Powerbeats pro? And what would they call them? Pro Pro?

I was so impressed with the bass when I tried them, I am wondering if I should get a pair used from e-earphone for about 150$ (they currently even list a closed box ‘pre-owned’ for 17900¥) ...

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:20 PM Post #16,408 of 62,074
What are the chances that Apple / beats manages to cram the great ANC of the APP into the Powerbeats pro? And what would they call them? Pro Pro?

I was so impressed with the bass when I tried them, I am wondering if I should get a pair used from e-earphone for about 150$ (they currently even list a closed box ‘pre-owned’ for 17900¥) ...

i don’t see that happening anytime soon. Pb pro are a decent option at 150. Biggest issue is external noise gets let in. Kind of like the bose. The l2p beats them handily in my opinion IF and this is a big IF fit is not an issue. I’m growing more and more frustrated with the fussy fit of the anker. Can take several tries to find the sweet spot. No such issues with pb pro.

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:01 PM Post #16,409 of 62,074
I haven't made any calls on them since the update. Hopefully, I will get a chance to try it today.

EDIT:
I have made several calls this afternoon from my 75t and all were reported as sounding excellent. I also called my wife who has bat-like hearing and she said my call sounded much better than calls made directly from my phone. From my end, the SQ sounded quite similar to the SQ of my custom EQ. One can also mute calls and toggle sidetone via the left multifunction button.

Thanks for testing. That's sounds very promising. I found a YouTube review for the previous firmware:

75t starts at 5.20

Is much better than the above?

In case you see the comparison, for:

Apple Airpod Pros starts at 9.25

Liberty 2 Pro starts at 5.20

L2P as good APP

Thanks.

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:09 PM Post #16,410 of 62,074
Wow I bought the Neutron music player years ago with my LG phones and ended up using the default LG music player because it was less clunky and sounded as good.

Never thought to try it when I switched to Samsung. But when I wanted to tweak the EQ more than the default Samsung app allowed I gave Neutron a try again. It is a massive upgrade over the default music apps on Samsung! Still clunky but so much better from an audio perspective.

Headphone Bar has BF sale of the MW07 for $219Cad, almost wishing I had waited as I might have bought them instead of L2P. But I am enjoying the L2P a ton EQ'ed and enjoy using them all day without issue and their excellent call quality so think I should just be happy with what I bought...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back