Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 30, 2019 at 1:10 AM Post #16,381 of 62,112
I've been getting those for months now.
oh good to know. I really wanna buy some beyers that i can't test anywhere, and i think i'll end up keeping them, that is the goal anyway, i have like 1 store kind of close to where i'm at, but most places if they have anything here have only 2 channel stuff. One store had oppo pm3s when was looking at them a few years ago, and the store is still around, but since oppo Digital isn't anymore, i don't think the store has brought in a new Headphone brand to replace them. i'll keep on keepin on then, if you've gotten these for months lol.

Nov 30, 2019 at 2:03 AM Post #16,382 of 62,112
Just checked amazon for some possible deals, here are 3 worth posting that i saw. Dudios zues-air which a rebranded QCY t1C is $27.99 with the option to apply an additional 20% off coupon.
i believe someone posted a similar price for this next one several pages back but thought i'd mention it here anyway if anyone's interested. The sennheiser momentum true wireless is $209.99.
The Plantronics backbeat pro 5100, great for call quality especially, are $134.30. personally i think these need to go down inprice mor, but headed in the right direction at least.

Nov 30, 2019 at 3:45 AM Post #16,383 of 62,112
Has anyone tried these? ZNT Soundcool
80bae04c2f5a55d7cfbd71cedaf98474

Nov 30, 2019 at 4:09 AM Post #16,386 of 62,112
There is a new version?

Also, anyone tried the Tronsmart Onyx Neo yet?

Screenshot_20191130-010841.png

According to the 'Tronsmart Offical Store' listing it is.

The integrated usb a cord is 'neat' but I'd rather have wireless charging as an option. I just don't see myself using it. Otherwise it hits the high points for me. Good battery life, APT-X, volume control, can be used individually and no blinking.

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:25 AM Post #16,387 of 62,112
has anyone heard of these / tried these? UTRAI AirOn 2

They seem to have a different ear tip design ... and I like those rubber flanges .. but no idea about the sound ...

utrai.jpg

Found them on Amazon with loads of 'suspicious' reviews. Like this one that says they magically stay in your ears ... clearly this person has no clue as to how they are supposed to fit :)
utraifail.jpg

Last edited:
Nov 30, 2019 at 4:26 AM Post #16,388 of 62,112

According to the 'Tronsmart Offical Store' listing it is.

The integrated usb a cord is 'neat' but I'd rather have wireless charging as an option. I just don't see myself using it. Otherwise it hits the high points for me. Good battery life, APT-X, volume control, can be used individually and no blinking.
They do have a model with wireless charging. Wireless charging doesn't seem to be very high on the feature priority list of TWS makers, unless they plan to make it a major selling point.
You can do an ugly mod to have wireless charging maybe.
Also the battery life is about 4hr and 20 mins, which is average IMO.
And mine still blinks every 5 secs or so.

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:12 AM Post #16,389 of 62,112
Has anyone tried these? ZNT Soundcool
80bae04c2f5a55d7cfbd71cedaf98474

The last time i tried a ZNT TWS, it sounded like listening to AM radios.. i'm afraid to try another one of their's after that :sweat_smile:

Nov 30, 2019 at 5:58 AM Post #16,390 of 62,112
The Balanced Armature version! That seems to be the original. The dynamic driver version is tuned to act like a balanced armature, which doesn’t work...

Works fine... except you probably can’t put them in the case to charge anymore.

Thanks!!! I would also congratulate you for all your efforts and your fantastic website, finally I bought the Bomaker after reading your recent review

Nov 30, 2019 at 7:27 AM Post #16,391 of 62,112
Ok, finally got a good fit with the Liberty 2 Pro after many tip and wing combinations. Yay!

First real impressions, wow, these are bit bright in the highs....on most of the eq settings. Anyone compare them directly with the Sony's in terms of fit, isolation, and sound quality?

I'm considering the Sony's but I worry about fiddling with another tws that is difficult to fit
It's better than Sony in term of fit isolation and SQ. IMO it's only lost to MW07.

Nov 30, 2019 at 7:48 AM Post #16,392 of 62,112
It's better than Sony in term of fit isolation and SQ. IMO it's only lost to MW07.

Interesting. Ok, I think I'll wait for new versions of the Galaxy Buds, Sony, and the One More ANC to come out. Or perhaps the Jabra 75T - just wish it had ANC or aptX at least.

I imagine there might be a wave of ANC TWS on the horizon given the success of the APP. Hopefully Sony has something newish up their sleeves rather than a mild improvement like their WH series showed in subsequent versions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back