Going fully Wireless IEMs. Too soon? Or are we there yet?
Nov 28, 2019 at 7:25 AM Post #16,276 of 62,087
Thanks for the report. Do they maybe not seal "by design" to avoid the obligatory "thumping" when running with an IEM ? That could explain the "bloomy" bass to keep a pleasing sound in spite of the lack of a seal.

i also initially thought the same, but with my ears, they're not just form a seal and just sit there (like earbuds), but they are just outright dislodged :sweat_smile:

when i put it "just resting" on the ears, it does sound airy and not too boomy on the midbass. i would definitely try experiment with other eartips (maybe some foams) as i do like this other than the fit problem.

oo, and another thing, even with full seal, this one doesn't thump too much.. it's comparable to the Nillkin Go, as a matter of fact. i can eat and chew without hearing it loudly in my head. I'll try using it tomorrow for riding (bumpy road and helmet is my ultimate thump test) it still fit under my half face helmet. I'll report back tomorrow

Nov 28, 2019 at 7:29 AM Post #16,277 of 62,087
The Spunky Beat, QCY T5 and also the Haylou GT2 (my review, by the way) are fantastic alternatives, buuuuut... maybe this helps? https://www.scarbir.com/guide/how-to-fix-qcy-soundpeats-dudios-issues

Yes, I have tried the reset trick but it's the driver that failed. In the beginning the sound started cutting from time to time, with pressure changes in my ear canal like when I was chewing or changing position, until the point it stopped completely... I really like the neutrality and good resolution of the QCY QS1, but I'm afraid ill get with the other two options less mature sound signature and performance... I saw a FR chart from the QCY T5 vs QCY QS1 / T1 but the T5 seems to have a toned down low end which I appreciate in the QS1... Decisions decisions...

Captura de ecrã 2019-11-28, às 13.27.22.png

Nov 28, 2019 at 7:33 AM Post #16,278 of 62,087
Yes, I have tried the reset trick but it's the driver that failed. In the beginning the sound started cutting from time to time, with pressure changes in my ear canal like when I was chewing or changing position, until the point it stopped completely... I really like the neutrality and good resolution of the QCY QS1, but I'm afraid ill get with the other two options less mature sound signature and performance... I saw a FR chart from the QCY T5 vs QCY QS1 / T1 but the T5 seems to have a toned down low end which I appreciate in the QS1... Decisions decisions...

The Haylou GT2 is like a QCY QS2 with more emphasis on the lower end. Fell in love instantly.

Nov 28, 2019 at 7:55 AM Post #16,279 of 62,087
I received the MW07 Pro's a few days ago, and I think I have finally found my perfect TWS! My challenge has been finding something that is comfortable in my small and odd shaped ears. Needing transparency mode limited my choices as well. I used the Earin M2 for almost a year, but after 11 months the battery was down to 2.5 hours, which is way to short for how I use these.

I left the MW07 to last as I was sure these big boys would not work with my ears. The first day I loved the sound right away, and the controls. But did feel discomfit after an hour. And the right bud felt like it was going to come out - which is when I found out that ear is a bit weirdly shaped and no size wing would work with it.

I decided to put on my Spinfit CP100Z without the wings. They felt great! and mostly secure. I then decided to buy a set of Comply True Grip pros. This is the perfect combo for me. Love the sound with them and they stay in place without the wings. I may not be to run in these, but I don't do that anyway. I wore them all day yesterday listening to Beethoven's symphonies and I am in love!

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:07 AM Post #16,282 of 62,087
Exact same issue as I have. I've been trying to get a good fit for days and it's just not happening. I get horrible isolation, they fit really loose in my ears. It takes nothing to pull them out. Either I have really problematic ears, or it's user error. I'm leaning to the latter.

I've seen people describe and show on YouTube the insert vertically and rotate method. But it's not working for me. Is the tip supposed to just cover/block the ear canal and not be inserted like a typical IEM? Can anyone who has gotten a good seal reveal their methods?

I'm having the same issue. The sound is great considering I don't feel like I have a good deal. When I turn my head or bend down to stretch, I can feel them coming out of my ears.

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:20 AM Post #16,283 of 62,087
i also initially thought the same, but with my ears, they're not just form a seal and just sit there (like earbuds), but they are just outright dislodged :sweat_smile:

when i put it "just resting" on the ears, it does sound airy and not too boomy on the midbass. i would definitely try experiment with other eartips (maybe some foams) as i do like this other than the fit problem.

oo, and another thing, even with full seal, this one doesn't thump too much.. it's comparable to the Nillkin Go, as a matter of fact. i can eat and chew without hearing it loudly in my head. I'll try using it tomorrow for riding (bumpy road and helmet is my ultimate thump test) it still fit under my half face helmet. I'll report back tomorrow

Let us know how it goes. I would have thought that running would be the ultimate thump test, unless there's no suspension on your bike and you have hard rubber tires ? :wink: Ah unfortunately my Nillkin Go order got cancelled by AliExpress for some reason so I won't be able to see if they also work for me without "the thump" while running :frowning2:

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:32 AM Post #16,284 of 62,087
RHA true connect 99 today for Black Friday. Not worth 169 but at 99 these are a pretty nice option. Upper tier sound quality and I assume they’ve fixed the early connection issues. Also available in a nice navy blue and white.

Nov 28, 2019 at 9:51 AM Post #16,285 of 62,087
@Caipirina - have you received the x12 ultra? I received the X12 v2 and gave them a quick try. Other than the color (red!) I can't tell them apart from the Lezzii X12. Feel better about having a spare as I do all my running with them.

I received the X12 non-Ultra (Pro / no AptX) in all black ... and they are awesome, used them on several runs so far, testing out with foams / wings / both ... unfortunately I fear I got some sweat inside the right bud today, first it felt like there was no sound coming at all anymore, but now after a while of drying there is about 70% of volume back, I hope they will recover.
They have a much more stable connection than my 4.2 LeziiX12

Tomorrow I try the APP for running :)

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:00 AM Post #16,287 of 62,087
I received the X12 non-Ultra (Pro / no AptX) in all black ... and they are awesome, used them on several runs so far, testing out with foams / wings / both ... unfortunately I fear I got some sweat inside the right bud today, first it felt like there was no sound coming at all anymore, but now after a while of drying there is about 70% of volume back, I hope they will recover.
They have a much more stable connection than my 4.2 LeziiX12

Tomorrow I try the APP for running :)

Let us know how that goes, I can't say I was really impressed in spite of the "pressure vent" hype...and running with ANC just made some weird sounds.

Sorry to hear about the volume loss. I took them for a run today to make sure they worked ok and I got one disconnect in a place where I don't usually get a disconnect with my Lezii that have been generally very stable. Might have been a fluke. I don't run in very interference prone areas usually but BT 5.0 might come in handy I suppose.
I put the little "drilled foams" on them and was a bit disappointed by the sound at first compared to what I remembered of the Lezii. I think it comes down to having used the much clearer Echo Buds a lot lately (not for running) but after a while I got used to the SQ, my ears/brains 'burned in" :wink:

Nov 28, 2019 at 10:09 AM Post #16,288 of 62,087
Would you be so kind as to compare the libratone, 75t, and l2p case size and Mic call quality?
IMG_20191128_084025716.jpg
Overall, all 3 are pretty small but as you can see, the L2P is larger than the 75t and Libratone cases. Call quality on both the 75t and Libratone are excellent, both sounding virtuallyindistinguishable from calls made from my phone. I haven't yet made any calls from the Liberty.

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2019 at 10:40 AM Post #16,290 of 62,087
I don't. Are you using the stock grey and orange tips? I know a lot of folks say the L2pro have too much bass, but with the Spiral Dots, they are perfect.

I'm good with the higher bass quantity. And i don't think it has anything to do with the tips. I've used stock and custom tips, very obvious distortion only on the Acoustic eq. I guess I'll email Anker to see what they think

Users who are viewing this thread

Back