Gods bedamn you 3g ipod.
Nov 5, 2007 at 1:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

Duggeh

Indeed
Plugged in my old 3g ipod, hadnt used it since forever, wanted to check it was still working (to use in car or to sell)

the very millisecond that i connected the firewire cable my PC spontaniously restarted, and now, all of my firefox favourites have vanished, gone lost. This is such a massive inconvenience.

Back up your favourites chaps and chapettes, because until you lose them youll forget how much your speedy internet checking relies on them,

Also a big middle finger salute to my iffy old ipod. spontanious reboot on one firewire port, only charging on the other and nothing on the USB.

[size=large]¬_¬[/size]

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #3 of 10
I lost my firefox favorites once, and found a way to restore them. do some googling, I can't remember how I did it. I do remember that it was important to NOT go poking around into the folders, or add any new favorites, or really fiddle with bookmarks at all.

good luck.

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:56 AM Post #4 of 10
I'd throw a little blame towards Firefox too. Then again that's what Del.icio.us, Google Bookmarks, etc. is for.
wink.gif

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I lost my firefox favorites once, and found a way to restore them. do some googling, I can't remember how I did it. I do remember that it was important to NOT go poking around into the folders, or add any new favorites, or really fiddle with bookmarks at all.

good luck.

this has happened to me before as well. Blame firefox, not your ipod.

Nov 5, 2007 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by skudmunky /img/forum/go_quote.gif

good luck.

I owe you a pint. Or sexual favours, or my soul. Until I'd read that I had resigned to despair.

Bless ye.

And hold that pint in reserve until however long it is before I meet you. I'm good for it.

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:26 AM Post #7 of 10
C:\Documents and Settings\[your windows account's name]\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\[string of letters and numbers].default\bookmarkbackups

That is the path to your bookmark backups folder if you are working in windows.
Go to the "Bookarks" dropdown menu in firefox.
Click "Organize Bookmarks..."
The Bookmarks manager will open.
From there go to the "File" dropdown menu.
Click import.
Select "From File"
Click "Next"
Browse to your bookmark backups folder and select a file in that folder from a date before you lost all your bookmarks.
Click "Open"

Nov 5, 2007 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 10
Aleady done. All of my 100s of bookmarks are restored.

Lord knows how I'd ever reconstruct all of those links to.. err, forums, and erm.. hi-fi reviews otherwise.

And then theres my ****ing ass **** double **** hairy **** German dwarf **** fetish **** links, lord knows how I'd get by without those.

Nov 5, 2007 at 7:05 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Aleady done. All of my 100s of bookmarks are restored.

Lord knows how I'd ever reconstruct all of those links to.. err, forums, and erm.. hi-fi reviews otherwise.

And then theres my ****ing ass **** double **** hairy **** German dwarf **** fetish **** links, lord knows how I'd get by without those.

i doubted your sexuality before this post, but hey,
tongue.gif
(|) goes a long way

Users who are viewing this thread

Back