God (or somebody) help me
Jul 13, 2008 at 11:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Stevtt

500+ Head-Fier
Ok, I had started a thread a few days ago about wanting to upgrade from a HD590 and the RS 1 was mentioned so I just took the leap and ordered a pair.

Now I think I'll spend the rest of the evening going back through all the RS 1 threads and second guessing myself.

I know, say goodbye to my wallet

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:04 AM Post #2 of 16
Relax. You're going to love them. I was nervous when I ordered mine two years ago but it only took about a minute of listening to know they were worth it. I think the same thing will happen to you. You'll have a big smile and will stay up half the night listening to your favorite music.

Oh, have you tried vacuum tubes yet?

TJ%20Fullmusic%20300B+%20.jpg

What's that saying about wallets?

*cues evil laughter*

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:13 AM Post #4 of 16
...and if they they don't suit your tastes right away, give them time to burn in, and to let your ears adjust to the grado sound signature. Like Uncle Erik said, wait until you here them with a good tube amp.
wink.gif

Enjoy.

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:20 AM Post #5 of 16
Yeah, I believe it was Uncle Erik who already planted the Tube amp seed in the last thread. I'll try them with my Hornet and see how they sound.

Going to hell quickly here

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:28 AM Post #6 of 16
Yeah, Uncle Erik's got even ME looking at tubes.
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
Enjoy your woodies.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 12:34 AM Post #7 of 16
Relax, you'll LOVE the RS-1s. I think you're doing it right, just jump right to the top of the line.
Report back when you get these. I'm listening to mine right now and they are wonderful.

Jul 14, 2008 at 1:26 AM Post #9 of 16
I bought the RS-1 for full retail (Headroom pricing), and after having the RS-1 for a few days before returning it, I would never buy a high-end Grado for full retail.

Regardless though, even if it turns out you don't like the RS-1, you can always sell it here on Head-Fi; it'll be snatched up by the end of the day!
wink.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 7:42 AM Post #11 of 16
Relax! The RS1 is a fine headphones, so I am quite sure you will enjoy it.

Jul 14, 2008 at 9:26 AM Post #12 of 16
I hated my SR225's when I first got them, and the day after too. But, as of right now, I love how they sound. They came right up to my expectations, and probably with a better source and amp, will surpass it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 14, 2008 at 9:50 AM Post #13 of 16
The RS-1 are indeed good cans. I always think they sound a bit "thin" after swapping from HD650, but when the ears have adjusted to their sound signature, the magic comes back.

Jul 14, 2008 at 10:35 AM Post #15 of 16
Quote:

Originally Posted by Stevtt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I had been contemplating this for a while. I was at the Toom Petty concert Friday night and suddenly wondered what it would have sounded like on the Rs 1.

Probably very good
smily_headphones1.gif
The Mudcrutch album sounds quite nice, especially the vinyl master CD.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back