GOD, I wouldn't trade my grados for any damn mini system now !!!!!!
Jul 7, 2002 at 10:17 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Kryogen

100+ Head-Fier
I asked a while ago why you could have so much in a mini stereo system for so low $.

Well, I went to visit my family this weekend and my cousins had a 150$ mini system or something, and I put in my cd, and GAWD IT SUCKED. You couldn't hear any bass, hight, anything. That was the crappiest music I have ever heard.

I then listened to my cd on the 200$ speaker system on the computer, and GAWD IT SUCKED! Yes, there was a sub doing boom boom and stuff, there were SOME highs, bah..

Bad at home, I try my headphones. AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!! A world of difference. The music is so sharp and clear it's unbelievable.

Ends like this
wink.gif

Jul 8, 2002 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 26
I always though cool looking loud banging mini systems were damn cool, while in fact, they truly suck!

AND also, I've discovered that I really liked music a couple of months ago, something I never knew.

=)

Jul 8, 2002 at 3:32 AM Post #7 of 26
Ive been waiting on my rs1's for a while grrr. I can't wait to join team grado ^.^

Biggie.

Jul 8, 2002 at 11:41 AM Post #9 of 26
the headphones i got cost more than the mini systems at my local store.
whatever. pay the cost to be the boss!
md

Jul 8, 2002 at 11:55 AM Post #10 of 26
I have Grados, but I don't feel the need to join a team for them.
You could join mine though
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jul 8, 2002 at 4:25 PM Post #12 of 26
Quote:

PC speakers and Mini systems are for losers!

rolleyes.gif

Maybe it would be more appropriate to say that they simply don't sound as good as most headphones. There's nothing wrong with a person because of their choice in audio gear.

In my book, if someone doesn't know any better and enjoys PC speakers/mini systems/Sony Vx00 cans, then they should be educated. Uneducated people are only losers if they refuse to listen.

If they have been properly educated and heard some stuff that most people think sounds better, yet they like the sound of their system, and/or cannot afford to upgrade, then they are as much of a "winner" as anyone here who is constantly striving to find new ways to enjoy sound.

Jul 8, 2002 at 6:15 PM Post #13 of 26
Quote:

Originally posted by radrd

rolleyes.gif

Maybe it would be more appropriate to say that they simply don't sound as good as most headphones. There's nothing wrong with a person because of their choice in audio gear.

In my book, if someone doesn't know any better and enjoys PC speakers/mini systems/Sony Vx00 cans, then they should be educated. Uneducated people are only losers if they refuse to listen.

If they have been properly educated and heard some stuff that most people think sounds better, yet they like the sound of their system, and/or cannot afford to upgrade, then they are as much of a "winner" as anyone here who is constantly striving to find new ways to enjoy sound.

I enjoy my Klipsch computer speakers quite a bit. THey are about as good as it gets for computer speakers. Altec and Logitech (lesser so) sound pretty nice also. But I also use headphones on my computer setup, so I am hybrid, what does that make me?
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 8, 2002 at 6:24 PM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

But I also use headphones on my computer setup, so I am hybrid, what does that make me?

Exactly.
smily_headphones1.gif

I'm in the same boat. I use Klipsch 5.1 speakers to watch movies and play games because I like the extreme nature of the sub. I also own Etys and HD280 Pros. I know that the headphones technically have better sound, and I enjoy listening to music through the headphones more than the speakers, but for movies and games, the speakers are just better (to my ears). Furthermore, sometimes I need to do some cleaning or something and headphones aren't really practical even for music, so, god forbid, I listen to music from my Klipsch speakers. I turn the sub way down, and it is still a bit too boomy, but it's not like my ears bleed. I can still enjoy the music very much even though I know it will sound better out of my headphones.

Are klipschter and I losers? I don't think so.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back