god i hate battlefield 3
Feb 27, 2012 at 9:10 PM Post #125 of 345
I love BATTLEFIELD 3. I get a lot of satisfaction from trolling campers and USAS spammers.

C4 + Jeep = Success. Successful troll is successful.. I mean load the Jeep up with C4 and drive it toward a guy camping in a tank, bail out and detonate. I love it!

Or maybe find a camper, putting C4 on him, detonate.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:22 PM Post #126 of 345
Its a terrible game that upsets a few hundred thousand players.  The maps are too big, enemies are too hard to distinguish for some people and its just incessant swearing for no reason.  Basically, the game is an insanely hot women with severe psychological problems, problems you don't notice when you pick her up at the bar and realize nobody else was hitting on her for a reason and once you take her back home you realize you made a huge mistake.

Feb 27, 2012 at 9:30 PM Post #127 of 345

Quote:
I love BATTLEFIELD 3. I get a lot of satisfaction from trolling campers and USAS spammers.

C4 + Jeep = Success. Successful troll is successful.. I mean load the Jeep up with C4 and drive it toward a guy camping in a tank, bail out and detonate. I love it!

haha yeah that is where it's at, so many noobs play BF3 it is amazing.  Not enough people troll autoshotty baddies - autoshotty is strictly for noobs who just bought the game yesterday and don't know better.  I have no idea where most of the pros are but its not in the pubs I play.

C4 is pretty mad but I hardly use it enough as it is very risky to use if the enemy is cluey.

Feb 27, 2012 at 11:35 PM Post #129 of 345
The biggest problem I have with the game is the crummy maps. Most of them are WAY too big. I miss maps like: Arica Harbor, White Pass, Laguna Presa, and Oasis. Both Heavy Metal and Harvest Day were BY FAR my two most unfavorite maps, and those are the most reminiscent of BF3 maps. I mean, really DICE? Even the Back to Karkand expansion kinda sucks. I'm glad we got new weapons and such, but the maps aren't even fun. Why can't we have more maps like the good old days? Heck, I'd love to see more maps like Operation Metro on conquest, aka indoor tight action (with less choke points of course). And it seems like vehicles are the main thing in BF3. A lot of maps on BC2, you get a IFV at best; so it keeps a lot of the action on foot. That I liked. But I'd go to say, in a general sense, the gameplay of BC2 was superior. And the maps were downright heads-and-shoulders above BF3 maps.

Quote:
Anyway - they have a HUGE patch update coming for BF3 and "snipers are reasonably close range should kill in 1 shot to the upper chest"
Now sniping can become a little more fun.

Pisses me off when I quick scope (don't flame me) a guy at close range..and see only 60% health his lost -> I'm like, yeah sure a machine gun kills me, and a .50 cal doesn't blow you across the map? Yeah right.

One of my favorite kits on BC2 (I played it a lot, was a level 50 of course) was the M50 spec / red dot / magnum ammo. My first platinum was the N2000 / slugs / magnum ammo. Both gave me one shot kills at close range when hit in the torso. Slugs on BF3 are about the most worthless excuse for a weapon I've ever seen. 2-3 point blank, 5-6 at long range? Really? Bolt action snipers unfortunately take 2 hits at close range as well, even though *technically speaking* its shooting a bullet capable of piercing through tank armor. Dunno, I guess I can complain all day about everything they did wrong, or everything that is unbalanced; but I guess that doesn't put forth any good. I still have enjoyed the game nonetheless, I just wish it could be more like BC2.

Quote:

I will admit, I've *tested* the USAS with frag before. It was pretty fun sniping snipers with a shotgun that had a scope on it...

Some of my favorite moments in that game involved shooting a guided missile from a jet at a jeep with C4 all over it. Massive explosion that echos across the map. Love it!

Will admit, LOVED C4 in BC2, not really a fan in BF3. I think I have like 400 kills with it in BC2, and like 5 in BF3.

Feb 28, 2012 at 2:51 AM Post #131 of 345

BC2 is the only FPS I play atm but the game that still gets most of my time is COH. Something about telling all those little army men to kill each other that is so satisfying. Picking up Battlefront II now.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:04 PM Post #132 of 345
Things are pretty balanced (obviously a few things need tweaking) but I really dislike that they're changing bolt-actions to OHK.  Maps are perfect (need more larger ones like Caspian IMO) if your playing on PC, I guess they're too big for console players.

Quote:
The biggest problem I have with the game is the crummy maps. Most of them are WAY too big. I miss maps like: Arica Harbor, White Pass, Laguna Presa, and Oasis. Both Heavy Metal and Harvest Day were BY FAR my two most unfavorite maps, and those are the most reminiscent of BF3 maps. I mean, really DICE? Even the Back to Karkand expansion kinda sucks. I'm glad we got new weapons and such, but the maps aren't even fun. Why can't we have more maps like the good old days? Heck, I'd love to see more maps like Operation Metro on conquest, aka indoor tight action (with less choke points of course). And it seems like vehicles are the main thing in BF3. A lot of maps on BC2, you get a IFV at best; so it keeps a lot of the action on foot. That I liked. But I'd go to say, in a general sense, the gameplay of BC2 was superior. And the maps were downright heads-and-shoulders above BF3 maps.

One of my favorite kits on BC2 (I played it a lot, was a level 50 of course) was the M50 spec / red dot / magnum ammo. My first platinum was the N2000 / slugs / magnum ammo. Both gave me one shot kills at close range when hit in the torso. Slugs on BF3 are about the most worthless excuse for a weapon I've ever seen. 2-3 point blank, 5-6 at long range? Really? Bolt action snipers unfortunately take 2 hits at close range as well, even though *technically speaking* its shooting a bullet capable of piercing through tank armor. Dunno, I guess I can complain all day about everything they did wrong, or everything that is unbalanced; but I guess that doesn't put forth any good. I still have enjoyed the game nonetheless, I just wish it could be more like BC2.

I will admit, I've *tested* the USAS with frag before. It was pretty fun sniping snipers with a shotgun that had a scope on it...

Some of my favorite moments in that game involved shooting a guided missile from a jet at a jeep with C4 all over it. Massive explosion that echos across the map. Love it!

Will admit, LOVED C4 in BC2, not really a fan in BF3. I think I have like 400 kills with it in BC2, and like 5 in BF3.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:21 PM Post #133 of 345
Don't understand all the hate for this game, I find this game thoroughly entertaining. Especially with a full squad with friends with chat going, it's extremely fun when a strategy is executed to perfection. And the maps are good on PC, although I usually play 48-64 conquest. If anything, some of the maps such as Damavand and Metro are way too small and linear for 64 players. On 32 rush though, very good.

I might add, this game never should've been designed for both consoles and PC from the start. In my opinion, 24 players can't capture the Battlefield feel of the game.

Feb 28, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #134 of 345
cookie:

As we are comparing it to what the "real battlefield" games in the past have been like.

This just feels like a rushed game, to be released before COD, and some COD aspects incorporated I absolutely hate.
I feel the lack of "this is battlefield" 

Played BC2 just several days ago -> THOROUGHLY enjoyed it. Even ended up being near last on the leaderboards, I had SO MUCH FUN (i was rusty) -BF3 just pisses me off.

Feb 28, 2012 at 3:55 PM Post #135 of 345
I really wanted to love BF3 since I hated Bad Company 2.  I think the game improved very much so, but something is missing.  Must not be my style.  I do enjoy sniping a lot in the game, but it doesn't feel like I contribute to the team much even if I spot.  Playing with friends is pretty fun when I get the chance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back