Goalllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!
Jun 17, 2002 at 9:11 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

grancasa

100+ Head-Fier
US WINS US WINS US WINS US WINS

Stomped those cheap-shot head-butting putas!! Yeah baby, that's what I'm talkin about. US soccer world domination! (aight, I'm just happy to be in the TOP 8 IN THE WORLD!!) But look how far we've come: France, gone. Portugal, gone. Mexico, gone. Ireland, home to drink it off. US ALL THE WAY BABY!!! GERMANY, prepare for the Bliztkreig! I'm looking to see US vs. England in the finals, and I want someone to kick Beckham right in his nuts! I want to hear them dong like Big Ben. YEAH!!! Or if we just win I'll be happy too. Go US!.

Jun 17, 2002 at 9:39 AM Post #2 of 14
I'm really sorry that you don't want to support Team USA.

That's okay. Maybe one more win and you'll start to get excited.

Meanwhile:

USA USA USA USA

Jun 17, 2002 at 1:58 PM Post #3 of 14
Poland 3-1.

Oh wait. . .
very_evil_smiley.gif

Jun 17, 2002 at 6:36 PM Post #5 of 14
USA hasn't really played the big guns yet, Teams like Italy, Brazil, Argentina, Germany, (Holland, shame they didn't make it) and England are the real test. Portugal never do well in World Cups, Spain never got past the Quarter Finals.

Just wait until you play Germany, this may not be their strongest side but they have never failed to make it to the Quarter Finals in ANY World Cup or European Cup competition.

Jun 17, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 14
How to be an ******* when your team wins:

“It shows we’re the No. 1 team in the region,” said Luke Kelley of Denver. “Usually Mexico uses the excuse they didn’t bring their best team. They can’t say that at the World Cup.”

How to be gracious:

"The U.S. team showed more guts than Mexico," said Ramiro Gonzalez Perez of La Opinion, a Spanish newspaper in the U.S.

Which will you be? I don't agree with Nike. Second place is still worth something.

Jun 18, 2002 at 12:26 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by KR...
I am just happy with are still in it, but we haven't played any good teams yet, then the dream will be over
frown.gif

I'm not sure whether playing Germany really qualifies as playing a good team (this year).

Jun 18, 2002 at 2:52 AM Post #9 of 14
Uh, I'd say Germany's pretty damn good. I pick them to win it. If the US plays well against them, I think we can say the American team is very good this year.

kerelybonto

Jun 18, 2002 at 3:18 AM Post #10 of 14
Ha, I thought this thread was about Goa Trance and belonged in the music forum, lol.

Anyways, I do research at a university for physics and a lot of the guys around here aren't from this country. It's fun to follow the world cup with them, and it was cool today to see everyone talk about the game. The guys from out of the country were like "hey man USA over Mexico! How do you like that?" which was kind of fun.

Jun 18, 2002 at 3:52 AM Post #11 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by legoman

I'm not sure whether playing Germany really qualifies as playing a good team (this year).

??? Have you been following the matches/results at all?

Jun 18, 2002 at 5:14 AM Post #12 of 14
Did anyone see the guy with long hair prancing toward the ball in the USgoal box? he was the one who also took a dive.
mad.gif

what pisses me even more is the cheap head butt on Kobe Jones.
mad.gif
mad.gif
mad.gif

but atleast in the end the US won.

Jun 18, 2002 at 2:17 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally posted by geom_tol

??? Have you been following the matches/results at all?

Ok, maybe the Germans themselves (incl. me) unfairly compare the current team to previous teams. They may be semi-decent compared to other teams in this world cup, but on an absolute scale, they are not a great or even very good team. Not that Germany every won by playing beautiful football/soccer... it was always the result that counted and so far I guess one can't complain in that respect.

Jun 18, 2002 at 2:35 PM Post #14 of 14
Well, they're getting talked at, especially after that last game, but really, there aren't any great teams this year. Brazil's not expected to roll over everyone, like they always are (and never do). Germany's solid, even if their style is kind of ugly. And I don't think they'll have a big problem with the US, unfortunately, which gives them a much better shot at making the semis than any other team has.

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back