Go-Vibe version differences
Mar 25, 2006 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

deez

Head-Fier
I've been reading about Norm's famous Go-Vibe line of amps and I'm interested to hear what is known about the various differences between versions. Anyone have anything from the old website or anything? It would be most interesting. I'm particularly interested in what changed from v3 to v4, but any differences from first to last version would be nice to know about. Any info appreciated.
Thanks

Mar 26, 2006 at 4:01 AM Post #2 of 3
I was able to dig this much form archives http://72.14.203.104/search?q=cache:...s&ct=clnk&cd=1....It's only the Govibe-3 not the 4...I have the 4 and correct me if I am wrong I think the main difference with the 4 was the availibility of the AD8397 op amp (to which I have
smily_headphones1.gif
) and with the AD8397 it is soldered in and no op amp rolling availible, the availibilty of a blue led? I know my 4 has a blue LED
smily_headphones1.gif
and lastly the availibility of a dc jack as I don't see it mentioned with the 3, mine came with a regulated SPC SPC9707 power supply. (I bought my 4 used)

3.4”L x 2.25”W x 1”H

I am pleased to announce an updated version of the go-vibe V3. It is identical in all respects with the exception of the end panels. The aluminum end panels are still CNC machined just not engraved. As a result of this change and some increased purchasing power, I am able to offer this latest version at just $69US + shipping!

The standard AD8066 op-amp ensures the go-vibe has a very neutral and dynamic sound with fast, tight bass, clear midrange and a well-extended treble. The op-amp is socketed to allow simple plug-in replacement.

OPA2227 $4
Dual AD825s $14
Dual OPA551s $14
AD8620 $20

Specifications
Exclusive professional go-vibe V3 PCB
1% metal film resistors (hand matched to .1%)
2 x Panasonic 1800uF power supply caps
Panasonic EVJ 50K potentiometer
AD8066AR op-amp
Op-amp is socketed for easy user replacement
TLE2426 buffered virtual ground
Switchcraft mini input and headphone jacks
Grayhill precision micro toggle switch
Choice of red or green LED
Eagle silver aluminum volume knob
Hammond black aluminum case (3.4”L x 2.25”W x 1”H)
Custom CNC machined aluminum end panels
Single 9v battery power
80 hour battery life
1 year warranty

Mar 26, 2006 at 7:39 AM Post #3 of 3
I grabbed a v4 prototype from Norm when he announced the closing of shop. From what I understand, it's a v4 in all ways except the AD8397 isn't soldered in...I have OPA551's in there to match up with my Grado HF-1's. The sound is really outstanding...rich bass, clear and crisp resolution. Nice.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back