Go-VIBE Petite with DAC: too little power?
Jul 15, 2008 at 4:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

sk007

100+ Head-Fier
I just received a Petite with DAC earlier today, and I'm using it to power my Denon D2000's via Foobar2000/ASIO4ALL. On my personal scale of zero sound, being say level 0, to maximum sound my ears would ever handle, being level 10, the petite only powers the Denon's to level of 4~5. Is this normal?

although I do like the amp's cleanness and decent bass.

Jul 15, 2008 at 4:51 AM Post #2 of 15
Whats the volume level of your pc/laptop? You may push a bit up, cos my have plenty of power when I use it through LOD or my Laptop, however not driving denons, but esw9 or others in my sig.

Jul 15, 2008 at 5:16 AM Post #3 of 15
i'm not using system's volume control. The output in foobar is set to ASIO4ALL -> petite. so not much of volume control on the computer end.

Jul 15, 2008 at 9:41 AM Post #4 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by sk007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i'm not using system's volume control. The output in foobar is set to ASIO4ALL -> petite. so not much of volume control on the computer end.

yes but with foobar you can adjust the volume. maybe the volume on foobar isnt high enough?

Jul 15, 2008 at 10:26 AM Post #5 of 15
Yeah, considering that the default factory gain is 9 (high), and the Denons are low impedance, I doubt you should have trouble driving them. Did you check the foobar volume as suggested?

Jul 15, 2008 at 12:13 PM Post #7 of 15
The source is the issue, always was. Check the output volume
cool.gif

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by anadin /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I just sold a RSA Predator and neither the DAC or Amp could power my Denon AHD2000 properly, bloated bass and muted highs.

So that should give you some indication.

actually I think the Petite is driving the Denon's pretty well, although now I have trouble the crank up the volume to see the performance at higher gains.

Jul 15, 2008 at 3:52 PM Post #10 of 15
I just tried my shure E2c's, grado KSC75's, and panny RP-HTx7's, the petite drives them all to just ok volume when maxed.

is there any other way in foobar to turn up the volume other than the volume bar (which actually have a max gain of 1 or 0db).

Jul 15, 2008 at 7:56 PM Post #12 of 15
ok, my bad. I always thought the system volume control only effects the sound card output that is selected for the system. now problem solved. thanks guys.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:00 PM Post #13 of 15
So, how is it sound now
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by sk007 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ok, my bad. I always thought the system volume control only effects the sound card output that is selected for the system. now problem solved. thanks guys.

Jul 15, 2008 at 8:48 PM Post #14 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blackmore /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So, how is it sound now
biggrin.gif

well I don't have my full size cans with me right now. I only have a pair of panny RP-HTX7s, which is not really improved by much compared to my Creative sound card. but will see how it goes with D2000s and some other later today.

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:21 PM Post #15 of 15
Sorry to steal this thread
smily_headphones1.gif
but have Go-Vibe Petite and Suprer fi 5 pro and i have question: Should I lower the gain setting (default now is 9) on Go-vibe? UE Super Fi5 Pro has impedance of 21 ohm .

When turn volumn jsut to 8 o'clock, it's already too loud and hurt my ears
smily_headphones1.gif

thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back