Go-Vibe Petite vs ibasso d2 boa
Jul 29, 2008 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Vinny77

100+ Head-Fier
On the topic iof Go-Vibe Petite vs ibasso d2 boa. Is there really any difference, which one is better, I cant seem to come up with a clear decision.

Plan to use from PC(X-fi music or audigy 2 zs) and Ipod.

Jul 30, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #2 of 11
Either way you'll be happy - flip a coin and pick.

I'm not sure either though are wise choices with the HD600 given their power output.

People say it will work, but my 50ohm sony's can get loud with the D2 boa but it might lack a bit of bite with the 600s.

petite is considered to have better extension in the highs, has great portability with AAAs. but the D2 is tiny too. D2 boa is very slick though IMO for it's price and DAC is better.

D2 boa has loyal base on here too lol - that says a lot.

I would also consider the 2Move in your situation if you can afford the extra $$$.

Aug 13, 2008 at 4:30 AM Post #4 of 11
iBasso D2 is currently listed as Sold Out on their website, so updated models are expected soon.

Aug 13, 2008 at 5:12 AM Post #5 of 11
Both amps are great. The Boa sounds better coming out of the PC, and also a tad more neutral than the Petite. The Petite still sounds great, don't get me wrong, and the form factor is smaller than the Boa. For both amp's price point, can't go wrong with either. And just a note, both Boa and Petite have built in DACs, so you don't need to run them out of a onboard soundcard.

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:03 AM Post #9 of 11
i was just about to ask this question but realized a topic exists.

Considering both are Great Amps ...but which is a better DAC when used with laptop?

Oct 5, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #10 of 11
i can buy today itself if someone can answer..

me too totally confused

Users who are viewing this thread

Back