Go-Vibe Petite is a great little thing
Jul 12, 2008 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

michaelv20850

Head-Fier
Just received Go-Vibe Petite+DAC. I connect it to Ipod Classic with headphone line out and use it with Ipod earplug. The sound is awesome , much improved to Ipod alone.

I'm sure the sound will be much better with LOD cable and UE super fi 5 Pro (still waiting for the delivery).

Just a short question: how long does it take for the amp to burn-in?

thanks.

Jul 12, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #2 of 14
I burned mine in and noticed it settled almost immediately...but by 100hrs it was pretty plateaued.

If you have the chance...listen to the GoVibe MAGNUM. That thing really is a wonder...it's a BEAST.

Jul 12, 2008 at 11:29 PM Post #3 of 14
Is it just me, or does Go-Vibe sound like something battery operated a lady keeps hidden in her purse?
eek.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by michaelv20850 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just received Go-Vibe Petite+DAC. I connect it to Ipod Classic with headphone line out and use it with Ipod earplug. The sound is awesome , much improved to Ipod alone.

I'm sure the sound will be much better with LOD cable and UE super fi 5 Pro (still waiting for the delivery).

Just a short question: how long does it take for the amp to burn-in?

thanks.

Mine took around 100 + hours to sound great already. Then it got to more than 1000 hours, as it was just the amp that I want with me day after day... as it's best on the go for its petite size and easy to replace AAA batteries.

It sure is a Great little monster that drives my ultra portable rig of Sansa Clip & UM1 superbly. No veil, nice clarity and good bass.

I am so sad when I can't find my precious Petite in my bag yesterday when I got home. If only I was amping my Sansa Clip... then it could not have been lost. (sigh) Now just got to bear with the loss till I finally get my hands on my next amp.
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #5 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I burned mine in and noticed it settled almost immediately...but by 100hrs it was pretty plateaued.

If you have the chance...listen to the GoVibe MAGNUM. That thing really is a wonder...it's a BEAST.

How I wish I have the "beast" too... especially now since the loss of my precious well burnt-in Petite.
mad.gif

But my fingers on the trigger for a Predator
tongue.gif
and I just don't have further funds for it. I like the magnum 3 easily switchable gain settings and the nice bass (though not at max bass level for me).

Now the only "Magnum" I am enjoying now is a "Magnum" chocolate ice-cream.
frown.gif

Jul 13, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #6 of 14
Thanks for all response.

I like its size since it's small and easy to slip in the pocket. The bass to me is good. THe amount of bass depends on how you position earplug as well. I am using the earbug that comes with Ipod classic . WHen i put a little pressure on the plug , i can hear deep and punchy bass. I hope i can get better sound when i receive Super Fi 5 pro.

One question: When i plug Go-Vibe into laptop (which has on-board soundcard, i think), it works great. However, when i plug it in my PC, i can't hear a thing. Note that i have Creative Soundcard intalled in pc at PCI slot since PC on-board sourndcard is dead.

Any solution would be greatly appreciated,.

thanks.

Jul 23, 2008 at 9:33 PM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by oicdn /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Yeah, I saw one of these over at Uncle Wilson's site recently and it's got me thinking.
rolleyes.gif

Jul 25, 2008 at 7:52 AM Post #10 of 14
to me, it's not that good. i was using a klipsch custom3 for testing but it hiss somewhat. it brings out the mids but the highs and bass are just a bit laid back.

Jul 28, 2008 at 1:50 PM Post #11 of 14
Maybe it's about synergy.

I really, really enjoy Ipod Classic / Go Vibe Petite / Sleek Audio Treble+ Bass+.

It hits the nail on the head for me. Just enough highs, airy, detailed. Mids, not in my face, not too distant, just right )for me) and lows of high quality, but never bloated.

Should keep me happy for a while.

Jul 29, 2008 at 11:56 AM Post #12 of 14
Thanks for the reviews guys, I think I'm going to get one once the money comes in. It is only $126 in Hong Kong (well, it is sold under the "Soundrigor" brand, but it looks the same and says Go Vibe Petite on the amp).

Aug 6, 2008 at 9:28 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by Covenant /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is it just me, or does Go-Vibe sound like something battery operated a lady keeps hidden in her purse?
eek.gif

No it doesn't
rolleyes.gif
. By the way I heard Janben will be releasing a new model soon, after the Petite and Magnum meet the Go-Vibe Trojan XL
tongue_smile.gif
. Beware! 5000 hours and lots of lubricants needed to settle in. After its release all Petite owners will remove the name "Petite" from their signature.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back