Go team Sony MDR-V900!!!!
Aug 20, 2002 at 9:18 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

acidtripwow

Headphoneus Supremus
I was waiting for the train this morning and noticed some guy jumping up and down waiting for the train too. After I took a closer look he was actually playing air guitar and really having a good old time. He had a Panasonic Shockwave PCDP attached to his belt and had on a pair of closed headphones. I knew they were Sony MDR-V900 headphones since I have a pair and knew what they looked like. So I know at least one other person has a pair of these and from what I could tell he was really enjoying them.
biggrin.gif

sonymdrv900.jpg

Aug 20, 2002 at 9:37 PM Post #3 of 34
Yeah go team go!

(Except for the Air Guitar thing... that would let the image down)

Aug 20, 2002 at 11:03 PM Post #4 of 34
/covers as many newbies' ears as he can reach
eek.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 1:25 AM Post #6 of 34
I owned a pair and *tried* to DJ with them for about 8 months. They're at least entertaining cans in a MDR-VXX sort of way.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 1:49 AM Post #7 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
<sniper team, go. Prepare to eliminate target>

We can't let this get out. . .
smily_headphones1.gif

Ready to deploy
very_evil_smiley.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 9:24 AM Post #10 of 34
V900 suck especially if you try to recall how much sony asks for them. For that price you can buy Beyer DT770 or DT 831 and an amp with some change to spare, not to talk about the much better sound you'll be gettin from the Beyer/amp combo.

Aug 21, 2002 at 2:50 PM Post #11 of 34
blr, that may be true in Europe - but here in the States the average selling prices for the Beyers alone (without an amp) are equal to or higher than the average "discounted" price for the V900's. Furthermore (in the States), I can find a way better pair of Beyers that don't need an amp (but will sound better with one) at or nearly the same price point as the V900's: the DT250-80's.
tongue.gif

Aug 21, 2002 at 7:00 PM Post #13 of 34
I think that the v-900 are way better than any of the v-xx series. The v-900 sound very good to me for closed cans and can be driven by anything with out an amp. They sound even better with an amp. I would not buy the v-900 now that I know what I know but since I have had these for years I still enjoy them when I need some isolation and think that they sound very good. Of course my 580s are my top dogs as are my portapros and 35s for portable but I enjoy the v-900 every now and then.
PS
I have owned the v-600 and the v-700 and gave them away for free.

Aug 22, 2002 at 12:01 PM Post #14 of 34
Quote:

Originally posted by Eagle_Driver
blr, that may be true in Europe - but here in the States the average selling prices for the Beyers alone (without an amp) are equal to or higher than the average "discounted" price for the V900's. Furthermore (in the States), I can find a way better pair of Beyers that don't need an amp (but will sound better with one) at or nearly the same price point as the V900's: the DT250-80's.
tongue.gif

I gave this example just to sgow how bad value V900 are. Sure, DT 250 can be driven without an amp and sound considerably better than the V900.

Aug 15, 2003 at 4:35 AM Post #15 of 34
im not a so called audiophile (if thats how its spelled) but i just got a pair of brand new sony mdr-v900 from a freind who won them in a work lottery and I love these phones. I have some sennheisers 580 and i think the v900 sounds alot better. I listen to everything from jazz to rock to techno to rap and the 580s would almost just pass out from some the deep bass in the rap i listen to ----while the v900 handles it and looks at me and says--"that bass aint chit". like i said im just a music lover and by no means an audiophile but to me -------the sony v900s are da bomb. sony mdr-v900 4 life.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back