Go Big Or Go Home.
Jul 9, 2011 at 11:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

Trillian

New Head-Fier
heya,im looking to add headphone to my Current rig : TF10,cMoy,iPod

Budget : $250

I basically listen to All genres of music,looking for a fun sounding headphone with punchy bass and great vocals.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:41 AM Post #2 of 11
Do you need closed or would open work as well? If you need closed I would get the Ultrasone PRO 750.

Jul 9, 2011 at 11:44 AM Post #3 of 11
Anything really,but having closed opens up the possibility of it going portable. 

how would the 750s measure with the HD25? I've only heard of the HD25 and short sessions of the ATH-M50.

Jul 9, 2011 at 12:52 PM Post #6 of 11

Quote:
Anything really,but having closed opens up the possibility of it going portable. 

how would the 750s measure with the HD25? I've only heard of the HD25 and short sessions of the ATH-M50.

I'm not very familiar with the HD25 but I can tell you that the 750's are some of the best cans you can get for that price. They're overall neutral with an emphasis on the low end. I know that they would be darker than the HD25.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:11 PM Post #7 of 11

Quote:

I'm not very familiar with the HD25 but I can tell you that the 750's are some of the best cans you can get for that price. They're overall neutral with an emphasis on the low end. I know that they would be darker than the HD25.

How they can be neutral, if they emphasis the treble and the bass?  The most balanced one on the Ultrasones will be the PL/Pro-650. As well you can try some hps @ 35 ohms, like the GMP 8.35, M-50 .

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #8 of 11

Quote:

How they can be neutral, if they emphasis the bass?

Overall neutral, with the exception of the bass emphasis. Sorry that wasn't clear.

Jul 9, 2011 at 1:54 PM Post #10 of 11
I didn't say balanced, I said that there's a bass emphasis and the rest of the frequencies are overall neutral. But I get what you're saying, I'll avoid using the term in the future.
I didn't say they were boomy either. The bass is there but tight and it doesn't leak.

Jul 9, 2011 at 10:29 PM Post #11 of 11
SRH840 fit this description pretty well.  They are fairly neutral overall, but have a slight mid-bass emphasis- which is very tight unlike many other closed headphones with bass.  They're foldable and closed, but so large that I wouldn't call them portable.  You might consider using your iems for portable use and getting open headphones instead, which generally sound better than closed headphones imo.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back