Glastonbury Glastonbury, who's going to Glastonbury?
Apr 2, 2004 at 8:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

raymondlin

Architect &Musical Fidelity X-Man v2
Well, the tickets have all been sold out now, 112,000 tickets in just under 24 hours. Had about 4 hours sleep, all the other time trying to get me and my friends tickets online and phone. Anyway we all got a ticket.
biggrin.gif
$200 a ticket, and Glastonbury 2004, here I come !

So, anyone going there from this board? I know its not headphones related but it's MUSIC related. 3 days in a open field to listen to some of the best Artist to alive today, not to mention the alcohol and "substances" a lot of people will be taking
tongue.gif

p.s. the people on ebay are mad, currently £10million for a pair of tickets ! someone is not going to get paid
rolleyes.gif

Apr 2, 2004 at 11:23 PM Post #2 of 10
Well, what bands are gonna be there? Radiohead by any chance?

Apr 3, 2004 at 7:39 AM Post #4 of 10
Nah, I tried once to get through on the phoneline, but then... just couldn't be bothered...

Every year there is something else that tarnishes this event, a couple of years ago it was gatecrashers, last year it was touts, and this year its not being able to get a ticket full stop...

They'll have to start realising that they have more demand, than what they have supply....

Either way... have a great time Ray
smily_headphones1.gif

Apr 3, 2004 at 11:37 PM Post #6 of 10
wish i was there... i will go to a Glastonbury Festival before i die... as well as Reading Festival.

Apr 4, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #7 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by bong
wish i was there... i will go to a Glastonbury Festival before i die... as well as Reading Festival.

Been to both already
biggrin.gif

But Glastonbury is something more special, as it's held on a farm owned by 1 guy call Michael Eavis. And it's him who organise it every year and apply for permit to host it, and the guy is not getting any younger, he's been doing it for over 20 years, so it wont be forever.

Thats partly why i am going, going to have to experience this once in my life, and no regrets of missing it when it's all over. It's nothing like it around, its a BIG difference to gigs and concerts. You can't compare the 2.

Reading on the other hand is organised by a company call MEAN Fiddler, so it will be going as long as there is money to be made. It's still good, but its not the same as Glastonbury.

Apr 8, 2004 at 4:20 AM Post #9 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by raymondlin
Been to both already
biggrin.gif

lucky you!
mad.gif
tongue.gif

what i love about your festivals is that every year, there's loads of bands i'd love to see; whether it be Glastonbury, Reading, V, or T in the Park. every year i envy you guys across the pond because of these wonderful festivals.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back