Glass heads. Scary?
Nov 18, 2002 at 7:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

bangraman

Headphoneus Supremus
Odd question I know, but I wanted to know if any of you have glass heads for headphone storage lined up, and whether that creeps you out or not. It's just something that my friend mentioned when we were looking at the StoneAudio site.

Nov 18, 2002 at 7:35 PM Post #2 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
Odd question I know, but I wanted to know if any of you have glass heads for headphone storage lined up, and whether that creeps you out or not. It's just something that my friend mentioned when we were looking at the StoneAudio site.

I've got a regular and an Elvis. No, they don't creep me out at all. I think they're way cool...

cool.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 7:43 PM Post #4 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by bangraman
How about 4 in a line?
biggrin.gif

Hey, I'd dig having one for each of my phones (and that's a bunch). However, I don't have enough shelf space to line that many up!

tongue.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 7:43 PM Post #5 of 9
I've got a glass head on my night table. Doesn't bother me at all. [size=xx-small]Now if it were to start talking to me, that's another story...[/size]
biggrin.gif

Nov 18, 2002 at 8:10 PM Post #6 of 9
Well, it is my opinion that glass heads are truly creepy. Even just one of them. I went to the local Pier One to see the things in person... and they seem to peer into my soul and steal my essence of life. I'm afraid they'll pull a mannequin like in that 80's movie.

But hey, like my sig says... that's just, like, my opinion man.

Nov 18, 2002 at 9:19 PM Post #7 of 9
Hirsch had a couple at the meet Sunday. I think they're a little strange. I wouldn't ever use them to display my headphones unless my living room tends toward funhouse decor.

The RadioShack headset stands, on the other hand, are nicely unassuming, but they don't work extremely well for all headphones.

kerely

Nov 18, 2002 at 11:29 PM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally posted by LobsterSan
Well, it is my opinion that glass heads are truly creepy. Even just one of them. I went to the local Pier One to see the things in person... and they seem to peer into my soul and steal my essence of life. I'm afraid they'll pull a mannequin like in that 80's movie.

But hey, like my sig says... that's just, like, my opinion man.

Possibly sticking your HD280 on them might lessen the scary effect. You might even double up in laughter every time you see it
evil_smiley.gif
It seems that YOU (thanks to the photo) have scuppered my plans to get rid of the HD280 on this forum so these might be the first ones I leave to collect dust on a glass head
biggrin.gif

Seriously, I really have too many phones, but audiophile phones I don't want are really hard to get rid of at all, except to other audiophiles. The glass heads look like a way to allow them to lie around without looking too sad and lonely
wink.gif

Nov 19, 2002 at 2:33 AM Post #9 of 9
Bangra: Sorry sorry
biggrin.gif
! I didn't mean to cause ill sales for you... just put a little asterik by your for sale thread that goes like this:

* Only purchase if you have an enormous gigantic melon-head, a rather prominent afro, or want to join team dork-o.

Oh and hey, if you are serious about getting no bites... just wait till that thread dies down, and I'll post another thread detailing why I think the HD280's sound pretty darn detailed and even.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back