Glass head alert!
Jun 29, 2002 at 11:59 PM Post #32 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by andrzejpw
mod the head! mod the head!

Your wish is granted.

l-heads.jpg

These are pics of glass heads modified to include the contents of lava lamps. The head is then placed on the lava lamp base.

I'm considering doing this mod myself. You can learn more at www.oozinggoo.com.

Jun 30, 2002 at 12:09 AM Post #34 of 43
Personally, I would be wearing the headphones while the head was being used as a lamp...turn on your amp and your lamp, and you'll have a groovy experience!

Jun 30, 2002 at 12:31 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by TimSchirmer
Lol...I bought the black one. I want to get another for my AKG K501's.

Black one????? I called Pier1 #1, no heads. Pier1 #2, head bonanza! But all clear glass ones. I got two, one to sit on top of each loudspeaker, one sporting the HD600, the other the Grado 325s. But my speakers are black, so black heads would have been even groovier!
mad.gif
frown.gif
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 30, 2002 at 12:38 AM Post #36 of 43
Black head???? Isn't that a blemish???? All I saw were clear-heads!!! This is a must for Head-Fiers. In fact, this is so crucial, I'm gonna start a thread in the headphone section.

markl

Jul 2, 2002 at 9:17 AM Post #37 of 43
Geez, I dunno guys, these heads are scary looking... I prefer to keep my phones on the floor where they can get stepped on, thus forcing me to buy a new pair.
very_evil_smiley.gif

Honestly, I would never consider buying some clear freaky maniqan head...

Biggie.

Jul 2, 2002 at 12:31 PM Post #38 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by daycart1
But my speakers are black, so black heads would have been even groovier!

How times have changed! When I was a teenager, black heads were dreaded, not groovy!
very_evil_smiley.gif

Just to throw a cautionary note out, I've starting using the glass heads, and noticed that on headphones I store on them, the pads seem to be compressed when I take them off the stand and start using them. These stands insure that the pads are under constant pressure, either on the stand or your head, 24/7. If that constant pressure reduces the resilience of the pad, it could shorten its useful life. Use caution, IMO.

OTOH, we could have finally discovered a good way to make our own Grado flat pads...
evil_smiley.gif

Jul 2, 2002 at 7:58 PM Post #39 of 43
...a stack of dictionaries for my Grado pads...made them more supple, to an extent.

- Sir Mister Matt

Jul 19, 2002 at 4:24 AM Post #42 of 43
Check out the glass head.... It's well worth it, and cheap, if you can find a balanced glass head....

markl

Jul 19, 2002 at 2:08 PM Post #43 of 43
I picked up a couple just the other day. Really cool headphone stands! Lots of possibilities for lava lamp, fish bowl, internal lights, etc, since they're glass too!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back