Glass head alert!
Jun 18, 2002 at 3:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 43

Matt

Are there any women on this board?
You've always wanted a swell, life-sized glass head upon which to proudly display your fine headphones, and now it can easily be yours! Your local Pier 1 is now stocking them and they're only $15 (a search on eBay revealed that similar items would end up, with shipping, costing substantially more).

I just bought one and love her. The ears, while evident, are not so prominent that they would stick out and bang against your transducer grilles (or electrostatic stators). My Stax's look good on her.

- Sir Mister Matt

Jun 18, 2002 at 10:29 PM Post #2 of 43
Cool, can you please post a picture?
tongue.gif

Jun 18, 2002 at 11:52 PM Post #3 of 43
...a digital camera available, but here she is:

G150D.jpg

They should be at your local store, or you can order online. It's best to go local if you are just going to sit it on a surface, because some rock and some are pretty much perfectly stable. And if it's any consolation, they're made of recycled glass in Spain. ¡Olé!

http://www.pier1.com/store/productde...intSetNumber=1

Best,
Matt

Jun 19, 2002 at 12:23 AM Post #4 of 43
Why am I reminded of that chick from the first Star Trek film?

Actaully, it looks kinda freaky. It would be neat to get a bunch and fit them all with headphones and put them on a shelf with some blacklights.

Maybe put some blue LEDs in the eyes?

I dunno, I'm holding out ofr the Elvis glass heads.

Jun 19, 2002 at 12:29 AM Post #5 of 43
finally...

i've been wanting some head
very_evil_smiley.gif
since i got my HD600's.....

u know..for display..lol

thanks for the post matt.....also....this head wont stretch my cans...will it?

thanks

ray

Jun 19, 2002 at 12:30 AM Post #6 of 43
Glass head, here I come! *Randomly jumps on the floor*
eek.gif

Just curious, but if I were to get this for my W100's, would it stretch them out or anything-- or would it make the band across the top less "elasticy" or anything? Questions, questions.

Jun 19, 2002 at 12:59 AM Post #7 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
Just curious, but if I were to get this for my W100's, would it stretch them out or anything-- or would it make the band across the top less "elasticy" or anything? Questions, questions.

I've had one of these for quite some time now and have displayed a number of phones on it. None of my cans including my Grado 325's ever exhibited any "stretching" as a result. If you like it, I'd suggest you jump on it....I paid twice that price to order one from Stone Audio in England!

smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 19, 2002 at 4:47 AM Post #10 of 43
...will not terribly stretch your cans, Audio, if any at all. I took my Stax's to Pier 1 to "try them on for size" and her head is actually a fair bit smaller than mine (an average-sized male), so think "woman-sized" when considering stretching.

I stuck a small, bright lamp (sans shade) in her and from her radiated beams which cast a shimmery light pattern all over the room. 'Twas a relatively interesting effect, but I think I'll be leaving her "stock."

As far as looks go, she isn't too bad. There are some glass distortions when you look at her face straight on, but a look from an oblique reveals a realistically-proportioned face, with OK features, like that of a wig mannequin from the 60's. Despite her quirks, I am finding her a pleasant companion...

(Speaking of "pleasant companions," did anyone see that fine, Fine, FINE woman on "American Idol" tonight, Ryan Starr? My god, she was the sublimation of Billie Piper, Posh Spice, Aaliyah and your own Flawless Goddess of Your World of the Perfect Form all rolled into one. Amazing looking, that one.)

- Sir Mister Matt

Jun 19, 2002 at 3:55 PM Post #12 of 43
Quote:

mod the head! mod the head!

Would that be called "head-rolling"?

Jun 19, 2002 at 4:18 PM Post #13 of 43
Okay ... these things obviously aren't marketed for use as headphone stands. What kind of person outside of an overexuberant headphone enthusiast would want a glass head in his house?

kerelybonto

Users who are viewing this thread

Back