Giving Back to Head-Fi
Feb 1, 2005 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

tkam

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm not quite sure if this is the place to put this, but I figured it's time to give back to the community that I have enjoyed and learned so much from over the past few years. So I've decided to offer free picture to hosting to anyone in the community. You can do so by going to : http://gallery.stainlesseternity.com and click the login link in the top right hand corner and use the following login information:

headfigallery.jpg

After you login you can create a new "album" for yourself and add as many pics as you want I don't have any bandwdith restrictions so don't be concerned with that. All I ask is that you do not give out the username and password and when creating an album name it after your head-fi username so that I can make sure only head-fi users are using it.

*note* - you might need to turn off any pop-up blocker you have enabled.

Feb 1, 2005 at 4:16 AM Post #3 of 18
An excellent idea and service! Bravo tkam.

Dunno if you've posted elsewhere about this, but you may want a thread title indicative of your hosting, so more people pick it up.

Feb 1, 2005 at 7:40 AM Post #8 of 18
All I can say is thankyouthankyouthankyou. Album posting to commence.

Feb 1, 2005 at 7:53 AM Post #9 of 18
Thank you!

After we log in with the username/password that you listed, if we go to "Preferences" and change the name/password there, would that change the account so that no one else could log in? Or is that where we go to configure individual accounts?

I guess what I'm trying to ask is, will we get individual logins or will everyone always use the username/password given in the first post? I mean if everybody uses the same login info, what's to stop JoeBlow from logging in and deleting everyone's pics?
confused.gif

Feb 1, 2005 at 9:33 AM Post #10 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by tkam
After you login you can create a new "album" for yourself and add as many pics as you want I don't have any bandwdith restrictions so don't be concerned with that.

Really?

Are you sure?
evil_smiley.gif

-Ed

Feb 1, 2005 at 9:51 AM Post #11 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by Imyourzero
I guess what I'm trying to ask is, will we get individual logins or will everyone always use the username/password given in the first post? I mean if everybody uses the same login info, what's to stop JoeBlow from logging in and deleting everyone's pics?
confused.gif

Nothing, unfortunately. Such is the penalty for generosity. All I could suggest is, firstly, don't touch the options in other people's galleries. I, for one, spent a bloody long time uploading pictures, captioning them, setting up options, and the like. Delete them, and you will die
biggrin.gif

Feb 1, 2005 at 12:12 PM Post #12 of 18
It is one login for everyone so if you change the preferences it will affect everyone. However once you create your album feel free to change the album properties to whatever you wish.

Feb 2, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #13 of 18
Thanks for your generosity man! Btw, do all of the images on the gallery have to relate to headphones? I was thinking of uploading some of my photographs...

Feb 2, 2005 at 2:53 AM Post #15 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by null
Thanks for your generosity man! Btw, do all of the images on the gallery have to relate to headphones? I was thinking of uploading some of my photographs...

I posted photographs. He didn't specify, so I figured I might as well start with something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back