Girlfriends Birthday is nearing HELP
Jun 11, 2004 at 11:53 PM Post #16 of 62
Wow, KYTGuy. That is really good!

Jun 12, 2004 at 12:01 AM Post #17 of 62
Heh, KYTGuy hit it on the head. You don't have to spend a lot of money, you should do something that shows you care and have been paying attention to who she is and what she wants. It counts for a lot more than flowers which are not exactly inspired and a bit trite.

Jun 12, 2004 at 1:50 AM Post #18 of 62
Hi,

Jewlery is always good and earrings are a good choice, I think that hoops are still in. Does she have a watch (you can't have a good time unless you got a good watch). The Seiko kinetics are really nice, feminine yet sporty.

I think that the spa treatment is a great idea, or a massage? I have gotten gift certs in the past and they went over well.

Think about what her interests are (other than you) and focus on that. My wife loves to travel so I got her a trip to England to see her friend who lives there. That was a huge hit.

Alisa loves to go to the movies so movie passes were really well received.

Know what else scores big points? Back rubs or massages by you, breakfast in bed. Offer to take her shopping to get her something that she would really like. My wife gets off on taking me shopping with her (holding her purse, using my credit card, etc.)

Jun 12, 2004 at 2:24 AM Post #20 of 62
I couldn't agree more with Tuberoller on this one. The SPA package is an absolute winner. You'll be a here for a long time (well at least a few hours
biggrin.gif
)! Try Bliss on 57th street. It's a reall fancy setup sure to make her feel like a queen.

If that doesn't work, get her pair of HD600's. Then ask to borrow them.
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 2:40 AM Post #21 of 62
Around her birthday she'll be REALLY busy, lots of calls, a lot of hectic stuff, so just get her a card.

Inside the card write out to her that you know that she's really busy, that she's got a million demands on her time, and that this year for her birthday, you're giving her not roses, not diamonds, but a day of your time. Then talk to her, find a WHOLE day about a week or two down the road, and that's your gift to her.

You pick her up in the late morning (let her sleep in), take her to someplace nice and special, talk to her, just like a first date (a museum, a tropical garden, something nice) and take time to listen to her, make her feel loved. Then it's lunchtime. Reasonable restaurant, nothing too fancy, just some good food to share with her. This is like a first/second date all over again and the attention will mean a lot.

Then go someplace that'll sweep her off her feet. One of your "special places" from your past that you can share with her. Someplace a little more intimate and personal and private than the morning venue. Have a flower, or some small jewlery, or a trinket, be creative, for her here. Something that shows that you love her. This is like where you'd take her after a month or two of dating.

Then either go back to your place and cook her a dinner, or go out to a NICE restaurant. If you do go for the restaurant, maybe going to a show/play after is in order.

Last stop of the day is your house, where she arrives to your nicely cleaned bedroom, rose petals on the bed (200 fake scented ones are cheap from many couples stores), candles around the room and you give her a nice long massage. Where things go from there is up to the two of you.

Several key points:
This is her day, but YOU make all the decisions. Where, when, and what you two are doing. It's a day where she's being pampered, so you're going to make sure that it's like a ride in a faery-tale for her.

Do NOT tell her any details about what you're doing. Don't tell her that you'll be eating until you're at the restaurant, don't tell her that you're going someplace until you're there, keeps her in suspense and it lets her enjoy the day more. (you can even be playful with the suspense)

DO tell her what will be appropriate to wear, or what you're wearing. If you'll be going horseback-riding in the morning and to a show at night, tell her to dress comfortably, but to bring something nice, and you do the same. That way she never feels over/under dressed.

She'll likely only come away with a small pair of earrings or a nice little trinket, but it'll have LOTS of memories tied to it if you do a good job. (I like this way of having a day with my G/F, and it works well, you may not like it, so don't use it if you don't think it'll fit)

Jun 12, 2004 at 5:16 AM Post #22 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
Some years ago, I found myself in a similar situation, and I decided to hand write, on plain paper, a recounting of the special moments we had enjoyed, and my thoughts about us, and our future.

I tried to use my best hand, and sometimes wrote only a few lines at a time.

I wrote and rewrote some ideas many times before using them or forgetting about them.

It all ended up on one page.

I got a presentation frame for it.

Then, I took her to a picturesque riverbank, and spread a blanket out, put down a basket of delicacies...a good bottle of champagne, some nice flutes, some linen napkins, some berries and cream, and sugar. We had a leisurely snack by the river, and I read to her the letter, while we watched the sun go down. Then I gave it to her.

She has been my wife now for over twenty years, and wherever we move, she always has me hang that letter near her side of the bed first.

It worked for me...

You are *the* man.

Seriously though, that reminds me of what I did on our 1-year anniversary. Since it was 12 months, I typed up our 12 best memories of our first year & gave it to her...it was cool to watch her read it
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 6:39 AM Post #23 of 62
hmmm She should wake up with rose petals leading her to the kitchen where you have a nice breakfast prepared. If you buy a dozen roses, you can use 11 to make the trail and put the last of the dozen in a bud vase on the dining table. After you've feed her, present her with a gift. I'd highly recommend a large basket full of Victoria Secret bath stuff. Women tend to love to be pampered and love things that help them pamper themselves. Once she has it open, take a container of bath crystals out of the basket and lead her to the bathroom where you can bathe her. Then spend several hours making love to her (at least 3), uh I'm assuming you guys are intimate. In the afternoon, take her to a botanical garden, art museum or something of that nature, if nothing else, a short hike and then a picnic works well. In the evening, take her somewhere nice for dinner or make her a candle lit dinner at home. If you do dinner at home, use candles in place of lighting everywhere possible and pop in a romantic moive or CD. Fires are always nice, but the weather is rather warm these days, so you might skip it.

Jun 12, 2004 at 6:47 AM Post #25 of 62
Man,You guys are hopeless.

I don't know about you but every special day has to end with me getting laid
biggrin.gif
It's just the way things work around here.

Jun 12, 2004 at 6:49 AM Post #26 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Tuberoller
Man,You guys are hopeless.

I don't know about you but every special day has to end with me getting laid
biggrin.gif
It's just the way things work around here.

Did you read mine? It had 3 hours worth of love making in the morning, and if the implication wasn't strong enough, I WOULD ALSO HIGHLY RECOMMEND YOU SPEND ANOTHER 2-4 HOURS MAKING LOVE TO HER AT THE END OF THE EVENING!!!
biggrin.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 6:51 AM Post #27 of 62
BTW, this is her day, so when you are making love to her you should be pampering her as well, if you don't know how to spend 3+ hours doing this, read books or ask for help.

Jun 12, 2004 at 7:08 AM Post #28 of 62
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jasper994
BTW, this is her day, so when you are making love to her you should be pampering her as well, if you don't know how to spend 3+ hours doing this, read books or ask for help.

???????????????????????????????????????????????
Me need help? OK
blink.gif

Jun 12, 2004 at 7:11 AM Post #30 of 62
I hear you. It's her day,but when I get mine she certainly gets hers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back