Girlfriends Birthday is nearing HELP
post-837193
Thread Starter
Post #1 of 62

Gopher

Member of the Trade: LampizatOr Audio
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Messages
1,918
Reaction score
36
Joined
Aug 16, 2002
Posts
1,918
Likes
36
OK, so I've been with my current girlfriend for almost a year and the inevitable thing is about to happen... She's got a birthday comming up at the end of the month.
I'm completely stumped on what to get her and could use some input.
We're pretty serious and will likely be engaged in the next year or two:


Background: for X-mas I flew her down to my home in NY and took her to a Broadway show (Moving Out) and a nice dinner on New Years eve,

For graduation I got her a nice, custom engraved photo album

For the birthday... I'm stumped!

Help a guy out here, what to get? I'd like to stay under $200.
Also, no she doesn't want audio gear.

HELP
 
     Share This Post       
post-837211
Post #3 of 62

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 9, 2002
Messages
4,547
Reaction score
20
Joined
Jun 9, 2002
Posts
4,547
Likes
20
Got me they're Women?

Now's when we need the female Head-Fiers to step forward and Help.

Getting input from a bunch of guys is useless. But it seems like you're on the right track with your previous gifts so go with your instincts.


Clueless in Seattle

Mitch
 
     Share This Post       
post-837231
Post #4 of 62

Genetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
3,124
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Posts
3,124
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by braillediver
Now's when we need the female Head-Fiers to step forward and Help.
Mitch



Good one Mitch....


Dear Gopher,

What your girlfriend needs is to see that whatever you do it's done because she's REALY important to you. So forget the usuals (flowers, jewels, parfum etc. ) and put your mind to it...
(The 200$ limit is irrelevant, since it could cost less)

I dont know much about audio but I'm still trying to learn about the most precious thing in life....girlfriends.

From an «expert» on this....
 
     Share This Post       
post-837415
Post #5 of 62

braillediver

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jun 9, 2002
Messages
4,547
Reaction score
20
Joined
Jun 9, 2002
Posts
4,547
Likes
20
Yup see how clueless guys are.


I asked my married friends once looking for insight about women and the consensus was:

"Women do strange things for no apparent reason."


Like that's a lot of help. Over time I've discovered they were right.


Knowing your girlfriend and putting thought into the gift is more important than the cost. Maybe?


Mitch
 
     Share This Post       
post-837472
Post #6 of 62

Gariver

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Messages
1,021
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jul 15, 2002
Posts
1,021
Likes
11
That's easy: Get FLOWERS! Now, if you get something different, the emotional value goes up: Yellow roses, for example!

 
     Share This Post       
post-837486
Post #7 of 62

Genetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
3,124
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Posts
3,124
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gariver
That's easy: Get FLOWERS! Now, if you get something different, the emotional value goes up: Yellow roses, for example!




Yellow, maybe not:

«A yellow rose can be sent to ask "Don't you love me any more?" or to signify the start of a friendship or the parting of ways! »

http://www.interrose.co.uk/yellow_roses.shtml

Amicalement
 
     Share This Post       
post-837490
Post #8 of 62

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Posts
2,457
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gopher
Also, no she doesn't want audio gear.

HELP



What about tools..


OK, how about champagne in a helicopter ride that drops you at a romantic guest house in the countryside where you wine and dine her after first taking her for a leisurely horseback ride by the lake.....
 
     Share This Post       
post-837502
Post #9 of 62

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Posts
2,457
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by greenhorn
A nice jewel.


Like some gold which can later be melted down and made into interconnects...
I really hope my wife isn't standing behind me now....
 
     Share This Post       
post-837536
Post #10 of 62

SouthPaW1227

100+ Head-Fier
Joined
Feb 26, 2004
Messages
255
Reaction score
10
Joined
Feb 26, 2004
Posts
255
Likes
10
Never go the "flowers" route unless it's your ONLY option. They'll work, but ehhh...the REAL DEAL is something PERSONAL!

Take an example: my girlfriend is a Tolkien & LOTR FREAK! She loves the stuff and knows every inch of the story, etc. Well for our 2-year anniversary I had about $300 to spend, so I was thinking and thinking about something cool and personal, and landed on this: a real gold (14k) "The One Ring" custom sized to her finger size. Needless to say it was an amazing anniversary as she loved it.

Think about some things she really digs and then think about gifts that would satisfy that, but mostly ones she wouldn't expect. The rare, unusually, unexpected, yet personal gifts always leave the biggest impression. We're going on 2 years & 7 months and every I see her w/ that ring on it's an instant smile...good luck!
 
     Share This Post       
post-837540
Post #11 of 62

Genetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
3,124
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Posts
3,124
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by ipodstudio
What about tools..


OK, how about champagne in a helicopter ride that drops you at a romantic guest house in the countryside where you wine and dine her after first taking her for a leisurely horseback ride by the lake.....




Sorry about that but I cant shake in my mind the picture you posted not long ago about the castle of your clan...........


Amicalement
 
     Share This Post       
post-837653
Post #12 of 62

Tuberoller

Divorced an Orpheus to keep his wife.
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Messages
4,941
Reaction score
15
Joined
Oct 23, 2001
Posts
4,941
Likes
15
I took a suggestion from the guys here at Head-fi last year and got my wife a Spa package. There are some available in your price range. I have no idea what goes on when you send your lady off to get the spa treatment,but I know she comes home REALLY horny. Best thing I ever did for my wife,and myself.
 
     Share This Post       
post-837675
Post #13 of 62

ipodstudio

Banned: - aka full monty - aka didikossa - aka R1D1 - aka migraineboy - aka setharmstrong - aka threavester - aka Sarah.B - aka javier - aka DoomV1 - aka JIAA
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Messages
2,457
Reaction score
13
Joined
Jan 11, 2004
Posts
2,457
Likes
13
Quote:

Originally Posted by genetic
Sorry about that but I cant shake in my mind the picture you posted not long ago about the castle of your clan...........


Amicalement



..that wasn't quite the guest house I was thinking of...
 
     Share This Post       
post-837699
Post #14 of 62

KYTGuy

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Messages
1,473
Reaction score
10
Joined
Jan 7, 2004
Posts
1,473
Likes
10
Some years ago, I found myself in a similar situation, and I decided to hand write, on plain paper, a recounting of the special moments we had enjoyed, and my thoughts about us, and our future.

I tried to use my best hand, and sometimes wrote only a few lines at a time.

I wrote and rewrote some ideas many times before using them or forgetting about them.

It all ended up on one page.

I got a presentation frame for it.

Then, I took her to a picturesque riverbank, and spread a blanket out, put down a basket of delicacies...a good bottle of champagne, some nice flutes, some linen napkins, some berries and cream, and sugar. We had a leisurely snack by the river, and I read to her the letter, while we watched the sun go down. Then I gave it to her.

She has been my wife now for over twenty years, and wherever we move, she always has me hang that letter near her side of the bed first.

It worked for me...
 
     Share This Post       
post-837744
Post #15 of 62

Genetic

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Messages
3,124
Reaction score
11
Joined
Jul 8, 2003
Posts
3,124
Likes
11
Quote:

Originally Posted by KYTGuy
Some years ago, I found myself in a similar situation, and I decided to hand write, on plain paper, a recounting of the special moments we had enjoyed, and my thoughts about us, and our future.

I tried to use my best hand, and sometimes wrote only a few lines at a time.

I wrote and rewrote some ideas many times before using them or forgetting about them.

It all ended up on one page.

I got a presentation frame for it.

Then, I took her to a picturesque riverbank, and spread a blanket out, put down a basket of delicacies...a good bottle of champagne, some nice flutes, some linen napkins, some berries and cream, and sugar. We had a leisurely snack by the river, and I read to her the letter, while we watched the sun go down. Then I gave it to her.

She has been my wife now for over twenty years, and wherever we move, she always has me hang that letter near her side of the bed first.

It worked for me...



I'm happy to know that you are happily married and living far, far away from my girlfriend....


Amicalement

P.S. I must admit you're good...very good.
 
     Share This Post       

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Top