Girlfriends and IEMS ... and the trouble they cause
Aug 18, 2008 at 1:14 AM Post #31 of 58
Hey guys,

wow thanks for the advice, butt... I'm an ass I was in the city earlier today and I didnt get a chance to read everyone's post until about 15 min ago. I saw a dealer with a pair of se530's on sale and I um... bought em...
frown.gif
yeah.

It was only after reading the rest of the posts about the koss and quite possibly the q-jays that I figure I might have been too hasty. Btw I bought her a cowon D2 several months ago and she really liked it I figured IEMs might be the next best thing for her.

Anyway I just order a pair of koss to mod. I think the overall consensus is that iem's are a pretty big jump and I tend to agree with everybody, I just wish I thought of that before shelling out 300+ for the shures. Anyway I'll mod the Koss's and give those as a present and I'll toy with the idea of an "after gift" with the Shures. If she doesn't like them I'll either have a back up pair, or you guys are gonna see some cheap shures in the sale/trade posts by the end of next week.

But thanks again guys, especially on the advice on the koss I swear I would have never even thought about "street style" phones until you guys mentioned it. I'll also pain them black to match the cowon... wow who ever thought years of detailing my scale model gundams and cars would pay off man now time to find some Tamiya paint.

Thanks everybody,
Paul

Aug 18, 2008 at 8:21 AM Post #33 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Btw I bought her a cowon D2 several months ago and she really liked it I figured IEMs might be the next best thing for her.

Anyway I just order a pair of koss to mod. I think the overall consensus is that iem's are a pretty big jump and I tend to agree with everybody, I just wish I thought of that before shelling out 300+ for the shures.

Paul, good luck with the gift.

Top of the line IEMs are a big jump, but the SQ improvement is correspondingly huge and she is sure to appreciate it. I want to mention that several of my own women friends have tried out my IEMs and are very enthusiastic about them. My sister-in-law went with me when I bought and auditioned my Triples and even she was wowed by the sound!

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I wish my SO's would buy me audio gear. =(

Ditto but it's nice to see others make an effort!
dt880smile.png

Aug 18, 2008 at 9:49 AM Post #34 of 58
My girlfriend dipped my atrio's in acetone (nail polish remover when she was trying to clean them...not only are they melted they look sky blue with white bits everywhere...to make it worse when they started reacting she poured alchohol on them to try to remove the acetone....

noooo iems for her no no no no no no n ono no no no np onfekl;mkl;fekl;gfekl;gfekl;fd

Aug 18, 2008 at 10:24 AM Post #35 of 58
lol i'd pay to see the look on your face

and then hers

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:13 AM Post #37 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by nsx_23 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Girlfriends + high end gear is generally not a good mix.

Rings true for audio gear, and rings true for cars as well. Especially cars. Never, ever let your girlfriend drive your sports car.

It amuses me that so many of you have such a poor opinion of girls and hi-tech - well, actually of your girlfriends and hi-tech.

Most of us can be trusted to handle expensive stuff with care, y'know though maybe not so many girls are audiophiles!

For the record, my dad STILL does not let me drive his car - and it's not even a sports car...

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:59 AM Post #38 of 58
Don't worry pal. I did great choice. She will appreciate it for sure. Woman first of all looking for atention and romantic moments. So, even if she is not into audiophiles stuff she will happy to get pricy cute thing from you. 'cose it's according to your life values.
beyersmile.png

Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey guys,

wow thanks for the advice, butt... I'm an ass I was in the city earlier today and I didnt get a chance to read everyone's post until about 15 min ago. I saw a dealer with a pair of se530's on sale and I um... bought em...
frown.gif
yeah.

It was only after reading the rest of the posts about the koss and quite possibly the q-jays that I figure I might have been too hasty. Btw I bought her a cowon D2 several months ago and she really liked it I figured IEMs might be the next best thing for her.

Anyway I just order a pair of koss to mod. I think the overall consensus is that iem's are a pretty big jump and I tend to agree with everybody, I just wish I thought of that before shelling out 300+ for the shures. Anyway I'll mod the Koss's and give those as a present and I'll toy with the idea of an "after gift" with the Shures. If she doesn't like them I'll either have a back up pair, or you guys are gonna see some cheap shures in the sale/trade posts by the end of next week.

But thanks again guys, especially on the advice on the koss I swear I would have never even thought about "street style" phones until you guys mentioned it. I'll also pain them black to match the cowon... wow who ever thought years of detailing my scale model gundams and cars would pay off man now time to find some Tamiya paint.

Thanks everybody,
Paul

Aug 18, 2008 at 12:03 PM Post #39 of 58
theres loads of guys who dont know anything about hi-tech gear.

but you know the expression 'boys with toys' coz we never really grow up..

ok enough typing. its time for me to go play with my atrio!
icon10.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 3:01 PM Post #40 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by MrBigglesworth /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've never met a girl who cares much about stuff like this: "you paid HOW MUCH for some dumb headphones??"

Get her a good handbag. She'll appreciate it a lot more. :)

My daughter just turned 16 and I bought her a pair of UE super.fi 3's when her OEM iPod pair bit the dust. Well, she loves them and is now asking when she can get a pair of "real" IEM's like mine (I have the UE-11's).......

When she saw the case that came with them, she said what would be nice was a "REALLY cute handbag" she saw that would be just "perfect" for carrying the 'phones and her iPod. Christmas is gonna be ex$pen$ive.....
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 18, 2008 at 11:17 PM Post #41 of 58
I let my girlfriend drive my s15 , that way I can go to sleep lol

Aug 19, 2008 at 1:40 AM Post #43 of 58
you guys should start listening to Tom Leykis!
L3000.gif

seriously, though, I did get an ex a pair of SR-80s. she loved them, but in retrospect it did not bring us any closer or further apart.

I confess having bought her a pair of Grados for it saved me the trouble of coming up with something she would like

And now? Well, SR-80s are cheaper than lingerie but I doubt I'd buy any woman worth anything more than $50

Aug 20, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #45 of 58
Quote:

Originally Posted by erasmus /img/forum/go_quote.gif
wow...

that just came out so wrong XD

Hahaha! Should have said none worth less than $1M sold for over $50, just because I am a nice guy...
tongue_smile.gif

Anyway, buying affection is plain wrong. One should charm his way in with positive attitude, not with purchasing power (I said this last one to avoid being smited!)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back