Girlfriend vacuumed up my OK1's, need repair suggestion's
Mar 27, 2011 at 2:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 18

punkinhead

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone,  the vacuum sucked up the OK1's, breaking the wires about 15" from the plug.
 The plastic is still intact, but you can tell the wires have been pulled apart.
 What is the best way to repair them.??
 My main concern is to be able to maintain the sound quality.

Thanks,  Pete 

Mar 27, 2011 at 3:00 PM Post #2 of 18
The picture does'nt do it justice, how badly are the wire's damaged and are You sure the phone's are'nt messed up?
blink.gif
I'm not sure what they go for, maybe depending on the severity, You might buy a new set! I know She 's feeling bad and might help You get a new better pr. 
wink_face.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 18
This might be the perfect time for an upgrade; perhaps you can upgrade to a prettier girlfriend.

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:18 PM Post #5 of 18
Cme on Guy's that's just messed up! Uncalled for! You know We have a lot Lady Hi-Fier's here even if not that's cruel! 
angry_face.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:32 PM Post #6 of 18
punkinhead: Some members successfully recabled their OK1 (as you can see for instance in this picture of a FS message). You could consider recabling them.

And one last thing: AngryBaconGod: Are you 5 or less? Bevo: Did you came from the middle age? What kind of messages are these? I guess they pretend to be funny but I can not see the fun anywhere. What's sure is that they are useless regarding the OP's question.

Quote:
This might be the perfect time for an upgrade; perhaps you can upgrade to a prettier girlfriend.

Quote:
She shoulda stayed in the kitchen

Mar 27, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #7 of 18

Quote:
punkinhead: Some members successfully recabled they OK1 (as you can see for instance in this picture of a FS message). You could consider recabling them.
I'm glad You gave Him some good advice as well as other's 
beerchug.gif
And one last thing: AngryBaconGod: Are you 5 or less? Bevo: Did you came from the middle age? What kind of messages are these? I guess they pretend to be funny but I can not see the fun anywhere. What's sure is that they are useless regarding the OP's question.

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #8 of 18

Quote:

Exactly right!  It wasn't the girlfriend who left her OK1s laying out where a vacuum can suck them up! 
wink_face.gif

Good luck getting them fixed -- that's some expensive earbuds.

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:15 PM Post #9 of 18
She's gotta go! 
etysmile.gif

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #10 of 18

If the OP didn't want (bad) advice about his girlfriend, he wouldn't have mentioned her, nay blamed her, in the subject of his thread. It would have been simple enough to mention the problem without casting blame. But since he did...

Mar 27, 2011 at 7:28 PM Post #11 of 18
LOL.  Good point, he even mentioned her on the title.  I sense frustration.  Although its not politically correct thread, the thread gave me a chuckle.  Its going to offend the 0.00001015% of the female population in our forums.

Quote:
If the OP didn't want (bad) advice about his girlfriend, he wouldn't have mentioned her, nay blamed her, in the subject of his thread. It would have been simple enough to mention the problem without casting blame. But since he did...

Mar 27, 2011 at 8:32 PM Post #13 of 18

Quote:
She's gotta go! 
etysmile.gif

You still exist!!!

Maybe you could claim that they were $2000, but you' wouldn't mind if she bought you a JH13 instead.

Mar 27, 2011 at 9:17 PM Post #15 of 18
There shouldn't be. Since they are no good, what harm is there in opening up the headphones, they are dynamic, so it shouldn't be too difficult to solder new cables.  Do you have any buds or iems that you don't use, but its got a strong cable?  If so, you should use those, its not going to change the sound. The guage of the wire is to worry if you want to send a lot of current though, but for headphones, its very minimal.  So, good luck, if you can't do it maybe I or another headfier can do it for a small fee.  

Quote:
 Accidents happen, black cable and black carpet.
 So if I attempt to splice them, a noticeable reduction in sound quality??
 The recable sound expensive, I think I could upgrade for that price.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back