1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Gilmore Lite

Discussion in 'Amplification For Sale / Trade' started by omedon, Sep 15, 2012.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Trader History (1)
  1. omedon
    Type:
    For Sale
    Currency:
    USD
    Price:
    I'm selling my whole setup as I haven't used it in years and have more or less moved on to loudspeakers.

This is a Headamp Gilmore Lite v2 with Elpac power supply. These have a loop out and make a great Pre-Amp. I'm the original owner and it has been babied and is still in excellent condition. Really sad to see this beauty go but I can't justify keeping it any more. Maybe one day she'll return to me. Matches great with Grado's.

$245 USD/CAD shipped no paypal fees to CAN/USA

You can view my Head-fi Feedback here
    My ebay handle is algernon_11

2. e19650826
    This is a great amp, but I don't believe it can be used as a pre-amp. Loop-out is basically just directly wiring a pair of output jacks to the input jacks, so the signal can be delivered to another set-up without the hassle of un-plugging and plugging. 
    Regardless, this is a great amp. Superb design and I'm sure superb sound. It deserves a much better PSU than Elpac though. Something like Sigma 11 is more fitting. 

3. omedon
    e19650826

I contacted Justin at Headamp.com and got this clarified

4. complin
    Dont understand this can you explain?
    Quote:

5. omedon
    Quote:

I remember reading reviews stating that the Gilmore Lite made a great pre-amp. But it has been many years and I never had the opportunity to use it as one. So to be sure I contacted the fellow who built this amp, Justin Wilson, to double check that it could be indeed used as a pre-amp. You are quite correct that the loop out is only useful in the way you describe.

However, as Justin confirmed, if you insert a 1/4" to Female RCA adaptor into the headphone jack the effect is the exact same as you would get if you were to plug into the Pre-Amp Out of one of the other models offered with that option.

Which is what I expected.

I see you may have been confused with my wording "these have a loop out and make a great pre-amp". It is two separate statements. It is not because they have a loop out that they make a great pre-amp. To use it as a pre-amp you must connect your power amp to the headphone out. You can do this with a 1/4" to RCA adaptor.

6. e19650826
    lite_board_600px.jpg

I thought this is the Gilmore Lite, which does not look like it has a direct pre-amp out.

EDIT:I believe the photo that you have above is a GS-1.

By the way, I trust Justin very much, so I don't doubt his words. I just want to make sure there is no misinformation. Maybe you can clarify the original post a little stating that the headphone out can also double as a pre-amp out.

7. omedon
    Sold

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.