gigging musician needs advice..
Jul 1, 2008 at 5:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

evil1rox

New Head-Fier
Hey all... first post...need help!

I am a gigging singer in a rock band and SERIOUSLY can't hear myself at practice or during gigs.

We use a setup that has our main mix going to a board, out to a headhone amp..then to my ears.

...and it sounds like crap. (using crappy ovedr the ear headphones that sound like mud)

I recently purchased a shure psm600 wireless system...minus earbuds...
-here's where you all come in...
wink.gif

Need something for crisp highs, decent mid's and decent lows. Any other singers out there that can lend an ear would be MUCH appreciated!!!!

Durability and sound quality are extremely important!!! Want over ear style if that helps.....

Thanks!!!!

E

Jul 1, 2008 at 6:38 PM Post #2 of 7
I'll suggest a pair of custom molded IEM to pair w/ your wireless system. LiveWires or FreQ are both great budget choice.

Jul 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM Post #3 of 7
Well...I really don't need to go budget. I'm thinking something with triple drivers... if that helps further.

I'm trying to stay in the $700 or less range, but definitely custom molded. I'm a big beliver in buy good gear once instead of crap over and over..

E

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:41 PM Post #4 of 7
Your budget should give you a pair of triple drives FreQ (FreQ Show). From what I have read, people who do own their Music Maker series seem to be quite happy with the SQ.

There are two FreQ reviews (1, 2) done by powertoold, you should check the out.

Jul 3, 2008 at 4:45 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by evil1rox /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Well...I really don't need to go budget. I'm thinking something with triple drivers... if that helps further.

I'm trying to stay in the $700 or less range, but definitely custom molded. I'm a big beliver in buy good gear once instead of crap over and over..

E

look at ultimate ears base custom 700 bucks I believe but if you want to spend even more they have some amazing stuff

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:15 PM Post #6 of 7
$700 can only give you a pair of UE 5 pro (dual drives), which is why I think FreQ is probably the better bank for the buck.

Jul 3, 2008 at 5:18 PM Post #7 of 7
i'm a singer with my worship band... and for your purpose.. the freqshow would definitely be more than satisfying for your needs..

of course if you're gonna be picky and really need a certain signature then look around.. but for savings and something to more than adequately do the job.. the freq shows seem good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back