Gigaset Me ES9108 and AK4735
Sep 30, 2015 at 5:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Blinxat

500+ Head-Fier
Anyone have Gigasets Entry into the smartphone world on the radar? At IFA this year they presented three smartphones phones to be released soon. The Me, the Me Pro and the Me Pure.

http://www.gigaset.com/de_en/gigaset-smartphones.html

There seems to be some some emphasis on Audio apart from Dirac the specs mention the ES9108 Dac for the me and me pro and an AKM Dac for the cheaper Me Pure. The one the Nubia z9 uses. (A Chinese phone)

Usually most snapdragon phones just use the Qualcomm Dac 9330 or whatever it is called... Not that that doesn't sound good htc shows some good implementations of it.

Other specs also seem good snapdragon 810 etc...

I guess non Germans don't know this brand they were the guys that when they were still with Siemens made normal landline phones many if not all Germans had in a room in their house some 15 years ago. They still make a lot of those business office phones. But this seems to be their first consumer smartphone series, seems well thought out DAC wise.

Dec 27, 2015 at 9:15 AM Post #2 of 4
Have you bought any of those? In case it was "Me Pure" - i'm curious about sound quality impressions. It's the same chip as in Nubia Z9 Max. I use Nubia Z9, it has different chip, AK4961. However, i don't think should be big differences...

Oct 3, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #4 of 4
Yes, its flat, energetic with an emphasis on highs laid out with refinement and AIR. The mids is sort of there by a fraction. Its not bright, just sufficiently bright to give string and slaps on low end clarity. I owned a PCM D50 and the Gigaset has less speed, therefore, a smoother sound with less detail but its not analogue or organic. Its smoothly energetic with an emphasis on highs. It can perform generally any music but will always have the emphasis on the higher frequencies and flat mid and bass.

I also owned a PS vita original that both had similar traits of smoothness, but PS vita lacks depth and isn't very good at all. Like Wolfson DACs but energetically genre versatile is what I call Gigaset.

I owned QA350 V2, its sort of garbage, and sucks in every aspect because its bright and doesn't do jazz without sounding like all voices and instruments are put at a highee pitch making an overall unrealistic tone to listen. The Gigaset kicks the qa350 v2 in musicality, by offering better laid out dynamics and air. Qa350 only gets to sound good clear by being overly bright and doesn't sound like instruments.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back