Gift for a friend: $150 Budget, Foldable + Case, Noise Cancelation, Better than Beats by Dre
Dec 3, 2010 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

wonderba

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, planning on getting a gift for a friend who mainly listens to his iPhone.

Basically I am on a 150$ budget (Though I would prefer 130 max), and he wants a foldable headphones with case (Like Beats by Dr Dre), noise isolation/cancel, and better than Beats as they were his last headphones that he broke, but I told him I can probably find better headphones than Beats.

I was looking at this, anyone has experience with them?
Audio Technica ATH-ANC7B Active Noise-Cancelling Closed-Back Headphones

Any other recommendations? Please use only Amazon.com

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:15 PM Post #3 of 8
Also, I'd appreciate if people who have had the Beats by Dre could post and compare their nominee with the Beats or post about their past experiences with the Beats

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:43 PM Post #5 of 8
Dec 3, 2010 at 8:51 PM Post #6 of 8
Denon is a very good company.  Their highest end headphones retail for $1,000.

The battery is for the noise cancelling chip that is located in one of the ear cups.  Any good noise cancelling headphone needs to be battery powered to power the NC device.  The Denons can also be used without a battery, the NC device is just not activated in that case.

Dec 3, 2010 at 8:56 PM Post #7 of 8

Quote:
Denon is a very good company.  Their highest end headphones retail for $1,000.

The battery is for the noise cancelling chip that is located in one of the ear cups.  Any good noise cancelling headphone needs to be battery powered to power the NC device.  The Denons can also be used without a battery, the NC device is just not activated in that case.

Thanks for your help, alot!

Any other opinions/options guys? I would like if the price was more of 100-120ish since I didn't plan on really paying the full 150 bucks! Maybe there is a good Denon noise cancelling headphone that is around that price. Thanks

Users who are viewing this thread

Back