Gibson Les Paul Headphones
Jun 20, 2015 at 11:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 34

Steve Eddy

Member of the Trade: The Audio Guild
Aka: TempAccount555
I don't care how they sound. I want a pair of these. Check out the case for the Les Pauls toward the end of the video.

:atsmile:

http://tpn.tv/2015/02/21/gibson-adds-headphones-to-their-iconic-line/

se

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:00 PM Post #2 of 34
I don't care how they sound. I want a pair of these. Check out the case for the Les Pauls toward the end of the video.

atsmile.gif

http://tpn.tv/2015/02/21/gibson-adds-headphones-to-their-iconic-line/

se

If they don't sound out of this world, what a farce/joke of a product they will be.

I hope they do sound out of this world, however :¬)

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:10 PM Post #4 of 34
Whaaat?!?!
eek.gif

This is beyond epic. I have a Les Paul Classic electric guitar with flame maple top. (And used to own a Gibson L-00 vintage acoustic guitar from the 1920s/1930s.) Never imagined Gibson would start making headphones! Reminds me of how Ferrari did too. Once I find out the actual product names, they will be added to my wish list!
biggrin.gif

Oh, and I'm downloading that video to watch later.

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:22 PM Post #5 of 34
Whaaat?!?! :eek:

This is beyond epic. I have a Les Paul Classic electric guitar with flame maple top. (And used to own a Gibson L-00 vintage acoustic guitar from the 1920s/1930s.) Never imagined Gibson would start making headphones! Reminds me of how Ferrari did too. Once I find out the actual product names, they will be added to my wish list! :D

Oh, and I'm downloading that video to watch later.

I'm a Strat player, but Gibson Les Paul's are absolutely gorgeous!

The headphone line is made up of the Les Paul series and the SG series. Used to have a purple SG years ago.

se

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:43 PM Post #10 of 34
I'm a Strat player, but Gibson Les Paul's are absolutely gorgeous!

The headphone line is made up of the Les Paul series and the SG series. Used to have a purple SG years ago.

se

My solution is to own both Strats and Pauls.

Jun 20, 2015 at 1:48 PM Post #11 of 34
They're going to do custom limited editions. Like they do with their guitars.

se

That's good news for me, since I'm all about custom-made stuff and collector's items...but that won't come cheap!

Found some photos...

My solution is to own both Strats and Pauls.

Who would have guessed that we're all guitarists!
beerchug.gif

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:00 PM Post #13 of 34
  So what did you learn on? I borrowed a Christmas guitar from a friend, it had the action of a bull dozer and the intonation of a tone deaf dog.

heh. When I was 9 years old (I'm 28 now), I got an electric guitar with a built-in amp from JCPenney. Taught myself intuitively without proper lessons. Also had that Gibson L-00 I mentioned in the family, but I didn't really learn on it. (Sucks that I only got $600 for that guitar from the 1920s/1930s when I sold it. It was apparently so old that it lost collector value and whatnot, unlike 1960s guitars that can fetch six figures.) I eventually gave guitar lessons to random strangers every once in awhile. I have also done vocals my entire life, piano since around age 6, and trombone also since age 9. Been in everything from orchestras to jazz bands to metal bands.
cool.gif

Jun 20, 2015 at 2:13 PM Post #15 of 34
heh. When I was 9 years old (I'm 28 now), I got an electric guitar with a built-in amp from JCPenney. Taught myself intuitively without proper lessons. Also had that Gibson L-00 I mentioned in the family, but I didn't really learn on it. (Sucks that I only got $600 for that guitar from the 1920s/1930s when I sold it. It was apparently so old that it lost collector value and whatnot, unlike 1960s guitars that can fetch six figures.) I eventually gave guitar lessons to random strangers every once in awhile. I have also done vocals my entire life, piano since around age 6, and trombone also since age 9. Been in everything from orchestras to jazz bands to metal bands. :cool:

Cool!

I'm not nearly as accomplished, but my business partner was a professional player.

se

Users who are viewing this thread

Back