1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Gibson Les Paul Headphones

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by steve eddy, Jun 20, 2015.
2 3
Next

Last
  1. Steve Eddy
    I don't care how they sound. I want a pair of these. Check out the case for the Les Pauls toward the end of the video.

:atsmile:

http://tpn.tv/2015/02/21/gibson-adds-headphones-to-their-iconic-line/

se

2. Yoga

If they don't sound out of this world, what a farce/joke of a product they will be.

I hope they do sound out of this world, however :¬)

3. Steve Eddy

Keeping my fingers crossed. Haven't been released yet apparently.

se

4. Music Alchemist
    Whaaat?!?! [​IMG]

This is beyond epic. I have a Les Paul Classic electric guitar with flame maple top. (And used to own a Gibson L-00 vintage acoustic guitar from the 1920s/1930s.) Never imagined Gibson would start making headphones! Reminds me of how Ferrari did too. Once I find out the actual product names, they will be added to my wish list! [​IMG]

Oh, and I'm downloading that video to watch later.

5. Steve Eddy

I'm a Strat player, but Gibson Les Paul's are absolutely gorgeous!

The headphone line is made up of the Les Paul series and the SG series. Used to have a purple SG years ago.

se

6. Music Alchemist

My Les Paul is the most gorgeous one I have seen. Got lucky, I guess.

So they'll have horns like the SG guitars? Wow.

7. Steve Eddy

Nope. No horns. SG in name only. :D

These are the Les Pauls:

image.jpg

And these are the SGs:

image.jpg

And this is the Les Paul case:

image.jpg

se

8. Music Alchemist

Darn it. haha. I just remembered that I have a nice shirt with Gibson SGs on it.

I wonder if they will have flame maple and quilt maple available for the Les Paul headphones.

9. Steve Eddy

They're going to do custom limited editions. Like they do with their guitars.

se

10. StanD
    My solution is to own both Strats and Pauls.

11. Music Alchemist

That's good news for me, since I'm all about custom-made stuff and collector's items...but that won't come cheap!

Found some photos...

gibson-4.jpg gibson-5.jpg gibson-2.jpg
    DSC_8185.jpg Gibson-Headphones-011.jpg gibson-standard-unplugged.jpg

Who would have guessed that we're all guitarists! [​IMG]

12. StanD
    So what did you learn on? I borrowed a Christmas guitar from a friend, it had the action of a bull dozer and the intonation of a tone deaf dog.

13. Music Alchemist

heh. When I was 9 years old (I'm 28 now), I got an electric guitar with a built-in amp from JCPenney. Taught myself intuitively without proper lessons. Also had that Gibson L-00 I mentioned in the family, but I didn't really learn on it. (Sucks that I only got $600 for that guitar from the 1920s/1930s when I sold it. It was apparently so old that it lost collector value and whatnot, unlike 1960s guitars that can fetch six figures.) I eventually gave guitar lessons to random strangers every once in awhile. I have also done vocals my entire life, piano since around age 6, and trombone also since age 9. Been in everything from orchestras to jazz bands to metal bands. [​IMG]

14. Steve Eddy

I would, but I just don't like that crease the Les Paul leaves on my forearm. :p

se

15. Steve Eddy

Cool!

I'm not nearly as accomplished, but my business partner was a professional player.

se

2 3
Next

Last