Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Oct 16, 2017 at 3:09 PM Post #166 of 198
Oct 20, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #167 of 198
Cables arrived today (little under two weeks, which from China is pretty damn fast). They are really nice considering the price. The A01 I got for my schiit stack works really well, taking up very little space and doesn't tilt up the back of the Magni super hard like many other solutions do. As should be assumed, they didn't improve sound quality on my schiit stack (I was already using nice quality cables, they were just too long), though they definitely made it take up less space, which is definitely a win. I also got a B03 from them (probably should have gone with the B01 in hindsight, but I don't really think it matters that much). The B03 was definitely a huge improvement over the crappy no-name brand cable I was using before. RFI/EMI noise is near non-existent now from my Chromecast, which is really nice and the length I got it at (0.5 meters) is definitely ideal as it is long enough to get my Chromecast into a comfortable spot, but not so long that I've got extra cable I don't know what to do with.
Something I noticed is that the splitter on the B03 appears to be a ferrite core when looking in at it where the heat-shrink ends. I don't know whether or not this is actually true, but it doesn't say anything about it on the Ghentaudio website. I thought it was just a big splitter when I bought it, so it's good to know that it actually has a reason for being big (assuming it is a ferrite core).
Another thing I felt like pointing out is that the velcro-ties that Ghentaudio includes with each cable are really nice; the Velcro is strong and they are the right length to go around large and small spools of coiled cable.
Overall I'm very happy with these cables. While I could go into tiny nitpicks (I'm very analytical and notice the tiniest things), I won't, because considering how little these cables cost and the quality of them, there's no real reason to nitpick tiny things that are completely inconsequential.

If you are in need of good quality cables and are stuck on a budget, definitely go with these.

Below are some pictures (btw the cables are a vibrant pin-up, NOT ORANGE. Due to taking these pictures under very poor lighting conditions the cables look orange, even though they are not)
xpTlXub.jpg

um9FHr5.jpg

nNXvNWi.jpg

j4caSyB.jpg

RjirIFt.jpg

adUY2OC.jpg

J4PEnHu.jpg

Cq3H2w8.jpg

I just noticed this. ahhh.
the 0.18m/7inch cables seem to cause a slight lift in the Schiit Stack? :frowning2: did you manage to find any way to resolve that?

Mar 5, 2018 at 8:23 AM Post #170 of 198
finally got my Ghent cables. but my coax cable is slightly too long for my Schiit Mimby + Eitr stack :/ guess I'll get a 0.18m for cleaner cable management.

Did your A01 cable lift the amp up like it did for the other user? Tempted to get a pair myself but wondering if a sightly longer cable would stop it doing it, as with the cables being quite chunky I don't think there's much slack hence it causing the lift.

Mar 25, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #171 of 198
Wow, these look great. I was about to finally buy a pair of PYST for my modi/magni stack, since I've been using a clunky 1.5 ft cable for a long time. The 0.18m A01 seem perfect - just ordered a pair!

Apr 22, 2019 at 12:36 PM Post #172 of 198
So I got 110ohm AES cable from Ghent. I find the sound better with my previous 75ohm coax cable from blue jean (1694A Belden). Pretty unexpected. Blue jean cables FTW

For rca/xlr I've always bought from benchmark, or monoprice when on the cheap. Ghent's A18(360) Mogami XLR looks pretty sexy too, though.

Apr 22, 2019 at 7:01 PM Post #173 of 198
Happy Ghent Audio customer here to report some findings. I purchased 2 power cables for my Allo DigiOne Signature. One of the cables made a subtle, but noticeable difference in the unit's sound!

For those not familiar with the DS, it requires 2 power cables. One for the Raspberry Pi (dirty side) and the other for the DigieOne board (clean side). My unit's clean-side is powered by an UpTone Audio LPS-1. Ghent made me a custom length DC29 Oyaide DC2.1G to USB Type C. At first I didn't think there would be a change, but this power cable actually cleaned up the sound when compared to the throw-away cable that I was using before.

The dirty side cable did not make a noticeable difference, but it could be because I'm using their standard wall wart switching power supply. The cable is a Female DC socket (2.1mm) to USB Type C.

All in, I am happy with the order and would buy from Ghent again.

Apr 24, 2019 at 3:51 PM Post #174 of 198
Just got my ghent Singxer-DC-Kit for Singxer SU-1 in Canare 4S6G(OFC). The Gotham was a little too pricy.
I already had a kitsune dc kit but this one is so much better quality the kitsune is just a joke in comparison, the dc cable especially.

The fit was a little tight since the canare is rather thick, but in 15 minutes all was done and now listening to the SU-1. Sounds great; great kit from Ghent. Recommended :D

Jan 14, 2020 at 7:55 PM Post #176 of 198
I wish Ghent would build headphone cables. I asked him years ago and no good. Maybe if you guys help by asking him too he would get more motivated.

Jan 14, 2020 at 8:45 PM Post #178 of 198
I didn't know this thread exists. thanks for upping.

Custom Gotham USB A <==> microUSB

Used for Anker Battery Pack <==> Raspberry Pi Optical

I'm solely off grid going forward and everything relies on battery now so nice shielded cables always welcome.

Nice build quality. Quick delivery. I was going to reply to take their time because it almost was Golden Week holiday, but before that communication; cable was already on it's way.

qut.png

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2020 at 4:37 AM Post #180 of 198
What would you guys recommend for a turntable interconnect from Ghent? The cable run from my phono stage to my preamp is about 4m. The phono stage manufacturer (ASR, I have the basis exclusive battery powered phono stage) recommends low capacitance. Looking at things, I think the A01 would be a good choice. And no, due to constraints, I am not able to currently place said turntable/phono stage closer to the preamp and have a shorter cable run. I am stuck with the setup that I have for the foreseeable future.

I'm also thinking of betting the B01 to go from my AK 120 II DAP to my preamp. Is this the correct cable/process to do this and get the AK working via the preamp?

Some other general questions - ordered a 1M run of A09 last night via Ghent's website. I couldn't see an option to create an account etc, just an option to "add to cart" which then directs you to pay via paypal and signing in. Is this normal for his website? I guess he must go off the address attached to your paypal account...I guess it keeps his site simple, but it's badly designed (15 years in IT here) imho. No follow up Email from Ghent yet, but it has only been 24 hours since I placed the order for the A09, and it is the weekend too. Should I expect to get a confirmation Email for said order? It's a bit disconcerting if I don't...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back