Ghentaudio Cables - Impressions & Opinions. (First impressions & pictures in!)
Oct 10, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #151 of 198
thanks for the help! guess I'll order soon now that the holidays in China are finally over.
by the way, any recommendations on a Coax cable (for connecting my Schiit Eitr to Schiit Mimby)? was looking at E02/04/05

My pick would be E08...the cable w/o fabric covering. This opinion is hardly scientific, but I have 2-3 headphone cables made of the fabric-covered wire, and another 3-4 made of non fabric covered wire. The non fabric covered cables sound a little better to me. It's very subtle, but that's what I hear.

Admittedly, my experience w/headphone cables doesn't exactly extrapolate to coax/digital applications, but if it was me buying a coax from Ghent Audio, I'd pay a couple bucks more and go for E08.

I'm a big fan of Ghent Audio. Ghent Xu makes no real claims about sonic superiority, but his stuff is well made and, at least to me, sounds quite good.

Oct 10, 2017 at 8:48 PM Post #152 of 198
wilfare I have an e05 coax cable with locking connectors made from the belden 1694a, I chose that one because bluejeanscable also uses that belden wire for theirs.. it sounds great I think it even sounded better than the aes cable I had.. but it's really stifff. if you need one that's not stiff check out one of the others, maybe e08 because it has the 75 ohm canare rca connectors

Last edited:
Oct 10, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #153 of 198
thanks for the replies! guess I'll be ordering quite a few

A01 RCA
- for connecting between the Schiit devices
- for connecting between Schiit and Speakers

U01 USB
- for connecting between Schiit and PC
- for connecting between Speakers and PC

Coax
- for connecting between Etir and Mimby

hope I won't have a whole mess of cables lol as I'm thinking of getting Schiit SYS to use in reverse

Oct 11, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #154 of 198
wilfare I have an e05 coax cable with locking connectors made from the belden 1694a, I chose that one because bluejeanscable also uses that belden wire for theirs.. it sounds great I think it even sounded better than the aes cable I had.. but it's really stifff. if you need one that's not stiff check out one of the others, maybe e08 because it has the 75 ohm canare rca connectors

hmm. what's the point of locking connectors? do they work with any set-up?
I think I'm pretty much deciding between E02/E04/E08

Oct 11, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #155 of 198
Locking connectors are great because sometimes you forget you have them so you try to pull them out without twisting them to loosen them and you yank the RCA socket out of your device then you fall to your knees and scream why God why did I get a locking connector...

Oct 11, 2017 at 9:51 PM Post #156 of 198
Locking connectors are great because sometimes you forget you have them so you try to pull them out without twisting them to loosen them and you yank the RCA socket out of your device then you fall to your knees and scream why God why did I get a locking connector...

lol that sounds tragic... and likely to happen.
I wish his A01 cables came with the Canare crimp connectors as well :/

now to decide whether to get the Belden or Canare for the coax :/ was hoping he'll reply my email but have yet to hear from him.

Oct 11, 2017 at 10:07 PM Post #157 of 198
If a very stiff cable is useable for you get the belden one I have it's 18 awg solid core conductor, not stranded. That's real thick, some power cords are 18 awg. Plus sleeving is pretty

Oct 12, 2017 at 6:26 PM Post #161 of 198
did you end up putting them side-by-side?
I'm thinking of getting the A1 7inch to put the SYS and Mimby side-by-side :/
I have the A01 7", and they're only long enough for a stack, the length is end of connector to end of connector. In fact, the picture you see on the page for the A01 with the M&M stack shows the 7" cables in use. Schiit's Pyst RCA cables are apparently 6", thought that is excluding connectors, which they seem to work based on ZReviews video of the M&M(unless that length has changed).

Oct 12, 2017 at 7:02 PM Post #162 of 198
I have the A01 7", and they're only long enough for a stack, the length is end of connector to end of connector. In fact, the picture you see on the page for the A01 with the M&M stack shows the 7" cables in use. Schiit's Pyst RCA cables are apparently 6", thought that is excluding connectors, which they seem to work based on ZReviews video of the M&M(unless that length has changed).

thanks! I'm hoping that since putting the SYS and Mimby side by side would mean that the RCA jacks are right next to each other, the 7" A01 would suffice (it would be similar to the distance in a stack).

Oct 12, 2017 at 9:26 PM Post #163 of 198
thanks! I'm hoping that since putting the SYS and Mimby side by side would mean that the RCA jacks are right next to each other, the 7" A01 would suffice (it would be similar to the distance in a stack).
Well in that case it might. I was thinking of the modibit and magni 2 uber(what I have) as they're on the same side of the box, so it works great as a stack, but adds distance when next to each other. Which is too bad, as I'm now covering up the multibit M, maybe someday I'll buy some longer ghentaudio cables to go between them...though I don't have tons of desk space, and turning them on is so easy with the switches on top of each other.

Oct 12, 2017 at 10:30 PM Post #164 of 198
Well in that case it might. I was thinking of the modibit and magni 2 uber(what I have) as they're on the same side of the box, so it works great as a stack, but adds distance when next to each other. Which is too bad, as I'm now covering up the multibit M, maybe someday I'll buy some longer ghentaudio cables to go between them...though I don't have tons of desk space, and turning them on is so easy with the switches on top of each other.

I would put the Mimby at the top too (to showcase the M print) but the rubber feet they use are different :frowning2: so it creates an uneven height :/

now to look for power cables/adapters to have a clean source of power (lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back