GGMM H300 triple driver anyone heard them?
Sep 29, 2019 at 8:49 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

The-One

500+ Head-Fier
https://www.ggmm.com/collections/headphones/products/h300-triple-driver-headphone

From cursory research they seem to focus on extreme value products? Don't know if this is any good or worth a punt at 70 dollars?

As an aside I've not really listened to headphones / iems for the past 5 years (or been here much) and I'm just blown away by how much choice there is now with waves of Chinese brands and high end model of traditional brands getting even more expensive.

Sep 29, 2019 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 7
https://www.ggmm.com/collections/headphones/products/h300-triple-driver-headphone

From cursory research they seem to focus on extreme value products? Don't know if this is any good or worth a punt at 70 dollars?

As an aside I've not really listened to headphones / iems for the past 5 years (or been here much) and I'm just blown away by how much choice there is now with waves of Chinese brands and high end model of traditional brands getting even more expensive.

I've not heard of this model or brand TBH. But the cable looks non detachable and that is a no go for me, as I had a few pairs of IEMs die at the cable and render the whole IEM useless (unless u have the skills to solder and recable/mod).
I've been buying western IEMs for 15 years and the past 2 years, the CHIFI products have really caught up to the budget to midfi western segment at a fraction of the price but of similar quality or thereabouts.
We can even get a triple driver (detachable cable) IEM with quite good tuning at 16 bucks, and much much more options for higher performance ones from 50 - 300 bucks. Driver count is of course not as important as tuning, but it's really amazing how much quality we can get for so little coin this year.

Oct 1, 2019 at 4:47 PM Post #3 of 7
I've not heard of this model or brand TBH. But the cable looks non detachable and that is a no go for me, as I had a few pairs of IEMs die at the cable and render the whole IEM useless (unless u have the skills to solder and recable/mod).
I've been buying western IEMs for 15 years and the past 2 years, the CHIFI products have really caught up to the budget to midfi western segment at a fraction of the price but of similar quality or thereabouts.
We can even get a triple driver (detachable cable) IEM with quite good tuning at 16 bucks, and much much more options for higher performance ones from 50 - 300 bucks. Driver count is of course not as important as tuning, but it's really amazing how much quality we can get for so little coin this year.

Well I've bought them, Amazon did a flash sale for 51 bucks.

I'm hoping they'll have the same performance or better as the 1more triple drivers at around 2/3 of the cost. After all 1more came on the scene and blew everyone away.

Will tell you what I think when I get them. It's a bit of a leap of faith into CHIFI as I couldn't find reviews on them anywhere except Amazon. I have studio grade monitors and a 155lb sub room corrected down to 16hz so I can compare off that as it's been so long since I had custom iems and senn hd800.

Oct 12, 2019 at 3:13 PM Post #4 of 7
2YQ388f

Since you were the only one interested, I'll just quickly tell you what I thought.

Cable definitely could be sturdier, the top bit connecting to the actual earpieces are not nylon braided, just generic thin rubber.

As for the sound, yeah it's amazing what £41 buys you these days in terms of an IEM. I quite like the sound from it, but I realise it won't be for everyone. The attached frequency response when I talked to an GGMM engineer should make that clear.

received-716864672164354.png

While there's no information above 10k, it doesn't sound like sparkling treble was at the top of their design priorities. Instead good bass and "unrecessed" mids were probably their intention. If I were to describe the sound with 1 word it would be "smooth".

It is interesting for the bass that they chose not to do a mid or high bass hump like many others do but have tried to implement a "house curve" where lower HZ are boosted more due to ear insensitivity. It's a good thing IMO and much better than a PEQ between 60 - 80 which is hallmark of poor quality tuning that would cause bloom and bleed into mid.

I either listen to "chart music" which these days is bass heavy or female vocalists such as Lana Del Ray / Katie Melua / Mazzy Star / Celion Dion so I don't much care if everything sounds "warm".

Would I buy this again? Maybe not as I bought it on a whim on a deal without having researched through every CHI-FI option. There's probably more bang for bucks like "KZ Terminator" costing not much more than this.

Would I keep and use it until it breaks? Sure, it sounds pleasant as I like the way they have tuned it, fits my ear well with the foam (isolation average, don't expect custom levels) looks unobtrusive to strangers, inline mic and volume controls work well.

Attachments

• received_716864672164354.png
    received_716864672164354.png
    663.8 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Oct 13, 2019 at 12:06 AM Post #5 of 7
2YQ388f

Since you were the only one interested, I'll just quickly tell you what I thought.

Cable definitely could be sturdier, the top bit connecting to the actual earpieces are not nylon braided, just generic thin rubber.

As for the sound, yeah it's amazing what £41 buys you these days in terms of an IEM. I quite like the sound from it, but I realise it won't be for everyone. The attached frequency response when I talked to an GGMM engineer should make that clear.

received-716864672164354.png

While there's no information above 10k, it doesn't sound like sparkling treble was at the top of their design priorities. Instead good bass and "unrecessed" mids were probably their intention. If I were to describe the sound with 1 word it would be "smooth".

It is interesting for the bass that they chose not to do a mid or high bass hump like many others do but have tried to implement a "house curve" where lower HZ are boosted more due to ear insensitivity. It's a good thing IMO and much better than a PEQ between 60 - 80 which is hallmark of poor quality tuning that would cause bloom and bleed into mid.

I either listen to "chart music" which these days is bass heavy or female vocalists such as Lana Del Ray / Katie Melua / Mazzy Star / Celion Dion so I don't much care if everything sounds "warm".

Would I buy this again? Maybe not as I bought it on a whim on a deal without having researched through every CHI-FI option. There's probably more bang for bucks like "KZ Terminator" costing not much more than this.

Would I keep and use it until it breaks? Sure, it sounds pleasant as I like the way they have tuned it, fits my ear well with the foam (isolation average, don't expect custom levels) looks unobtrusive to strangers, inline mic and volume controls work well.

Nice review. The 2 - 4khz peak of upper mids for FR looks a bit harsh. Do u find it so on listening?

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:10 AM Post #6 of 7
Nice review. The 2 - 4khz peak of upper mids for FR looks a bit harsh. Do u find it so on listening?

No, but maybe because the H300 doesn't perform exactly to this due to their components. The engineer said "responses between models vary", which suggest they try and tune every single product in their line up to this "house sound". The bass is probably shaped in "house curve" because there are no vents.

Oh I forgot to mention soundstage. It's just average. Can't expect miracles from an IEM.

Oct 13, 2019 at 12:35 AM Post #7 of 7

Oh also, interesting enough @ https://www.thephonograph.net/kz-zsx-review/

The vents blocked response is very similar to what the GGMM H300 is tuned like. The 2 curves become almost identical. Though I'd imagine the ZSX might have deeper or louder bass due to a twin magnet driver design, but people say there's driver flex with vents blocked where there is no vents and no flex on the H300.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back