Getting my wisdom teeth pulled this saturday...
Mar 25, 2006 at 3:33 PM Post #17 of 26
good news is i got my pearl jam tickets...:
smily_headphones1.gif

ok, off to the dentist...wish me luck

Mar 25, 2006 at 5:17 PM Post #18 of 26
You'll be fine.

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:06 PM Post #19 of 26
Good luck!

I remember when I had to get all of my wisdom teeth pulled. They were impacted, so they had to knock me out. All I remember is the nurse sticking a needle in my arm and saying, "This stuff works pretty fast." I said, "Ok," and the next thing I remember, I wake up on a bed with two ice packs on my cheeks...

Mar 25, 2006 at 8:20 PM Post #20 of 26
I've had teech extracted a couple times before and it's no biggie, although I am getting all four of my wisdom teeth pulled pretty soon. I looked at a panorex X-ray yesterday and oh my gosh, no wonder I need to keep using my retainers to move my clarinet teeth back (the two top front ones). They're all shifted forward slightly.

Yeah, I had the same thing. I kind of looked down and saw the lady giving me the shot in my left arm and the guy told me to count to 10 or something and I don't think I made it past one.

Mar 25, 2006 at 9:50 PM Post #21 of 26
well...i am back.

wow...the operation hurt alot. I wasn't put under, so I felt the pulling and all that, but didn't think it would hurt.

Only now am I able to go back on the computer..took some painkillers and now it's ok. Before I was in bed in ridiculous pain and noone was home...I made a dent in the wall.

Mar 25, 2006 at 11:14 PM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
Only now am I able to go back on the computer..took some painkillers and now it's ok. Before I was in bed in ridiculous pain and noone was home...I made a dent in the wall.

Damn... how did you manage that?

Mar 26, 2006 at 12:19 AM Post #23 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by alexs
Before I was in bed in ridiculous pain and noone was home...I made a dent in the wall.

Been there, done that, on several excrutiating occasions. You have my sympathy, go swill out with some warm salt water and pop a few aspirins / ibuprofen combo. An ice pack may help for the first 48 hours or so after the extraction.

Good luck, you'll be ok.

Mike.

Mar 26, 2006 at 3:57 AM Post #24 of 26
Had my teeth pulled last winter, and was prescribed Vicodin for the pain.

It gave me a seizure.

(I stuck with ibuprofen)

Mar 26, 2006 at 11:34 PM Post #26 of 26
You should have requested IV sedation. The procedure would have been much easier and they likely would have used Versed and an intravenous steroid which would have greatly decreased post-op swelling. JMO but 3rd molar surgery should always be done under IV sedation especially if they're impacted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back