Getting my headphones in the mail today and..
Jun 28, 2012 at 1:05 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

JayNetTech5

100+ Head-Fier
I ordered a pair of JVC HARX900s for $57 at newegg and also a pair of cheap panasonic RP-HT21 headphones that were only $5 at walmart and are supposed to be very durable and good sounding as far as many people claim.

I wanted to know if the harx900 will work with my ipod. My ipod touch 4g is 32ohm, while the jvcs are 64ohms I believe. Does this mean it won't work? 

Jun 28, 2012 at 2:36 PM Post #5 of 10
Congratulations on your purchase. I have heard so many good things about the JVC headphones. I just purchased a set of 3 JVC HA101 Xtreme Xplosives for me and my family. They are still in the mail. Can't wait. But hey, maybe let us know how they sound once you get them?

Jun 28, 2012 at 3:01 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:
Congratulations on your purchase. I have heard so many good things about the JVC headphones. I just purchased a set of 3 JVC HA101 Xtreme Xplosives for me and my family. They are still in the mail. Can't wait. But hey, maybe let us know how they sound once you get them?

yeah man, I heard the 900s sound like crap when you first take em out of the box. I am somewhat more excited for my rp-ht21s, because of so many good things i heard about them and how durable they are for only $5. I could have sworn, I've had these before. I think these might be one of the headphones from my childhood. I'm not sure. But Yeah. I might have to burn them in/listen to music before I can give you an answer. I have poor judgement and wouldn't want to mislead you (if that's how you spell it). I heard the soundstage on these are comparable to the AT AD700s.

Jun 28, 2012 at 5:47 PM Post #7 of 10
Recieved it. and omg, the ht21 from panasonic sounds terrible. IT's not even listenable. It's like low volume, yet my ears were hurting. I wouldn't even give them to my family. the 900s are nice and bassy. Stiil need at least a week or two to judge though.

Jun 28, 2012 at 9:50 PM Post #8 of 10
Quote:
Recieved it. and omg, the ht21 from panasonic sounds terrible. IT's not even listenable. It's like low volume, yet my ears were hurting. I wouldn't even give them to my family. the 900s are nice and bassy. Stiil need at least a week or two to judge though.

Well, what did you expect for 5 bucks? Do you have an equalizer you can use to even out the sound?

Jun 29, 2012 at 9:09 AM Post #10 of 10
Quote:
Well, what did you expect for 5 bucks? Do you have an equalizer you can use to even out the sound?

I don't really have an EQ, only for the ipod music app. BTW, the JVC RX900s are very detailed and the soundstage is amazing. It makes the music feel like it's in a huge theater, and is very detailed. It gives whatever music you throw at it the right amount of dimension and detail. It's great for most genres, something that my ultrasones failed at. I do think that there is better headphones for rap and dub step, but these do an okay job for that. These sound awesome for choirs, rock/metal, instrumentals etc.... They are very ambient sounding. The bass can be on the weak end though. It's there and noticeable, but it's not in your face booming like my ultrasones, which is somewhat disappointing but makes up for it in soundstage/dimension and I like them better than my HFI-450s; it's more well controlled and tight rather than booming, but could also be because the headphones require more power. My ipod is 32omh, while the headphones require 64ohm, but sound amazing anyway. I heard these need 300+ hours of burn in. Just think! extra burn in for 300 hours, plus a more powerful source (64ohm), will make an incredible sound from a headphone that already sounds good.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back